Wally Hartwell total rip off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2002, 02:31 PM   #1
snakebyte2001
Wall Hartwell from Washington state sold me a pair of Northern Pacific Rattlesnakes that was supposed to be gravid. The snakes arrived in less that average condition with the rattles broke off. Then above all things they both probed male. I made sure by getting the vet to probe and got the same result. I contacted Mr Hartwell and he agreed to send a Female in exchange for one of the males back. I never received the female and never heard from him again.

Watch out for this crook. He is from Washington state. Save your money and go to someone else.

Old 09-01-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Cant anyone read on this forum. spam_Its a very simple rule and everyone is to follow it to keep your posts up.

Its in RED all over this site.
Rule #1 </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FULL NAMES are required for each message you post.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Old 09-01-2002, 02:48 PM   #3
snakebyte2001
Sorry, the original ad was posted by Donovan Wadding.

Donovan Wadding
snakebyte2001

Old 09-01-2002, 05:25 PM   #4
Seamus Haley
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cant anyone read on this forum. &nbsp;Its a very simple rule and everyone is to follow it to keep your posts up.

Its in RED all over this site.
Rule #1
FULL NAMES are required for each message you post.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

And since it's as simple as making a signature and then never thinking about it again...

Old 09-01-2002, 05:39 PM   #5
Neil Gubitz
Guys.... I know exactly what you mean! It just amazes me that people STILL can't read the rules! This problem could be solved very easily, if, when the Webslave or Moderator01, comes across a post with NO FULL NAME.... just DELETE the ENTIRE post! NO explanation, NO second chance.... just DELETE IT! Sooner or later, these people will figure it out!

The other thing that really busts my chops are the GOOD folks who will actually respond to a post with no name.... STOP DOING THAT! Let it slide into oblivion or get deleted! When they finally figure out how to sign their name, then answer their queries.... not before!
Same ole me, huh? ....Neil

Old 09-01-2002, 08:09 PM   #6
John Apple
Wow
I am amazed , sure I have jumped when someone doesn't follow the rules
But ...2 posts later he puts his full name up ...good job Donovan
Now back to the subject that caused you to post
Do you have records of the transaction ??
Has anything else become of your situation??
Did you try to contact him[Wall] again??
Try and follow the rules of this board ,There are a lot of loyal ,honest people here and most are very protective of this site , take care.
Good luck in your situation

Old 09-01-2002, 08:19 PM   #7
Lucas Denning
Guys, I know you mean well, but go easy on him. &nbsp;He's probably never posted here, and probably didn't read all the terms before posting a simple bad guy post. &nbsp;Treat him the same as the hundreds of other people that have come before him and not seen that. &nbsp;Just say, "Please post your name, it's one of the rules on this forum." &nbsp;It's not like he's deliberately breaking the rules here.
Lucas

Old 09-01-2002, 11:17 PM   #8
lyncheyez
I’ll be waiting to see if anything pans out on this, the second time Mr. Wadding has been ripped off (that he’s posted)

Old 09-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #9
J.Henderson
I have done business with Wally Hartwell in the past. &nbsp;I didnt have any bad dealings with him but he did try to pull a fast one on my buddy. &nbsp;Shaun DeBord, owner of Serpentine Dreams traded him 1.1 borneo short tails, 1.1 carpets and 1.2 BCI I believe. &nbsp;Wally, 2 months later told me that all of them had died except one of the boas. &nbsp;I then got ahold of Shaun DeBord. &nbsp;When Shaun contacted Wally he was told a different story. &nbsp;He was told that the male short tail and one other snake lived. &nbsp;Needless to say I think that too much time had passed for Shaun to have to make this up to Wally. Shaun offered to return the snake that he had originally traded for, and he wanted the male borneo back. &nbsp;Wally said no. &nbsp;Shaun offered Wally $600 cash, the asking price of the snake that Shaun had in his care. &nbsp;Wally said no. &nbsp;Now I have done much business with Shaun DeBord and have always got quality animals from him. Shaun has always followed up on the animals that I have recieved where Wally has not. &nbsp;Just to let you all know, Nor Pac rattlers are native to Washington State and Wally does catch them. &nbsp;It is illegal to collect any wild specimen here in the state. &nbsp;Any native animal that is in captivity here must have paperwork saying that its captive bred or you have to have a license to be able to work with them for scientific purposes. I do know for a fact that Wally does collect wild specimens. &nbsp;Thank you all for letting me ramble about this issue. &nbsp;I hope my 2 cents has helped any.

Jeff Henderson

Old 09-03-2002, 04:13 PM   #10
serpentinedreams
Actualy, He got ahold of me six months after the fact to tell me that some of the animals had died. This was when he seen my post on KS for a adult pair of Green Burms. As Jeff said over the phone I offered him cash and the original animal back even though I didnt feel responcible for them anymore. He told me that all the animals had died within a days time about two months after are deal was complete. He refused both offers and asked me to think about what I had that I could offer him to make it right. I recieved a Email that night minutes after we spoke that said simply "I WANT YOUR GREEN BURMS." The next morning I spoke to jeff and relised that there were two diffrent stories, that he was telling. I wrote back explaining that nothing in my collection had been sick, that animals dont commit mass sucide and I didnt think I was at fault and that if he would have contacted me earlier prehapse I could have done somthing but theres no way I am giving him another pair of snakes. I told him if he thought it was my fault still he could take it to the BOI. I recieved a short threatining email from Wally and havnt heard from him again. The truth is I never had proof that they were dead, I belive that Wally was trying to pull a scam.

-Shaun DeBord

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!