Need Some Advise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
dragonflyreptiles
Need Some Advise

Well after paying a moderate amount to have photos edited and my website renovated I got nothing.

So while talking to or really complaining to Paul Sage he did my photos within no time at all while we were on the phone, (I have dial up) so I get back online and did a total redo on my site.

A lot of pages are still missing information:
Available (nothing for sale yet)
Breeders (Still need to get good pics)
Help Section (The entire page has to be completed but the topics are there)

So I just want to know, with all the work I am putting in and that taking time from my children and my little bitty sleep cycle if there is anything you think needs to be addressed before I do the rest of the work.....

Be honest, you cannot hurt my feelings, well you can lol but not about my site, I want it to be:

Easy to read
Easy to understand
Easy to Navigate
And Informative

and so so much more....

Old 04-23-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I will happily give my honest opinion, and try not to be too harsh.

- Not digging the green, it's too bright. If you want the green, I would shoot for the dark green seen in the Quick Reply bar here on Fauna.

- The counter looks pretty unprofessional (specifically with the advertisment beneath) and doesn't go match the rest of your design. I use http://www.statcounter.com for my counters.

- The BOI cert looks out of place and really doesn't need to be on every page

- The typography (text) on the Terms & Help pages is very distracting. It seems simply thrown onto the page and doesn't have any unity or order (see www.triplemoonsexotic.com/terms.html for a good example of typography for your terms page)

- The yellow on the Links page made me wince, I would stick with one color throughout your pages

I think that about covers out. Love the font by the way (I'm a font junky)!

Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks Steph, I didn't really like the green either but my 6 year old demanded that color lol

The counter matched my old site better, Ive had it so long Id hate to loose all my stats but I think I can change the looks of it.

The GGC is really only there on each page because if I take it off it makes the other pages look lop sided and I have to recenter each page then.

Ill look at my terms page, my vision is not so great so I can't really read yours that well but I can see how you organized them better.

The links page is no longer there, I left that link on a few pages by mistake. I actually added them to the help section to cut down on pages.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Thanks Steph, I didn't really like the green either but my 6 year old demanded that color lol
Think maybe you could sneak a slightly darker one in on him/her?

Quote:
The counter matched my old site better, Ive had it so long Id hate to loose all my stats but I think I can change the looks of it.
You don't have to worry about loseing stats with StarCounter. You can set it to whatever your current stat is and go from there. I don't know how well your current counter is with monitoring stats, but StarCounter gives these really neat graphs and charts on how many hits you have including returning and new IPs.

Quote:
Ill look at my terms page, my vision is not so great so I can't really read yours that well but I can see how you organized them better.
What is your screen resolution set at? That's always the bugger about doing web design...People can have completely different color and size settings that make a website not look so great.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Im used to the green now and at least its different than most sites so Im just going to leave that.

I looked at your counter, its invisable and I want it viewable on my site so Im going to play around with their options when I get a chance.

My screen is set at the standard 1024X768.

I just have a hard time reading white on black anything, I have an astigmatism on both eyes but its werid, one corrected does fine the other is a weird amount of correction and its either over or under corrected so I have a hard time reading light colors on dark colors.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I looked at your counter, its invisable and I want it viewable on my site so Im going to play around with their options when I get a chance.
Yes, the only two websites I have my counter visible on is triplemoonsexotic.com and triplemoonsdesign.com. TME has the counter only visible on the home page, while TMD has the counter visible on every page. It can be set to be invisible on ALL pages, set to be only visible on select pages, or set to be visibile on ALL pages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!