Bad Guy Beware Seth Williams "saint221" - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #61
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Yep, ups will take geckos. I see no reason the package should have been returned other than he picked 2 day now overnight priority.
Ditto. Sometimes however the folks working at the counter aren't cognizant of all of the company policies, especially if they've never personally handled a live animal shipment. I encounter that a lot when shipping firearms.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #62
ElexisC
That's when you pull it up on their own website and shove it in their face lol

Old 09-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #63
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
OP goes from already having enclosure/s (prior to inquiry/purchase) to having had to buy enclosure/s (and other items for enclosure/s) due to her expectation of getting geckos from Seth Williams.
Goes from paying $70 to needing it back, immediately, to pay for her car or she will lose the car.
Expected seller to pay for shipping.
Appears to be irrational, subject to poor decisions, etc.

Seller seems "iffy" on what he stated re. shipping.
Planned on shipping 2 day rather than overnight!
Is also "procrastinating" on sending the OP a refund.
Who knows if he will send the refund. Money that he should have since the OP sent it to him.

Unless there is more, I believe, at this point, that I will just avoid doing business with both the OP and S. Williams.

Yes to everything you said. They're both shady.

It's funny how when Seth didn't send the geckos and requested more money that the OP's car had to be paid or she'd lose her job. How the heck was she going to afford having the geckos in the first place if she couldn't afford the payment for the car?

And Seth should have returned the money by now.

But that being said; Apparently the OP could take the time to email all those pictures but couldn't post them for herself? Which means she didn't want to hear that she was in the wrong in this situation as well.

Both parties need to grow up and learn to deal with things as an adult, or they're never going to make it in life.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #64
Lucille
That shenanigan about the car payment is downright embarrassing. I bet Rich will get one of those requests to remove this thread as soon as she reads the thread this morning ( she is checking in on the site)
Trader Rating: (0) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 09-02-2015 05:41 PM

Old 09-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #65
zovick
Personally, I do not believe the package was ever shipped via any service. He said he was going to use SYR in post #40, then inexplicably went with 2 day UPS instead?? Never sent the buyer a tracking number, either, in spite of saying he would send the shipping info later since he was at work when that was discussed.

I feel more compassion for the buyer after reading those texts.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #66
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
Personally, I do not believe the package was ever shipped via any service. He said he was going to use SYR in post #40, then inexplicably went with 2 day UPS instead?? Never sent the buyer a tracking number, either, in spite of saying he would send the shipping info later since he was at work when that was discussed.

I feel more compassion for the buyer after reading those texts.
I don't feel any compassion for either at this point. She went on the classics I need my money back or this this and this is going to happen when she was more than happy to drive there and pick them up. If she knew her boyfriend was getting a new job, how did she not know when he was going to start? And they could have scheduled another day for pick up.

On the other hand Seth should have sent the money back by now. His stalling and no reply from him doesn't look good at this point. He needs to come explain himself.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #67
Inret
Chiming in on this thread. I was supposed to meet saint221 locally to sell him a gecko. I told him if he had trouble finding the place to pm me on here. I sat there for half an hour, on my phone and fauna the whole time, as I'd said I would, and never once was contacted. He has yet to contact me again. Our meeting was to be last Friday (8/28/2015).

If he had time to set up this deal, he had time to contact me and tell me the deal was off or he was delayed or something or other. Obviously I can't tell you if he ever had the money, but he totally dropped communication on me and wasted a good bit of time and gas on my part.

If you guys want me to post PM's I will. I am a member in good standing and, while I am oft quiet on the BOI, I am happy to back up anything I say.

When he first contacted me, the gecko he wanted was on hold. He "jokingly" encouraged me to tell the person who had it on hold that it had died so I could sell it to him instead. Dealing with saint221 / Seth Williams has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, and I never even ended up talking to him in person.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #68
MidSouthMorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
All this BOI taught me is that Seth Williams is a very patient seller who will bend over backwards to make it convenient for the purchaser. To have to download an app he's never used just to accept the payment in a way to save her 10$ is going out of his way as it is already. Why would the assumption be that he is going to pay the shipping? It looks scammier (that is so not a word...) on the buyers side then it does on the seller!

Thanks for posting the pics Jet76!
And one who ships illegally lol, you cannot ship UPS. That says a lot about him just by that.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #69
MidSouthMorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidSouthMorphs View Post
And one who ships illegally lol, you cannot ship UPS. That says a lot about him just by that.
My mistake, that only applies to snakes correct?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #70
Inret
My local UPS counter said that they only handle snakes as of July. That page on UPS says different. Perhaps it's a situation of your mileage may vary depending on who you get at the counter? Or perhaps a very new policy update?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!