Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #91
Captive Bred Excellence
I feel I should reply at least once more to clear this up. I advertize with several different ads in more than one place. I just started running these "Deal of the Day" ads on Facebook about a week ago. These are in addition to other ads listed here, kingsnake.com, and my website. There are different prices depending on the ad and if it's a "one day only" ad (price). There are no ads for a Mohave het pied male and normal het female for $125, but there are ads with lower pricing for "het pied pairs". (see her phone text)

The ad regarding the Male mohave het pied male and het female clearly states $175. (also one day only which I honored the following day), normal price $275. I was receiving several private messages from multiple people regarding multiple ads. I never once actually spoke with Elissa, all communications were either pm's or text's. The text shows $125 for a pair of het pieds which I agreed to. She then sent a PayPal payment for $125 and yes she did at that time put the mohave male and het pied. At that point I should have contacted her and requested an additional $50 for that particular pair. Her friend came over soon after I confirmed I had received payment and picked the pair up. I had been busy and hadn't been scrutinizing every detail as I should have and caught the mistake right after she left.

I then sent Elissa a pm letting her know my mistake and left the ball in her court. The next morning (today) her response was what do I want to do about it? I responded that she could send an additional $50 or I would also be willing to issue a refund. She didn't want to do that because she felt I made a mistake and should honor the price. If I had put an ad up for $125 then changed it I wouldn't even question it. That's not what happened. I put an ad up for $175 for a pair of bp's Mohave male het pied and normal female het pied, she sent me $125 and I didn't catch it.

The percieved threat was "I attend all the west coast shows and would
spread the word what a good sellar you are" IF I get the pair for $125. So that tells me if I don't do as she wishes she will spread bad reviews. Sugar coated but a threat none the less.

And to her boyfriend. I have several pairs of mohave het pied and het pieds females for sale. The ad "as you say" I posted after I got the animals back (or before really dosen't matter) is a different pair. If you go back to the classifieds their both there and if you can't tell the difference you weren't really looking. And yes the pair I got back are safely in quaranteen and will not be post them for sale any time soon.

After being called a liar and several other negative things I have maintained my cool and been very polite. I admited I made a mistake and asked that my customer send the correct amount shown in my ad. She refused, threatens me (in a sugar coated way, but cmon!) to get her way. I refund her money in full, drive and get the animals and she launches a hate campaign against me.

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 10-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #92
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Fitzgerald View Post
I feel I should reply at least once more to clear this up. I advertize with several different ads in more than one place. I just started running these "Deal of the Day" ads on Facebook about a week ago. These are in addition to other ads listed here, kingsnake.com, and my website. There are different prices depending on the ad and if it's a "one day only" ad (price). There are no ads for a Mohave het pied male and normal het female for $125, but there are ads with lower pricing for "het pied pairs". (see her phone text)

The ad regarding the Male mohave het pied male and het female clearly states $175. (also one day only which I honored the following day), normal price $275. I was receiving several private messages from multiple people regarding multiple ads. I never once actually spoke with Elissa, all communications were either pm's or text's. The text shows $125 for a pair of het pieds which I agreed to. She then sent a PayPal payment for $125 and yes she did at that time put the mohave male and het pied. At that point I should have contacted her and requested an additional $50 for that particular pair. Her friend came over soon after I confirmed I had received payment and picked the pair up. I had been busy and hadn't been scrutinizing every detail as I should have and caught the mistake right after she left.

I then sent Elissa a pm letting her know my mistake and left the ball in her court. The next morning (today) her response was what do I want to do about it? I responded that she could send an additional $50 or I would also be willing to issue a refund. She didn't want to do that because she felt I made a mistake and should honor the price. If I had put an ad up for $125 then changed it I wouldn't even question it. That's not what happened. I put an ad up for $175 for a pair of bp's Mohave male het pied and normal female het pied, she sent me $125 and I didn't catch it.

spread the word what a good sellar you are" IF I get the pair for $125. So that tells me if I don't do as she wishes she will spread bad reviews. Sugar coated but a threat none the less.

And to her boyfriend. I have several pairs of mohave het pied and het pieds females for sale. The ad "as you say" I posted after I got the animals back (or before really dosen't matter) is a different pair. If you go back to the classifieds their both there and if you can't tell the difference you weren't really looking. And yes the pair I got back are safely in quaranteen and will not be post them for sale any time soon.

