Inquiry Banned from Kingsnake - what would you do? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
cornuta
Banned from Kingsnake - what would you do?

Oh, what to do?

I had my kingsnake account since 2006. Last week I was banned as I posted ads for animals from his house. We went in on a group of animals and when they arrived I went to pick up my animals and posted ads from his house. Now Jeff banned me saying I was this other person, let them use my account or was posting ads for them.

I have had some emailing with Jeff and it has gotten no where. I provided my company website which has photos and contact numbers, told Jeff to call me to clear this up and have really gotten no response. I admit I was on a computer owned by a banned user. BUT that is the end of it. I apparently am not getting a refund and it has been 4-5 days since my last email with no response.

Jeff stated he had proof I was not who I said I was and when asked to provide the proof he provided evidence that an ad was placed from his computer per IP address. My problem with this is how to I prove I did nothing wrong??? He states I am not who i say I am? I even emailed Jeff my driver's license to prove I am a real person. Have had a classified account more than 1 time, have no complaints or issues.

How far should I take this? How would you go about proving I am who I am? There evidence is based on a ip address. All that proves is I was on the same computer. I haven't even tried to explain what happened as I have just been trying to prove I am who I say I am. Should I have a lawyer write a letter? Forget about it? I am just irritated of being accused of being someone I'm not based purely on association!

Jacob Crawford

Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
ozz465
it;s rather well know now that posting from a banned users ip can get u banned from ks. gotta see it his way , for them it seems like u are selling others animals or maybe trying to bypass a ban.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
cornuta
That's great and I understand, but how do I go about proving I am not the banned user? Also, Comcast use's dynamic ip address's AND the banned user doesn't even have any service in his name. So theoretically, more than 1 user can have the same ip address?

Regardless, I just want to clear it up as I am not who they think I am. To what extend should I go to do that?

Jacob Crawford

Old 01-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
ozz465
i would guess keep trying to phone him, but just admitting here your in business with a banned user , i highly doubt u will get back on that site.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
cornuta
I'm not in business with him though. I went in on a group of animals and was just trying to sell my half. Isn't that guilty by association? AND how is that a violation of Kingsnake TOS?

Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
ozz465
not sure man , just going by what others have said . like i said try to call the person in charge and explain the situation , but might want to try on a non holiday.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornuta View Post
I admit I was on a computer owned by a banned user.
What were you thinking?

If you've had your account since 2006 you know that particular site goes to great lengths to protect what it perceives as a healthy buying/selling environment. It is no secret that one must follow the rules there closely.

It is no secret that on any site if someone is banned, they will sometimes try to return as an alter ego, and all sites take a dim view of that kind of circumventions of their decisions.

It has happened before where a user there gets consequences, and then runs over here to complain. While it may alert the rest of us to exactly how strict the rules are, it rarely benefits the person who complains.

Perhaps what you should have done is lay low for a few months, sent an apology and request for return. But now that you've put up this thread, that probably won't help.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
deborahbroadus
What would I do, if I were in the same situation? Nothing. I would know I screwed up, and I would simply start finding another way to advertise/sell my "product." So, that business could continue as usual.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
Herp.Herp.Hooray
It's pretty simple look into the B L B C

Old 01-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Perhaps what you should have done is lay low for a few months, sent an apology and request for return. But now that you've put up this thread, that probably won't help.
That's the best advise, right there.

If you are lucky, and you stop running your mouth, you might get back on in six months or so (could be longer). Once you go out and publically trash Jeff, his rules, website, or whatever, you are shooting yourself in the foot. Kingsnake has rules, like any site, and they really enforce them. This business is full of scammers, and they try to keep them out. After seeing what you did, I would question you as well. And all of your responces are the same things a scammer/liar would say. So how do you distinguish them from you? Kingsnake has done nothing wrong. Don't bother waisting your time with a letter from an attorney, you will only make things worse for you. Keep quiet, and hope they allow you to return some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp.Herp.Hooray View Post
It's pretty simple look into the B L B C
I am a member of that site, and I happen to like it, but keep this in mind. Your post is really a ridiculous post. That site gets next to no traffic when you compare it to Kingsnake. Kingsnake is the ultimate on-line reptile marketplace. No other web site even comes close, and if you took all of the on-line reptile marketplace's, and put them in order from one to whatever, the site you speak of would be nowhere near the top. That doesn't mean anything negative about that site, it means they don't get the traffic. Kingsnake is, and probably will always be the dominant reptile marketplace. There is nothing wrong with advertising on as many sites as possible. But when you lose the one that gets the most exposure, it makes it harder to survive.

Best advise to the OP is keep quiet, and hope they allow you to return.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!