How do you personally sex your dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
sjsexotics
How do you personally sex your dragons

hi I am well Pis## right now if oyu want the long story just ask no problem telling but to make it short and to the point.
I had a lady coem over to trade a draogn with me telling me it was female actually yelling at me it was female.... I visually sex my dragons two bumps up the tail pointy head boy one big bump in the middle rounder head ( mostly ) girl.

this lady was puching and pushing trying to get a humi peni out the poor dragon then since nothing came out said its a girl and I was so post to take her word for it

the dragon has a super triagular head very pointy was so post to be a year old and was 12 inches and had two bumps one on each side of the tail and missing a foot a normal thing when two males are fighting

so as a breeder or dragon lover do you try to pop beardeds I have never heard of this before and do you probe ??I thought everyone did mostly visualy on an older dragon and also am I wrong to refuse

Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
angie.h
I never try to pop or probe...visual like you said...some more obvious than others...poor dragon,and very small for it's age.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Ed Clark
You dont need to probe or pop a dragon, bend the tail back and have a look will do on almost all of them.

I took this pic for you Sheena, its a girl.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
sjsexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
I never try to pop or probe...visual like you said...some more obvious than others...poor dragon,and very small for it's age.
thanks and I agree very small

so long story if any one cares:
I had an add on craigs list for a tank I wanted to sell was asking 75 or trade for adult female bearded dragon.... so I had a woman call me and said she wanted it. then said she was from a rescue and needed it really bad. So I told her she could come right down and get it it was 8 feet tall and very big. then she calls backand asks if I am willing to trade for a red tail. I said no just cash or female dragons. she told me she had a nice baby dragon with good colors but did not know the sex I said no thanks only adults then said ok she had a orange female she would trade me but she really loved it. she came and acted sad toleave the dragon so I told her to just pay the cash. no they said they needed the cage more then the dragon. so I take the dragon ( though they told me they do not believe in calcium they feed pinkies the natural calcuim) and she was healthy ate well and we doing well even breed with my male. the next week she calls says her mother found out she sold it ( she is an adult and married) and was very pissed and she has to get her back and wanted to give me a 40 gallon tank and supplies and haveme give her the draogn back I said no I did not need the supplies I would take 50 cash or if she could get me another female adult dragon. well I guess she took that as she was going to search for a female dragon and called me tyhe next day to tell me she had a female dragon for me and that she got her off craigs list. I said ok and she came straight over. as soon as I saw the dragon it was tiny 12 to 14 inches max. and was so post to be a year old. I then noticed that its whole footwas missing ( not a big deal to me ) then I checked it's sex and it had two bulges on each side a very triangle head. it did not turn its beard black when I put it with my malesso she told me it was a female for sure but I said no I really felt it was a male and I just could not take in another male and that i was really sorry she got very mad and triedto pop the himi penis out and saidsee there is non, I said that was fine but I was not interested in the dragon. so she told me I was irrational and that i ship reptile illegally ( I am certified plus you dont need to be through ship your reptile) She said my animals all had issues and I should be happy ( most of my animals are rescues so yes they do have missing parts. but ya i had a bad day and hope they forget were i live maybe i should move sad cause I thought I would have a new reptile friend in my area

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!