Clark Tucker, Nicole Tucker, and Jackie Tucker of Clark's Geckos- BAD GUYS!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #11
Crested Lady
Shrap- As I said in my previous post, I'm glad the BOI worked and that I posted. They have agreed to refund my money and that's fine with me. You are entitled to your opinion, but it was not your reputation on the line. Far from being vindictive, I just want to put this behind me. As you can see in my e-mails, I never wanted to bring this to the BOI in the first place, but that's what it took to get my money as the Tucker's would not have done the right thing otherwise. I take my reputation very seriously and while I appreciate your point of view on the ingredient change (however minor it may seem to you) and the attempted cover-up that went along with it, at the end of the day it was my reputation and credibility on the line and it is my right to pull any product I do not deem fit for my site. It is easy for you to arm chair quarterback, but I respect your right to an opinion.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
shrap
Sarah,

I said I completely understood you not wanting to work with the product any longer. That is a decision everyone would need to make for themselves and there is no right or wrong decision there. I also said you were entitled to a refund due to the ingredient change.

But I felt that for you to keep harping on the product change in a negative light was not doing you any favors strictly because I dont see how the ingredients changed was making the product inferior in any way. That is the aspect where I say it looked like getting a refund was not enough for you. Not because you didnt want to buy or support the product any longer.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Sarah,

I can understand you not wanting the product any longer, but I do think you are making a mountain out of a molehill as far as the ingredient change. Blowing the situation completely out of proportion considering the two ingredients we are talking about.

You are getting your refund so be happy. It seems at this point you are wanting to hurt someone's reputation and not just get a refund. I for one think you are being petty and vindictive by trying to hurt someones reputation even though you are getting your refund.

Clark did the right thing by refunding you your money, now why dont you try doing the right thing and graciously accept it. Otherwise it is going to reflect poorly on you.

I agree 100% Sammy

Old 09-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #14
Gexx
I take exception to this:"Now, keep in mind that this product was for our personal use when formulated. After about 2 months we had such great results using it we sent a few samples to a couple of friends."

Seeing as at that point you speak of, I was basically helping you develop the diet from it's inception, I know for a fact the goal was to put a product out there to compete with the Repashy formulas. And my counsil to take your time and not release it so soon is now backfiring on you. There have been many, many different recipes, one of which I had terrible results with.

Thats all for me though, I dont want to open up old wounds, I will no longer be rearing my ugly head in here again. I just felt a need to provide some few facts that I have at my disposal. No offense to any parties involved.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #15
Monte
I think I'll stick with Allen's formula, thank you...

Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #16
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
I think I'll stick with Allen's formula, thank you...
And you felt the need to interject someone and their product that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread into this thread... why?

Old 09-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
kmurphy
I agree with Sammy. Sarah you didn't need to say what you did about Clark's diet in order to "save your reputation". All you needed to do was discontinue marketing the product.

I have a question for you. Did you have any Clark's diet in inventory after you found out that the formula changed from time to time? If so, did you sell it or throw it away?

And Gexx, what was that post for. Nobody likes an "I told you so".

Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #18
Randal Berry
Sarah,
I noticed on your website, (which is nice btw) on your caresheet links, you still reccomend Clarks diet.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #19
Power House Reptiles
Hi all,
We looked in every store we passed in Montgomery yesterday and could not find Gerber Mixed Fruit or Apple Cherry Little Flakes. I even had a friend try to find a box where he lived but, no luck. Anyways I will be sending the diet made with Apple Cherry to Auburn University Tomorrow, September 25, 2006. As soon as the analysis is back I will scan and post it here and on our website.

Thank you,
Nicole & Clark Tucker @clarksgeckos

Old 09-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #20
Mokele
Is re-analysis really necessary?

I mean, if you know the nutritional values of the original ingredient, the nutritional values of the original final product, the nutritional values of the replacement ingredient and the % of the final product's mass from the replaced ingredient, you can calculate the new values as follows:

New final product nut. value = (old final product nut. value)x(1-A) + (A)x(replacement ingredient nut. value - original ingredient nut. value)

where x is the decimal proportion of the final product's mass that is the replaced ingredient (x = .33 if the Gerber flakes were 1/3rd of the final product).

Of course, if it's cooked, dehydrated or otherwise processed, things get more complicated, and it's probably best to get it re-done at the lab, but if it's just a case of mixing all the ingredients, it's simple algebra. 10 minutes in an Excel spreadsheet should do it.

Henry Astley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!