Lay boxes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
nydrgnldy
Lay boxes

I just want to make sure I am doing this right.What type of substrate do you use in the lay boxes and do you put it on the cool side or warm side of the tank.I am using coconut fiber as substrate and I keep it moist not wet and I have it on the warm side of the tank.I have a tupperware container(larger type with just a hole cut in it so she can get in and out.Does this sound ok??
Robin

Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
aliceinwl
Everything sounds right except for location. By warm side do you mean over the UTH or heating element? If you do have it over one of these you might want to mave it so that it is near, but not over. Otherwise some eggs may fry if the female digs down and lays them on the very bottom.

-Alice

Old 03-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Yep sounds good except like Alice said.

I have mine in the middle of the cage, right at the edge of the heat tape but not directly on top of it. Then a dry hide completely on the cool side.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
nydrgnldy
its in the middle not directly over the heat rope.i also have several other hides all over the tank.its a 55 gallon with 3 females...only 2 that were bred...the other is just a bit too small just yet.I have about 5 hides in there.
Robin

Old 03-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
sound good! I have had 1 female lay in her dry hide though, so I have had thoughts of taking the dry hides and putting moist fiber in them too just in case, just not decided yet.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
nydrgnldy
I have several dry hides as well maybe I'll put some mosit fiber in there too.Sounds like a good idea actually sure cant hurt.I find most of the time the ike the moist hides anyway.
robin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!