What type of jungle carpet python ? is this - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Pinetop
What type of jungle carpet python ? is this

Ok i picked this guy up from craigslist
today for 50 bucks and was told its a normal it dosent look like it
so id like to see if any has any thought what he is

here are some pics

Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Morelia4life
Umm... I dont even think that is a Jungle. That looks like a Coastal Carpet to me. Normal Jungles are usually Black and Yellow. I don't know if you know much about Coastals but I do think that is a Coastal. It will get a little bigger then a Jungle. Not a bad looking snake for $50.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
edf01
I am not too keen on the carpets- but that screams coastal to me as well.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
hadenglock
looks like a coastal, might even be a diamond cross too by the looks of it

Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
scratchypen
Agree with Haden, Coastel X Diamond integrade. Seems it will be a huge snake since to my knowledge both those animals can get fairly large. Sure is pretty.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
stolenheron
good looking snake. i'm going with coastal or coastal cross.

great pick up for $50!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Morelia4life
I think it is just a Coastal. I don't really see any Diamond in it. I could be wrong though. It is a nice snake though.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
hadenglock
definitly a good find for $50. if it is a coastal or coastal cross, you're looking at 6 to 7 foot animal!

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
hhmoore
This is one of the problems with carpets today - people label them based on appearance, or other people's impression of their appearance, without having any information on the background/genetics. Quite simply, unless reliable (and verifiable) information becomes available - it is "just a carpet". If it is sold again, it should be labeled simply as a carpet...and the owner/seller should use great care with any other descriptors. If it is bred, the offspring should not be labeled as anything other than generic carpets - and the genetics and or "look" of the parents should be listed accurately.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!