F2 Dunners! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
dden
They were first produced, last year, from my Blood Dragon bloodline, purely by accident (as is the case with all genitic abnormalities).

Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
dden
That should say "genetic" abnormalities! We need an "edit" feature on this site!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
DNA Dragons
Sandfire Dragon Ranch claims to have produced the original animal from their lines. Nice animals though. Glad to see some of your dunners made it.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
Jela's Phat Phibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Dragons View Post
Sandfire Dragon Ranch claims to have produced the original animal from their lines. Nice animals though. Glad to see some of your dunners made it.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
Jela's Phat Phibs
If my memory serves me correct, I believe that Steven (BloodBank Dragons) was the first to produce F2's and had them available in May of this year. The offspring were possible hets for hypo.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=247556

Then in July, CJ (DNA Dragons) produced the first Hypo Dunners as well as the first double hets (hypo & trans).

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=271027

Then, just last month, Steven produced the first Hypo Leather and Leather Dunners. His are 6 1/2 weeks old at the moment.

Just wanting to give credit where credit is due...

Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlriech View Post
im new in here and i have seen people showing there dunners and not sure what breeds they are made up of but they look awsome and if im paying that much money for one i would like to know thanks for anyone who can explain it to me
Hi Carl,

I believe we have spoke before. A dunner is a mutation, not a combination of two mutations. It started with one single animal with a glitch in it's DNA that made it look different (striping of tail, odd scalation), and from there, the same differences passed onto it's offspring. It is a proven-dominate mutation.

CJ

Old 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
carlriech
yes thank you for the info and cj i beleived i asked you but didnt understand fully and then i ran across this site and seen some more pics and was trying to find a little more out about them its alot of money for me to try and get a dunner but i dont want to spend that much on one if next year they are a whole lot cheaper and hopeing the breeders out there are not inbreeding these dragons and asking that type of money but thatnks for the info it was helpful and maybe looking to buy one in the near future

Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
dden
Quote:
That was incorredtly posted on a foreign website. Sandfire does not even have a single one. They were first produced at my facility in 2010 from my Blood Dragon line. That's why Steven named them after me. Actually, I think it's a silly name...wish my last name was "Stripe" instead of Dunne, then he would have called them "Stripers"! There were several dunners in each of 2 clutches produced that year. I sold a group of them to Bloodbank that same year and I think Steven was the first to produce the 2nd generation dunners...

Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #19
dden
Quote:
Hi Carl,

I believe we have spoke before. A dunner is a mutation, not a combination of two mutations. It started with one single animal with a glitch in it's DNA that made it look different (striping of tail, odd scalation), and from there, the same differences passed onto it's offspring. It is a proven-dominate mutation.

CJ
CJ is partially right: It is not the result of any type of selective breeding...I just got lucky. But it was not just a single animal that was produced...it was several in the first clutch and several more in the next clutch...neither parent showed the trait.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by dden View Post
wish my last name was "Stripe" instead of Dunne, then he would have called them "Stripers"! There were several dunners in each of 2 clutches produced that year.
I missed this last night. That's funny. I always liked "striped trait" but that does not fully describe the morph. Obviously "dunner" describes very little but you have to admit, we have much more than a stripe here.

Can't wait to see more pics when they get bigger Kevin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!