Bad Guy AVOID Jessica Gardiner at all costs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
snared99
AVOID Jessica Gardiner at all costs

I have waited long enough to make this post, I purchased a Female het witblits dragon from her on 12/28/14 via Paypal. After many excuses and no pics of her "being proven out with visual offspring" I began to get suspicious of foul play. She missed 2 shipping deadlines, and when asked for a refund was suddenly not interested. I placed a Paypal claim, but of course she stated it was a live animal and the claim was dropped.
A claim was also submitted via my credit card company and they have the same conclusion. Basically i was screwed out of my money in a scam she knew she would have to pony up on. She knew exactly what to state for the claim to be dropped, leading me to believe she never intended to send. Save your self time and avoid her all together. To be honest it is getting to the age where no purchases are safe on paypal any more and scammers are well aware, maybe time for money orders again???

Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
I have waited long enough to make this post, I purchased a Female het witblits dragon from her on 12/28/14 via Paypal. After many excuses and no pics of her "being proven out with visual offspring" I began to get suspicious of foul play. She missed 2 shipping deadlines, and when asked for a refund was suddenly not interested. I placed a Paypal claim, but of course she stated it was a live animal and the claim was dropped.
A claim was also submitted via my credit card company and they have the same conclusion. Basically i was screwed out of my money in a scam she knew she would have to pony up on. She knew exactly what to state for the claim to be dropped, leading me to believe she never intended to send. Save your self time and avoid her all together. To be honest it is getting to the age where no purchases are safe on paypal any more and scammers are well aware, maybe time for money orders again???
So she never sent an animal and your credit card sided with her? I'm so sorry Pat.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm just curious, what state was she shipping from? Also, do you have her email?

I ask because that's a very interesting last name that came up in a BOI search with a very similar story.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
To be honest it is getting to the age where no purchases are safe on paypal any more and scammers are well aware, maybe time for money orders again???
EXACTLY!

I was taken for $2200 & my lizards, by a scam artist in California a couple years ago on a PayPal transaction, now it's payment by personal or company check, (I ship when it clears), or postal money ONLY!

Never had a problem before there was PayPal, haven't had a problem since I quit them!

Sorry this happened to you, I know how FRUSTRATING it is!!

BEST of LUCK to you..

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 02-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
yeloowtang
this is verry wrong that they would side with the scammer.
be it live animal or not, the bottom line was nothing was ever sent from the seller.
i can see paypal not siding with the buyer if the animal dies, but not when nothing is shipped.
same goes with the credit card, they of all people should side with you, i would call them up again and explain it clearly to a higher autority, and if they refuse to understand, cancel you card with them on the spot..

Old 02-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
j_dunlavy
the name sounded familiar, found this, thought it was relevant:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ssica+Gardiner

Can you confirm "Jessica Gardiner's" contact info please?

Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
the name sounded familiar, found this, thought it was relevant:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ssica+Gardiner

Can you confirm "Jessica Gardiner's" contact info please?
Pat did post in that thread and I believe it's the same deal he was talking about. I hope he can clarify though.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #8
moghue
should not matter with your credit card company if it was a live animal or not. The fact is she never sent the item you paid for, therefore the credit card company should refund you. Ive never had a credit card company ever not refund me if i didnt recieve what i paid for no matter if it was for a live animal or not.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
Pat did post in that thread and I believe it's the same deal he was talking about. I hope he can clarify though.
Yup same individual

Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
I wish one of the reptile shipping companies would start a Paypal like thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!