Rodent feed question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 AM   #11
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALMIKEMOORE
Not really its pretty easy to open..if you can see it in the picture their are individual sides to the cage and they come right off..it works great for me thats all it matters..
Trust me.....after the umpteenth time you poke your finger on that wire, you may think differently, lol. I would be very concerned with the pokey wires sticking out injuring eyes on the rodents as well.

One idea you may want to look into are hanging suet feeders. They are very similar to the idea I think you're going for, but have no sharp edges or "pokey" wires, and have a very easy-opening door. I've seen the wire gauge and openings on these in different sizes, but here's a quick link to see what I'm talking about. (look at the very top left pic)

http://www.birdsforever.com/suetfeed.html

Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #12
THEREALMIKEMOORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Trust me.....after the umpteenth time you poke your finger on that wire, you may think differently, lol. I would be very concerned with the pokey wires sticking out injuring eyes on the rodents as well.

One idea you may want to look into are hanging suet feeders. They are very similar to the idea I think you're going for, but have no sharp edges or "pokey" wires, and have a very easy-opening door. I've seen the wire gauge and openings on these in different sizes, but here's a quick link to see what I'm talking about. (look at the very top left pic)

http://www.birdsforever.com/suetfeed.html
Oh those pics i took was just the pictures right after i made it. I notice their were some sharp edges so i cut those down/off and bend some of them so their would be curved edges. So far they are working good for me..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!