Huge...male? dumerils - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
CliffsideExotics
Huge...male? dumerils

Recently acquired a pair from a friend, he purchased a group of adult breeders in a large stack of enclosures, he only needed the enclosures, but seller would only sell as a package. He's not really a boa guy and was going off of what he was told, I'm not that great at sexing and wanted to get some other opinions. Had a few friends palpate and they both said male. He's got some small spurs and a nub tail, but at 7'2" and 20.2lbs, he has to be the largest male dumerils I've ever seen
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
He looks a tad overweight IMO. Durms can get very large (back in the late 90s there were some 10footers at prehistoric pets in fountain valley). I'd either get it probed or take to the vet to confirm it's a male, I wouldn't trust palpitation on an adult boa as a means of sexing. Spurs/tail are good indicators but not always 100% accurate, I had a female boa with the biggest spurs I've ever seen.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #3
CliffsideExotics
Yea, the dude has rolls and I'm putting him on a small meal diet, the female is the opposite. I have a late 6' female in my freezer with spurs about the same size as his if not larger and my existing 5' 3 year old male has spurs even larger. Definitely considering taking him in for a vet sexing

Old 07-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
richardhind1972
He's a nice big guy. I really love the markings on dumeril boas

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!