AP Economy Plastic Rack - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
SPJ
AP Economy Plastic Rack

I am thinking of picking up one of these instead of the regular AP racks but want to find out how hard it is to keep warm and hopefully see what it looks like set up and in use.
If you have this rack, please post a pic of it.
Also, I am thinking of getting it with the 4 inch flexwatt belly heat option instead of the heat cable. If you have the heat tape instead of the cable, let me know how that works.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
bsharrah
Here is a previous thread about these: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...onomy+plastics

I really like mine and ordered it without heat, then ran 4" flexwat across the back for belly heat. Three things I like about them: 1. lower cost, 2. exposed sides and back allow more light from the room in, providing a photo period typically lacking in racks, and 3. equal temps in all tubs as opposed to the upper levels getting hotter due to the heat rising and building up in the enclosed space. For terrestrial snakes, I would take these over the standard racks anyday.

The construction is just as solid as with their other racks. Obviously, these would not be as effecient to heat as more enclosed racks but mine heat just fine with 4" flexwatt.

Bart

Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
Mike P.
Here is a couple pics of a 1756(6) I used to have - The only thing I did not like about it was that the heat cable was too close to the end of the tub, or just about ran under the end of the tub - I believe they call that "Indirect" belly heat - I lost most of my heat out of the back of the rack...

My fix was to enclose the back with 3/4" foam board to trap the heat towards the back of the tubs - If I had to do it over again, I would go for the flexwatt belly heat, but I don't recall that being an option at that time

The snakes did well in it though, however I than went with vision racks...

Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
GREGORY J HALL
here is mine I love it!

I have cable heat that comes with it works great!!

Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Is their an alternate e-mail addy for AP? The one listed on their web site bounces?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Is their an alternate e-mail addy for AP? The one listed on their web site bounces?
This is the one that i have been talking to them through
apcages@wantapet.com

Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
That's the e-mail on their web site and that's the one that's bounced for me twice?

Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
That's the e-mail on their web site and that's the one that's bounced for me twice?

It may be their email service providers then. Works just fine for me, i have gmail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!