After being called a liar and several other negative things I have maintained my cool and been very polite. I admited I made a mistake and asked that my customer send the correct amount shown in my ad. She refused, threatens me (in a sugar coated way, but cmon!) to get her way. I refund her money in full, drive and get the animals and she launches a hate campaign against me.

Tad Fitzgerald
So the animals where recovered at your expense? When you say, "Drive and get the animals...".

Old 10-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #93
hhmoore
Vance - please read the thread. Sarah picked up the snakes (from Tad, for Elisa). They were still in Sarah's possession when Tad decided to screw the pooch. Yes, he drove to Sarah to collect them.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #94
Tinysalmon
Quote:
I then sent Elisa a pm letting her know my mistake and left the ball in her court. The next morning (today) her response was what do I want to do about it? I responded that she could send an additional $50 or I would also be willing to issue a refund. She didn't want to do that because she felt I made a mistake and should honor the price. If I had put an ad up for $125 then changed it I wouldn't even question it. That's not what happened. I put an ad up for $175 for a pair of bp's Mohave male het pied and normal female het pied, she sent me $125 and I didn't catch it.

Why would she go after two snakes that's a higher price and go through all this mess for no reason? That's not her, it's definitely not me. I'm usually extremely relaxed person, that's why I didn't make any irrational gestures or say anything bad in person.

We confirmed with you multiple times. I know people have a lot to jungle, i know our situation was apparently a lot as well. But we asked multiple times, both she and I asked MULTIPLE TIMES that 125 is good. And how do you accept a paypal and a deal without looking at the price. YOU AGREED TO THE 125. You even sexed them in front of me and told me EXACTLY what they were. And that whole time nothing clicked in your head?

That's on you, again. Elisa is being a way better person. And that 'threat' again. Wasn't a Threat. It's not worth the time and effort to go to EVERY Reptile show and say HEY THIS GUY SUCKS. No it's a waste of time. You implied that she was threatening you when there was no threat to begin with. She explained, literally Explained that wal-mart or any other vendor could not do what you just did.

And Honestly, I will call you a liar because this whole situation, the time-line and everything involved literally makes 0 sense. Because 3 hours plus of confirming that indeed it was these two snakes and they were for $125. If I'm about to do a deal, i double check. You either knew perfectly well what was going on, or was just so careless it didn't matter.

And a side note, all the bad things we've said has been one thing overall which is Bad communication. And I've called you a Liar now because you're saying things that do not line up and is indeed lying at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
So the animals where recovered at your expense? When you say, "Drive and get the animals...".
Yes I went to him, and than he came to me to pick them up. I didn't have the gas to make more than a single trip.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #95
Celtic Constrictors
My question is why the heck did you return the snakes?

Seriously?

I would have told mister Tad that the transaction was completed and to double check his inbox where I confirmed the deal six times before it occurred.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:44 AM   #96
evolpaige@gmail.com
In sales it is 100% up to the seller to ensure that they get what they want out of the deal, as it is with the buyer. Elisa did her part and got what she wanted from the deal, and so did Tad until he'd collected his due and parted with his goods. It's not called a job or career for no reason, it takes skill and effort. Obviously Tad's got those things down when it comes to producing animals, but not business, and that's not Elisa's fault. She cannot monitor all of his ads and correct his mistakes, that's not her job!
Also, to those citing that they need to know all of the facts to see where the fault lies, I call bullsh*t! It doesn't matter how, it only matters what was actually spent. Were the supplies used? Yes. Was the gas spent? Yes. That is what should be refunded, because if he were to ship them with a carrier that is what would be expected. Trying to extract extraneous facts about who handed money to whom for what and scrutinize WHY they did it that was is unnecessary and serves to do nothing BUT misdirect and that's frikkin' plain to see! Treat the business aspects as business and not the plot line of your favorite soap operas, please.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #97
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Tad Fitzgerald
Tad, just one question. How many people would actually return the snakes after paying for them because the seller asked for them back because the wrong amount was sent?

You contacted them and told them that you didn't collect the right amount and they had two choices. Send you another fifty dollars or you would refund them and take the snakes back. Many would just tell you to pound sand.

