Your LOVE life and your Reptiles.... Poll!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: To love or not to love?
Does your significant other dislikes and does not tolerate your reptiles? 2 2.00%
Do you think at some point your significant other will make you choose between him/her and your reptiles? 6 6.00%
Does your significant other tolerate them, but care less about them? 39 39.00%
Does your significant other enjoy your reptiles? 12 12.00%
Does your Significant other likes your reptiles and helps you with feeding and cleaning? 10 10.00%
Or is your significant other is a reptile freak just like you? 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #61
Bluzmn59
My wife is a veterinarian and helps out, loves them and likes attending reptile shows with me. I would have to say I am the freak and driving force in our little reptile world, though.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #62
Leighanne
Well I have been with my significant other for five years this October. Ever since I was 17. Heres our background. I always lived on some form of Farm until my Parents split then there was the City. We had a Garden I ALWAYS helped with. I was always quit the Tom boy. A barn full of Cats and an outside Dog or two. We would take family trips to West Virginia and there were Cougars to watch out for, swimming holes, Bears, Deer (an my Moms name is Bambi, lol) and Pony's to ride and really big Piggies and Horses. I got my picture tooken with a Bear once and always loved the Circus and the Fairs and any Farms as a child.

The first Exotic I ever held as a child was a Snake, second a Rose hair. I was never slick or quick enough to catch our Gardner Snakes but had friends with Snakes. As I got older I held a friends Ball and was obsessed then I got to meet my real Dad and he had everything. Many Kings, a Corn, Ferrets a Turtle, a Ball. I was in heaven. I always asked my Mom for one and she always said no. I had a Puppy Mut as a Pet, plenty of Cats and Kittens and a few Hamsters my Mom always wanted me to get into but I never liked Hamsters. Ugh. My Adopted Dad the one I was raised with had a fish fetish. We had many Betta's and many Molly's and they Breed the Molly's a couple of times, then he got into Oscars. I never cared much for fresh water fish, but my Mom was always jealous her Betta's would die and mine never died! MY Dad was a Truck driver so only home on the weekends and My Mom, myself and my little Sister would always venture to any and every Pet Store to look. It was fun and torture at the same time.

JeffRye had one Cat and a Gerbil and some Betta's. He could of had more but never did. I don't know why. When I was a child I used to want to work with animals and was told it would never happen and had given up hope of this dream. When I meet my Jeff Rye he brought me and my dream back. I owe this man a lot! So after our first year together we started Researching the Snake I wanted. Figured on a Corn Snake and he said he had absolutely no problems. I am jealous he had a friend with some very large Boas. Jeff even put the tank on lay a way for me for Christmas one year but we couldn't ever make it happen for financial reasons until last year March 13th.

We got Income Tax and I asked the Landlord if it was kool with her a few weeks back and she said yes. So I was with my Mom and my little Sis Val at a Pet Store and they got Val to buy a Bunny they said would be Anaconda food. Yeah right, but she is gullible and I laid eyes on Jake and he was mine! All those years of my Mother saying no Snakes, I hate Snakes and she held Jake at the Pet Store and sat there with me and watched him eat. Jeff had NO clue I had bought him. I came home with Jake and he was in love.

From there a month later he brought home Gex. He bought him while I was at work and stopped in for some supplies with him and then I fell in love. When it came to Jeff Rye talking about wanting a Tarantula or a Scorpion he did the respectful thing. He told me of his interest, we looked them up together and he waited two months for my answer, respectfully which I love him for. See I had held the Rosie and loved Spiders after that, until one day there was a Black Widow in our Garden and my Mom gave me the big deadly schpeel. I was a kid and everybody else was scared for the rest of my life I was a girlie scared, bug hating, killing typical person.

After Jake and with Research I figured out I was brain washed. I loved that Rosie I had held, she never bite me and that its not fair to hold your Spouse back from something that would bring him much joy. So the agreement was make sure its locked down and go a head. Jeff smiled SO big when we bought Ermac and on day one I was already baby talking her.

A year later with all of our Herps and come to learn what we like. Both like Leopard Geckos. Jeff wants tons of T's and thats fine with me, and I prefer Snakes and it will be big Snakes someday. We came here together and hopefully we'll always stay together. Our Critters come first. If we ever break up his Spiders stay and I wouldn't date a man that didn't love my Critters and no side lines. I've already been spoiled. You hold, help feed and clean or hit the door I have no time for you. Jeff always teases me about being able to find another real man that can deal with my large Snake fetish and I tease him about finding a girl that will clean, feed, hold and baby talk his Spiders. Some one with the education to. I don't know but I do know I've got it good, hes got it good and I think were perfect for eachother! He needs a little work but hes young.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!