Our New Uromastyx - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
Junkyard
Our New Uromastyx

He is our new addition, I think I am going to name him Kiros

Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
I just love those tails!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
Junkyard
I too think the tails are pretty cool myself.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
markface
congrats on the new addition . i think they are cool looking in a prehistoric sort of way .

Old 04-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Junkyard
Funny you mentioned that. My wife and I were talking abou how we can add him to the 4-5th grade class we teach every year on reptiles. We are going to tell the kids that he is a lost dinosaur that was once thought to be extinct. His tail is his weapon of defense, though nothing to worry about, we were able to tame him down so he is not mean.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
Denisebme
We just got a baby Mali a few months back. They really are incredible, and as cute as a puppy when they're small. My daughter thinks it (we have no idea of its sex yet) looks like a turtle without the shell, the hubby thinks it looks like a dinosaur, I just think its cute.
We've named ours Kika, if it becomes male, we'll call it Kiko.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:38 AM   #7
joshdhensley
Nice. I have 2 beautiful Malis and 2 fantastic Yellow Saharans. All but one from Deer Fern Farms. Hopefully we will have some babies this year from them. It will be their first year. They are all aproximatly 2 1/2 years old.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
Junkyard
Thank you all. I do not think I will breed him, he does not get along with others unless they are humans and cats. I named him Kiros which means "King", he was pretty ruthless and beat up 8 other uromastyx, which is why he was sold.

They funny thing is, he loves people, he gets anxious when I am around because he want to come out of his cage. He chases the cats and licks them, then he runs over and dive bombs off the bed. He has so much personality, he really is one of the best lizards we have ever owned.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #9
jglass38
Congrats Michael! I love my Mali. We call him the licky lizard. He licks everything..He is still a pain to pick up as he tail whips until he is out and calm. I wish he would eat some different foods but he seems to only like the various greens we provide..He also loves the occasional crickets and worms. I would like to get mine an AP cage soon. Hopefully that will stop the endless clawing he does at the walls of the glass aquarium.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #10
Junkyard
We discovered a new favorite food for him, he loves the Iguana Bites by Nature Zone. I fed the iguana and thought "what the heck" and tossed a couple of the "tofu cubes"(that's what I call them) in, now he runs across the cage to get to them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!