*FREE* sulcata tortoise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
nvterrapene
*FREE* sulcata tortoise

Hello everyone. Like all of you I love reptiles and amphibians, and this guy will always have a special place in my heart but I would like to expand my resources to keep some chelonian species more in need of conservation and that won't be as difficult to provide enough space for. This sulcata, Mortimer, was kept for the first six years of his life in a glass tank unable to move because of how quickly he out grew it. His owner, unfortunately fed him nothing but lettuce for those first six years. When we got him, we managed to eventually switch him over to the grassland diet his species needs. Now, he is outgrowing our New Jersey home. He spends the summer months grazing on our fenced in property, but in the winter things have been a little more difficult. We made our extra living room his living space but we will eventually not have the space for him anymore in the winter. This species can reach up to 200 pounds and he has grown exponentially since he has been in our care. We are looking for someone who knows what they are doing and who can give him the best of care. Because of this, if you are interested, I'm only going to be asking for photographic evidence that you will give him a good life he deserves and no rehoming fee. I will be at the next hamburg show and can deliver him there if need be, but no shipping. The last time I weighed him he was over 20 pounds and I'd imagine he's somewhere closer to the 30 pound range now. As you can see in the photos he is more like a dog than a tortoise, he'll come up to you and beg for you to hand feed him some type of treat. Please email me at nick.d.valentino@gmail.com if you are interested, and thank you for reading! Have a good day everyone!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
nvterrapene
Here are some more pics, he may look small in the one but in the other you can see he is just just shy of 15"

Contact User Check User
Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
BENKOCH__
I emailed you. Hope for a response!

Old 06-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #4
nvterrapene
Thank you all for your interest, kind of hard to reply to all 43 emails I have received but figured I would tell you that he is spoken for

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!