puffy dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
dragonss
puffy dragons

i have heard that dragon will puffy up there bellys full of air to make them look bigger wellllll mine did that and 12 hr later 350 dollors he died the vet told me his air pouch in his loung broke and filled his belly full of air and pushing his inter body pieces out....
anyone ever heard of this happing my vet siad it was a fluke and shes sean it happin but to sickly dragons but mine was healthy (vet siad)

Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
melindaste
Wow I have never heard of that. I am so sorry you lost your dragon.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

What are you kidding? Yes, they do puff themselves up like that to appear larger to other dragons, etc. They also puff themselves up when they are in water to float better.
How in the world did doing that rupture one of his lungs, are you sure there wasn't something else going on that the vet missed or didn't tell you about? That just doesn't sound right to me. Their lungs shouldn't rupture just like that unless it was punctured by something such as an injury.
I am sorry you lost your dragon. :-( It must have been a fluke, geez.

Tracie

Old 09-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
dragonss
yeah well not sure in stumped the vet as well...I bought my lizard from petco..i didn't do that again i bought my new beardie through a breeder on line that i believe is prety good...

Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Definitely, IF it was something like that, then it was most likely genetic which is very unfortunate. I am really sorry you lost your dragon like that, how sad. I hope he didn't suffer.
Who did you buy from?

Tracie

Old 09-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
dragonss
well he really didn't sufferr he was on antibiotics untill the time he past.. I bought my lizard at the pet shop PETCO i won't do that again... Another question my new dragon is shedding and he seem antisocal can i help him by giving him a bath or should i lieve it to him his head peeling his backs coming off in sheet and he doesn't want me to hold him his useuly want me to hold him but not today..

Old 09-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I am glad that he didn't suffer, poor thing.
Well, baths do help quite a bit with shedding difficulty. That should be fine to bathe him, it should help alot. They do tend to get grumpy when they are shedding though.
Is he eating at all?

Tracie

Old 09-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
dragonss
yeah hi seems find know oh yeah he eats alot lol

Old 09-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

He hasn't slown down while he is shedding, that is surprising! How is the shedding coming along?

Tracie

Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #10
dragonss
shedding done ....he didn't it alot when he was shedding but after his shedd he ate a lot of veggies....................

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!