Bad Guy Beware Seth Williams "saint221" - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #71
Black Adder
To my knowledge UPS will ship reptiles(geckos etc) but not snakes
USPS will not ship snakes
That only leaves Fedex(whether its spr or repex) for live snakes

Old 09-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #72
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidSouthMorphs View Post
And one who ships illegally lol, you cannot ship UPS. That says a lot about him just by that.
I already posted screen shots from their website that proves it's not illegal to ship geckos. 2 day shipping is irresponsible and can lead to dead animals, but shipping certain animals through ups is allowed.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:10 AM   #73
saint221
I'm not going to read the thread but scence the opportunity was presented I will defend my self 70 was the deal if they were to come down and pick them up did not happen you want the money 25% non refundable youndont pay your shipping you don't get the animals super simple I'm not giving anything away for free I already did that when you were getting them both for 70 just because you have bills coming up does not mean you get to bone me sorry the animals are still here and I even gave you my shipping discount 26$ try and beat it but that ship has saled

Old 09-04-2015, 02:32 AM   #74
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint221 View Post
I'm not going to read the thread but scence the opportunity was presented I will defend my self 70 was the deal if they were to come down and pick them up did not happen you want the money 25% non refundable youndont pay your shipping you don't get the animals super simple I'm not giving anything away for free I already did that when you were getting them both for 70 just because you have bills coming up does not mean you get to bone me sorry the animals are still here and I even gave you my shipping discount 26$ try and beat it but that ship has saled
There are other issues, that could be addressed, but, for now, I will address two.

1. Unless you have a TOS that is available for public viewing (which it appears you do not), which states that there is a 25% non-refundable fee, OR unless you told the customer, prior to payment, that there is a non-refundable fee you are not entitled to keep 25% of the customer's payment. You must refund in full.

2. Live animals should always be shipped via overnight shipping (next day delivery). Never ship any live animals via 2 day or longer!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #75
Guy Castro
Quote:
1) Just send the money back and be done with the person.I can"t stand dealing with customers like that either.
2) Take a punctuation class ASAP!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #76
leftycrane
Defending yourself would be a whole lot easier if you returned the money. Your one and only post here isn't doing your defense any justice.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #77
Mistyck
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
There are other issues, that could be addressed, but, for now, I will address two.

1. Unless you have a TOS that is available for public viewing (which it appears you do not), which states that there is a 25% non-refundable fee, OR unless you told the customer, prior to payment, that there is a non-refundable fee you are not entitled to keep 25% of the customer's payment. You must refund in full.

2. Live animals should always be shipped via overnight shipping (next day delivery). Never ship any live animals via 2 day or longer!

And to add another: You type as if you are a teenager. Even your text messages look as though an underage person wrote them. If you want to do any business in the real world, then you need to learn to speak and write like an adult.

Refund the OP all her money and be done with this transaction. You're only succeeding in making yourself look bad as well by only responding once, and then saying that she's not entitled to a full refund due to some stupid thing about non-refundable deposit; which you can't prove that you told her about or even have a TOS for. It would just be in your best interest to give a full refund and walk away instead of doing what you said.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #78
Billy1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
And to add another: You type as if you are a teenager. Even your text messages look as though an underage person wrote them. If you want to do any business in the real world, then you need to learn to speak and write like an adult.

Refund the OP all her money and be done with this transaction. You're only succeeding in making yourself look bad as well by only responding once, and then saying that she's not entitled to a full refund due to some stupid thing about non-refundable deposit; which you can't prove that you told her about or even have a TOS for. It would just be in your best interest to give a full refund and walk away instead of doing what you said.
Yes! I agree with all this. I was finding myself more sympathetic toward Seth in this circumstance until his adolescent posting. There still is an unanswered question of where the $70 is. Seth, you felt it was appropriate to keep her money because she changed her mind? (Albeit for odd reasons).

I have been so thrilled to be a part of this site. As I'm now buying and selling online this boi has been a priceless resource for me. Thanks so much.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #79
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post

Aren't the "non refundable deposits" for payment plans or to hold the animal? They paid in full up front, I don't see how a deposit applies here. Maybe someone else can clarify for me. I know some breeders have a percentage they keep for a restocking fee but that's when the animal was actually sent out and returned, nothing took place here from what I can see, and as everyone else's says no TOS. In my opinion he needs to refund the entire amount.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #80
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Aren't the "non refundable deposits" for payment plans or to hold the animal? They paid in full up front, I don't see how a deposit applies here. Maybe someone else can clarify for me. I know some breeders have a percentage they keep for a restocking fee but that's when the animal was actually sent out and returned, nothing took place here from what I can see, and as everyone else's says no TOS. In my opinion he needs to refund the entire amount.
You are correct, for the most part. If he wanted, he could say; "Well I did have other people interested in these geckos, so because I held them for this person to come pick up I missed out on a sale. So I am going to keep 25% of the money she paid for the geckos, but never took possession of, because I missed on selling them for the same amount or more."

In this case it would just be the smart move to give all the money back and move on with things. He's causing more damage than it's worth over $17.50 (if he wants to get technical.) As I see it, it's a dumb move.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!