Bad Guy Nick Lillis - Page 28 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #271
Chris Kennard
I see fresno is viewing. What a coincidence!

Old 06-15-2017, 01:01 AM   #272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Take your time. I know it's a tough call for you, or whoever sent you here.
Let me consult with those who sent me here and I'll get back to you.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #273
Quote:
I see fresno is viewing. What a coincidence!
Is he one of my fellow minions?

Old 06-15-2017, 01:03 AM   #274
AbsoluteApril
Has everyone forgotten what the topic of this thread is? Take the back and forth to PMs please! This is not the place for it.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:02 AM   #275
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremVipereXotics View Post
I honestly am not fully updated on this thread since I made an agreement with Traci on this forum. This will be my last post here and its simply to update everyone on what happened. Around 3 o clock today I received a phone call from Traci Ann. This is the first time talking not over messenger or the texts from saturday night. Her first words were "I owe you a sincere apology I received the results back from the vet and they tested NEGATIVE FOR CRYPTO that the monkey tails were just underweight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
My understanding of crypto testing is that it is only done at 2 labs currently and in the vet documents it doesn't show any charges for testing to be performed at either lab. Also the testing takes time, like a week, seems like the results were given very quickly. I send samples to one of the 2 labs every 6 months to a year depending on how many new critters I've taken in if any and I've never gotten results in under a week.
Nick has said, above, that Traci called him with test results. Of course my previous counsel against phone calls went unheeded, so there is no proving what was actually said in this call.

So, again, other than attempting to take the heat off of herself for posting about it in the first place, if it is true that Traci called with these results, how could Traci proclaim a definitive 'negative' result for crypto after a few days, and and when the vet paperwork does not mention it at all?

Old 06-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #276
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
My understanding of crypto testing is that it is only done at 2 labs currently and in the vet documents it doesn't show any charges for testing to be performed at either lab. Also the testing takes time, like a week, seems like the results were given very quickly. I send samples to one of the 2 labs every 6 months to a year depending on how many new critters I've taken in if any and I've never gotten results in under a week.
This is probably for PCR testing, the alternative is by testing via a direct fecal exam under a microscope using an appropriate staining procedure. (see for example http://www.ukneqasmicro.org.uk/paras...fied_Ziehl.pdf). The direct exam could be read in the vet's office if they have the proper materials the same day but current veterinary standards would not declare a reptile clear on the basis of one or two fecal exams as the parasite tends to be shed intermittently and requires a lengthy surveillance program that is well outside of the current time frame.

The PCR test can give one sufficient confidence to declare an animal clear of the parasite (false negative runs somewhere between 1-3%) but most labs that do PCR testing need sufficient samples to make it cost effective to run the test which is why there is the lag noted by Julia unless they got lucky and were included in an earlier batch but as noted, there isn't any charge indicating a specific test was run. A general fecal is usually just a fecal via a float (which concentrates various parasite ova but is not a good method for cryptosporidium testing) as a general fecal exam.

As a reference, here is an example of the possible tests from a lab specializing in this sort of testing and as each individual test has its own cost you can see why the general cost in the vet receipts doesn't supply proof of cryptosporidium testing http://www.vetdna.com/test-type/reptiles.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #277
gracie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Has everyone forgotten what the topic of this thread is? Take the back and forth to PMs please! This is not the place for it.
Exactly this.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #278
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
but current veterinary standards would not declare a reptile clear on the basis of one or two fecal exams as the parasite tends to be shed intermittently and requires a lengthy surveillance program that is well outside of the current time frame.

If one looks at the invoice for the 12th and reads across, there is a charge for postage that appears to be at least $45, because there is no decimal point seen. So perhaps something was sent off for testing. Could it be a crypto test? I don't know. It would have been easy to include more information, and the vet's findings, but that wasn't done.

But even with propitious timing, it seems that sending samples off on the 12th and getting them back in time for Nick to post that Traci had told him the test came back negative on his post on the 13th (post 206) is a bit of a stretch, and if current vet standards do not permit a definite negative in this time frame, I'm of the opinion that absent further confirmation, this negative finding may have simply been an invention by one or the other parties communicating.

If I was Nick, I'd be asking for all of the vet paperwork and trying to post something that readers wouldn't have to guess about.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:47 PM   #279
Skyefoxx
Quote:
But even with propitious timing, it seems that sending samples off on the 12th and getting them back in time for Nick to post that Traci had told him the test came back negative on his post on the 13th (post 206) is a bit of a stretch, and if current vet standards do not permit a definite negative in this time frame, I'm of the opinion that absent further confirmation, this negative finding may have simply been an invention by one or the other parties communicating.
While I'm not familiar with the way crypto labs work (I work at a cat clinic), most labs at a vet clinic will be done by the next day. Since it sounds like crypto takes a little while to diagnose accurately, I assume the lab that went out is likely either blood work or a fecal. So I assume it was A lab that came back negative but not for the disease in question.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #280
Lucille
Quote:
Are you? Does Nick not have the "respectful" right to know that you are forwarding the, as of yet, unfounded claim that he is spreading Crypto into the reptile community? Unless you have facts to support this "rumor", and knowing how damaging that can be to anyone's reputation, shame on you! If you were so concerned about it, why didn't you post your thoughts here? Dont bother answering that. I get it. Trust me.
From one of Linda's emails to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzer Reptiles Inc.
You did not seem interested in finding out the truth. If you change your mind and want me to forward what she said, please email me back. No hard feelings just that I wanted the truth however it comes.
Linda, one of the first things I said to you when you sent me your emails was to ask you to post the facts and evidence. How is that not wanting to get at the truth?
As far as finding the truth however it comes, the questions arising from the posting of the lab results will hopefully find some interesting truths. It took me a while to think through the 'negative' announcement and realize that the time frames seemed to be wrong, and ask others for help.
If you are interested in following these issues wherever they go, you could certainly help by asking and answering questions here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!