Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #161
tommyhil4_6
Also, If anyone hasn't noticed... I'm attempting to bring a more positive feel to this thread after all the negativity. Now all we can do is wait on the updates that will transpire in the future.

The sun is shining and sometimes looking at the cup "half full" vs. "half empty" is needed to make your day a little brighter.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #162
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhil4_6 View Post

Instead of gambling on one photo, why not ask for more? Logic escapes me honestly, but then again even as Sarah stated, for a 150 something dollars that's a great deal on that boa, even given the fact it wasn't a direct representation.
Hmmm, maybe because it is slimy fraud if a photo is a deliberate misrepresentation, and irresponsible of the seller to post a photo that even if not deliberate, appears substantially different than the real thing.

100 years ago, caveat emptor was the rule. Now we expect sellers to tell the truth, not have them play mind games, demanding that we police their photo skills.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #163
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Hmmm, maybe because it is slimy fraud if a photo is a deliberate misrepresentation, and irresponsible of the seller to post a photo that even if not deliberate, appears substantially different than the real thing.

100 years ago, caveat emptor was the rule. Now we expect sellers to tell the truth, not have them play mind games, demanding that we police their photo skills.
Well, negligence is always bliss Lucille. "I thought" means squat. "I know" means something.

For anyone to tell me they believe most "professional" photos are true depictions of whatever object (be it an animal, monument or supermodel)... I have some air to sell them.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #164
tommyhil4_6
Last post here:

As an example. SAME camera, both with flash. Same ROOM. No light box nothing. Only difference would be the white background vs the brown/hand of my floor.

Would you say these are "Misrepresentations" the animal. These are of my male Leo 66% het lipstick. Different Days I believe.

Which is more true to the visual animal YOUR EYE WILL perceive?

That's why I say, never trust "photos" not in several positions/lighting taken THAT day.

Natural + incandescent/fluorescent.

You can NEVER be certain. That's all I am saying here. :-). Back on topic at this point! Good luck Jendee.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #165
meowmeowkazoo
Putting "professional" in quotes doesn't change the fact that if you're selling a product, the photos should be an accurate representation of that product. It's a good tip to ask for more photos, but it shouldn't be on the buyer's shoulders to do that. If you are using photos to sell a product, crucial aspects of that product shouldn't be exaggerated.

It's all well and good that your high dollar purchases have been worthwhile, but does that mean that a person shouldn't expect accurate representation of the animal from Manny unless they are spending upwards of 1K on it?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #166
perfectpredators
Apology Statement

I would like to publically apologize for my recent unprofessional behavior. Jendee and I had what apparently was a massive misunderstanding. I let my temper get the better of me. For that and my harmful impulsive words, I apologize. I have sent Jendee’s Square Tail male to my Veterinarian for a clean bill of health and he will forward him to Jenee directly at the earliest opportunity. No more finger pointing or commentary will be posted from me regarding this issue in the future. I want my behavior going forward to reflect the positive image I have worked so many years to build as a Reptile Professional. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Manny Frade

Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #167
tommyhil4_6
Manny Frade
Apology Statement:

I would like to publically apologize for my recent unprofessional behavior. Jendee and I had what apparently was a massive misunderstanding. I let my temper get the better of me. For that and my harmful impulsive words, I apologize. I have sent Jendee’s Square Tail male to my Veterinarian for a clean bill of health and he will forward him to Jenee directly at the earliest opportunity. No more finger pointing or commentary will be posted from me regarding this issue in the future. I want my behavior going forward to reflect the positive image I have worked so many years to build as a Reptile Professional. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Manny Frade
Unlike · · Follow Post · 5 minutes ago near Miami, FL
You, Adam Smith, Jesse Barrett and Andrej Švábik like this.

Regardless of your opinion, owning up is a hard thing to do for any of us. Doesn't erase the past, but leads to better future. Alright, now i'm truly done on this topic. Good luck to all involved.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #168
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectpredators View Post

Sincerely,

Manny Frade
Since it'd appear that someone managed to coax 'reasonable' manny into making an appearance, maybe he'd like to address what seems to be a more recent point of contention. Care to comment on the sentence from the following screenshot that I've underlined in red? Despite the possibility that the KWB is gravid to her squaretail, it could be taken as saying she won't be getting anything out of it, no matter what. Is that the case?
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #169
KORBIN5895
Manny this isn't about a misunderstanding anymore. This is about your blatant lies and we would like for you to actually man up and set your lies straight.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #170
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhil4_6 View Post
I have some air to sell them.
After reading this thread, people aren't even going to buy air from you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!