What's the deal with this auction and reptile ring - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Auction Offerings > Auction Feedback Forum

Notices

Auction Feedback Forum I figure I need a place to discuss whether this auction section is working or not.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #11
Helen Lampinen
I see

Ok so maybe some hard feelings there. Maybe the cat is out of the bag though and too late to go back at this point. It still seems to me like animals on reptile ring are selling at a somewhat decent price and seems like people in our group here should get a chance without Mark Zuckerburg, ha ha.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #12
Helenthereef
Any chance of posting the details here for those of us who have not drunk the FB Koolaid?

Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Any chance of posting the details here for those of us who have not drunk the FB Koolaid?
Sorry, posted in wrong thread, please ignore....

Old 05-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #14
hhmoore
Just for the sake of opacity (not going for transparency, just letting some light get through), this idea is temporarily being placed on hold because, frankly, we aren't in a position to have a serious discussion about it at this point in time. I have advised Helen (the OP) to develop her thoughts, and work on a game plan for organizing and promoting what she has suggested. It is unlikely that any significant changes to the platform will be undertaken...but promoting an already existing feature seems a fairly reasonable course.
I anticipate being able to start tossing this around in early to mid July. Somebody remind me of I don't revisit this thread (not til after the 4th of July weekend, though )

Old 05-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #15
Dbz4246
I am down with trying to promote the Auctions section. There really isn't much usage going on with it, but personally I have obtained some great animals and even sold some great animals via the auction on this site. I was planning on Auctioning some animals this year as soon as my females start to drop.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #16
WebSlave
Actually I had hoped this auction section would work out, because one of these days I'm going to want to put my herp library up for sale, and think an auction format would be best for each of the books. But it is what it is, I guess. Sure hate to have to use Ebay........

Old 08-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #17
Dbz4246
It could still work, what I have been doing is posting an auction, and then posting a classified ad in the correct forum about that auction and putting a link in the ad. More people see the auction section that way, but ultimately up to them to bid.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #18
hhmoore
I had totally forgotten about this. I tabled it because of the timing - there were a number of things happening, not the least of which was Rich going away for a month.
Helen - if you're still interested in promoting the auction section & trying to liven it up, please post your ideas.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #19
WebSlave
Exclamation

Well, how about this? I will relocate this auction section ABOVE the classifieds and see how that works out. If it doesn't, then I will consider the auction idea as being officially dead and buried.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #20
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, how about this? I will relocate this auction section ABOVE the classifieds and see how that works out. If it doesn't, then I will consider the auction idea as being officially dead and buried.
It's worth a shot

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!