Reptiles that don’t need heat? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
awesomeherpkeeper
Reptiles that don’t need heat?

Hey everyone. I am posting this as I am currently using a 10 gallon for my baby create gecko, but she gets lost and hasn’t been eating well. So I am downsizing till she gets a little bigger. So I was wondering what I could keep in her old cage. I’ve heard that some skins can live fine without heat but I would enjoy if that where more specific. It is a cube btw. About 12 deep 14 wide and 14 high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Herpin Man
Being cold-blooded, all reptiles need heat to some degree. However a few do ok at typical room temps, including some geckos.
If you can't provide supplemental heat, you might be better off considering temperate amphibians. They do better at cool temps usually, and there are lots of choices of species that are small enough for a 10 gallon.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #3
Croghans Reptiles
Throw in some red efts!

Old 10-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
CricketChitin
Being cold blooded means their body temp is dependent on their environment. So if you want to stick with reptiles, you’ll have to find a way to heat it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!