Bad Guy Beware Seth Williams "saint221" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #11
Beyond GenetiX
Evidence is key here on faunaclassifieds. This is not the first time he has been accused
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=473447

Michelle I sent you a Pm, you have to understand why people want evidence. Put yourself on the other side for second. Would you want someone coming on here making accusations about you, with no proof/evidence?

Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #12
Mistyck
OP, no one said they don't believe you, and for you to get so defensive when YOU brought this to the BOI is asinine. YOU are the one that started this thread and when people asked for the whole conversation or gave their opinion you decided to go off the deep end.

No, he shouldn't have kept your money, but it still was not unreasonable for him to ask for shipping charges when YOU backed out of picking them up. Why should the seller have to eat the shipping just because the buyer says, "Oh, well I was going to pick them up, but ship them instead." My impression was that the price he told you was a picked-up price, not a shipped price, so there was no reason you shouldn't have been asked to pay for shipping if you still wanted the geckos. If you decided you no longer wanted them because you couldn't afford shipping, then he should return your money.

And if you can't be bothered to post your conversation, (heaven forbid it's a whole 10 pictures) then that's on you. But don't get all high and mighty over the fact that we didn't all fall at your feet to accept everything you had to say without you showing what actually happened.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:43 AM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
If you decided you no longer wanted them because you couldn't afford shipping, then he should return your money.
Brandi I respect your opinion, I just have a slightly different perspective.
I do not know what the seller's TOS is, but the buyer says the initial agreement was that she was supposed to pick the critters up. Nothing is stopping her from doing so even now.
I feel irked that this particular buyer should be entitled to a refund like she had shopped at Walmart, where just about anything is accepted for a refund any time.
For all we know the seller turned down another offer to accept the one from the OP. And for all we know this is a buyer remorse case.
Maybe a refund is in order, but somehow that rubs me the wrong way in this particular transaction. Probably because there is so little info to go by, but the buyer has more info and is not disclosing it.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #14
Beyond GenetiX
It is hard to pass judgements at this time. I don't think this warrants a bad guy thread, yet!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
Pasodama
Here is Seth William's Fauna profile.
He does not add a TOS onto his Ads.
Maybe he has one listed, somewhere else, or maybe not.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=102455

Old 09-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
Beyond GenetiX
This was a craigslist ad and TOS (if he has any) from a different venue don't come into play unless he referenced it in the ad. Which it doesn't sound like he did, since he had to give his faunaclassifieds username later.

Go pick the geckos up or pay to have them shipped. Have you sent him a link to this thread? However he should be willing to refund your money, to me 70.00 isn't worth the drama.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #17
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Brandi I respect your opinion, I just have a slightly different perspective.
I do not know what the seller's TOS is, but the buyer says the initial agreement was that she was supposed to pick the critters up. Nothing is stopping her from doing so even now.
I feel irked that this particular buyer should be entitled to a refund like she had shopped at Walmart, where just about anything is accepted for a refund any time.
For all we know the seller turned down another offer to accept the one from the OP. And for all we know this is a buyer remorse case.
Maybe a refund is in order, but somehow that rubs me the wrong way in this particular transaction. Probably because there is so little info to go by, but the buyer has more info and is not disclosing it.
I can understand your perspective as well Lucille, but in this case; as a seller; I would rather refund this person her money and never deal with her again just to have her out of my hair. With the way the OP blew up at the forum after being asked to post the rest of the conversation, and getting told different opinions (than she wanted), I could only imagine how much of a hassle she would have been to deal with as a customer. So from this perspective she showed us, I would have just given money back to be done with the transaction as a whole.

And being that the OP has decided to throw a temper-tantrum, we'll never know if the seller was being problematic as well. So from my point of view, just to be fully safe, I wouldn't deal with either person, (at least unless the seller comes forth to post the conversation as a whole.) Then I would go from there.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #18
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
This was a craigslist ad and TOS (if he has any) from a different venue don't come into play unless he referenced it in the ad. Which it doesn't sound like he did, since he had to give his faunaclassifieds username later.
(Referencing in bold) We don't know if he did or not (or if he has a TOS or not), considering she refuses to partake in the forums request and post the rest of the conversation, and has only posted her view of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Go pick the geckos up or pay to have them shipped. Have you sent him a link to this thread? However he should be willing to refund your money, to me 70.00 isn't worth the drama.
Yes! This I agree with.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #19
Karma Kritters
I may be wrong but it sounds as if he moved the money from PayPal to his bank account after the payment was received. If so then it would take a few days to move it back and refund the money. With this being a pick up purchase this would seem to be perfectly fine to me. The way I read it he was saying the refund would take a few days not that he would not send it. I'm not sure how to quote on here but just go back to his response she posted.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I can understand your perspective as well Lucille, but in this case; as a seller; I would rather refund this person her money and never deal with her again just to have her out of my hair. With the way the OP blew up at the forum after being asked to post the rest of the conversation, and getting told different opinions (than she wanted), I could only imagine how much of a hassle she would have been to deal with as a customer. So from this perspective she showed us, I would have just given money back to be done with the transaction as a whole.

And being that the OP has decided to throw a temper-tantrum, we'll never know if the seller was being problematic as well. So from my point of view, just to be fully safe, I wouldn't deal with either person, (at least unless the seller comes forth to post the conversation as a whole.) Then I would go from there.

After your explanation, I would have to agree with you. Dealing with this buyer isn't worth the hassle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!