Bad Guy Beware Seth Williams "saint221" - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #81
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint221 View Post
I'm not going to read the thread but scence the opportunity was presented I will defend my self 70 was the deal if they were to come down and pick them up did not happen you want the money 25% non refundable youndont pay your shipping you don't get the animals super simple I'm not giving anything away for free I already did that when you were getting them both for 70 just because you have bills coming up does not mean you get to bone me sorry the animals are still here and I even gave you my shipping discount 26$ try and beat it but that ship has saled
That's funny. Near the bottom of your correspondence in post #46 here you said you would send her 80 for the wait.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #82
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint221 View Post
I'm not going to read the thread but scence the opportunity was presented I will defend my self 70 was the deal if they were to come down and pick them up did not happen you want the money 25% non refundable youndont pay your shipping you don't get the animals super simple I'm not giving anything away for free I already did that when you were getting them both for 70 just because you have bills coming up does not mean you get to bone me sorry the animals are still here and I even gave you my shipping discount 26$ try and beat it but that ship has saled
You got the OP's money. The OP got squat. Who got "boned"? The ship sailing here is your rep. Actually it's sinking. Give her back her money.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #83
AllisonLeigh
I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt but if the OP still doesn't have her money then I'll have to retract my support of the seller.

As far as shipping "illegally", I have had many customers try to get me to ship via companies that clearly list on their website they do not ship live animals. When I pointed this out my customers were adamant that "Company blah blah blah shipped to me last month using them with no problems!", when I called the company to see if it was some sort of special account I needed to ship live they said "you can do everything yourself on the website", when I pointed out it said they do not accept live animals they just said "yeah but you can just book the shipment yourself on the website". Obviously I didn't since if they had a policy to not ship live then I can't rely on one call center employee's take on the policy to make it "legal" and it certainly didn't give me confidence that the shipment would be treated with the care a live animal would require but it does make me think a little harder before judging the method of shipping. I still wouldn't do it myself... so I guess that does say something about my opinion but to each their own.

Regardless, if the OP doesn't have the geckos and doesn't have their money then the seller has to do something. By this point all the excuses I had made up for him in my head are gone out the window.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #84
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt but if the OP still doesn't have her money then I'll have to retract my support of the seller.

As far as shipping "illegally", I have had many customers try to get me to ship via companies that clearly list on their website they do not ship live animals. When I pointed this out my customers were adamant that "Company blah blah blah shipped to me last month using them with no problems!", when I called the company to see if it was some sort of special account I needed to ship live they said "you can do everything yourself on the website", when I pointed out it said they do not accept live animals they just said "yeah but you can just book the shipment yourself on the website". Obviously I didn't since if they had a policy to not ship live then I can't rely on one call center employee's take on the policy to make it "legal" and it certainly didn't give me confidence that the shipment would be treated with the care a live animal would require but it does make me think a little harder before judging the method of shipping. I still wouldn't do it myself... so I guess that does say something about my opinion but to each their own.

Regardless, if the OP doesn't have the geckos and doesn't have their money then the seller has to do something. By this point all the excuses I had made up for him in my head are gone out the window.
After going back and reading your posts here, I find no fault in what you posted based on the lack of info both parties were neglectful in. Kudos for this post. And for what it's worth, I have added the word "scammier" to my vocabulary.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #85
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
After going back and reading your posts here, I find no fault in what you posted based on the lack of info both parties were neglectful in. Kudos for this post. And for what it's worth, I have added the word "scammier" to my vocabulary.
Post #48

Old 09-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #86
Chris Kennard
Markus, you have amplied your feelings with regard to your participation in this thread. You injected yourself into this thread on your own behalf. You have ACTIVELY watched as you are now. So I ask this of you. What is your opinion of what has transpired here and if you were in your partner's shoes, how would you have handled this situation?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #87
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Thanks Chris You could make a word-a-day dictionary to cover the next 10 years with the # of words I've "made up" lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!