If they were dishonest people that's what they would have done. Would they not? No, they let the return happen. I would suspect they wouldn't be happy about it. Can you blame them? If it was you?

So I don't believe the discrepancy was done to defraud you. They thought they paid the right price and stated it in the transaction. You missed it.

So if they state they are going to tell people that makes them upset about the situation. Should they not be?

Note: That doesn't make them rude and threatening, Ed. That makes them generally unhappy with what has transpired.

Continuing-

They didn't have to do anything but they did give you the snakes back.

Seems to me that this shouldn't have gotten to this point at all.

You let the snakes walk out of your house without the payment you wanted. They sent you texts and paypal confirmation with what the payment was for.

Seems a bit much to to contact them and demand more payment or return them. It's your fault and they gave into your demand for the return.

So if they give you a bit of an attitude I don't think you will find anybody but Ed that seems to be sympathetic. You should be understanding of their frustration of this mistake.

I think if people just take the time and think this through and realize that it was just a mistake and they graciously did what they stated they would by returning the snakes (they certainly didn't have to), Tad, you should be a little more understanding why they take issue with how you handled the situation.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #98
Lucille
Quote:
She neither said nor implied that.
Your buyer has simply related what happened. If it is a bad review, you made it so by your actions.
Lying and making up threats to back what you did made a bad situation worse and makes you look bad.
You can always, at any point, choose to do the right thing and bring back the snakes to you customer, who has not done anything wrong.

Quote:
launches a hate campaign against me.

Tad Fitzgerald
She has not been hateful, she has simply related what happened; she has every right to share her experience.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #99
hhmoore
Mr Fitzgerald,
I found myself thinking about this situation overnight; and, Im sorry to say, it bothers me even more in the growing light of morning.
I must declare, at this point, that this (as well as my previous) post is my opinion only. It should in no way be construed as moderation, or the official stance of this site. I make that statement because I am planning to make what might be considered an extreme step after I submit it.

I don't know you from Adam. You have maintained a relatively low profile, and not caused problems; so, I have had no reason to think poorly of you, or the way you do business. This thread has shifted my opinion to negative. That likely doesn't matter to you - I understand that...really, there is no reason that it should. What I would like to think that my statement might do is to lead you to step back and consider WHY. I have no unrealistic expectations there, since it seems that my prior post didn't phase you. It is your business, and how you deal with your customers is up to you.
That said, I am a longtime member of this site and a GGC holder. I am going to point out a statement from the thread explaining that program:
Quote:
Quite simply, any business or person applying to take part in this program has to agree to do "good business".
I have no doubt that you have many happy customers...but, as I mentioned before, it is when something goes awry that a "good guy" really shines. You aren't shining, sir...and I feel strongly enough that your actions, as described in this thread, are "bad business" that I will be posting a negative vote on your GGC poll.
Make no mistakes - this is not a strong arm tactic to force your hand. I am not involved with the transaction, and really don't care what - if anything - you do in this situation. If you feel that you are in the right, and turn your back on Elisa; I wouldn't give it a second thought. In fact, to be honest, I will probably unsubscribe from this thread right after I vote in your poll.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #100
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Constrictors View Post
My question is why the heck did you return the snakes?

Seriously?

I would have told mister Tad that the transaction was completed and to double check his inbox where I confirmed the deal six times before it occurred.
Yeah I have no idea why you returned the snakes. Send him a copy of the paypal receipt and be done with it. The OP is way nicer than I would have been. I could understand if he gave them something else by accident swapping with the correct animals but otherwise too bad.

I also like this little nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
They then told us to drop the snakes back off to them, and they will refund me my money afterwards. That sounded really weird to me. I replied again that I was already out $25 on gas money and time so if they wanted the snakes they sold back I would need the money first and they would have to pick up. This is when they said to never do business with them again, which I assure everyone here will not be a problem, and that they will come pick up if they have to.
So you screw up and expect your customer to be out more time and gas to bring the snakes back to fix YOUR MISTAKE are you kidding me? And when they tell you no come get them you tell them to never do business with you again. What a joke.

And as far as the OP tarnishing Captive Bred Excellence's reputation no you did that all on your own.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!