Daytona....Whaddya Say? (*Road Trip* and Convention Planning Center) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
ms_terese
Daytona....Whaddya Say? (*Road Trip* and Convention Planning Center)

OK, guys & gals, it's the biggest show of the year, and the perfect time for a Fauna group get together. Perfect time for photo ops, and for Rich to make some of the long awaited Fauna merchandise available.

All we need is a time and place....

What say ye, peeps?

Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
PaulSage
How about my house? That way I don't have to drive so far. Oh wait... that doesn't quite work out so well for the rest of you. Darn.
Um, when is Daytona?

Old 07-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
reptilemama
I really wish I could go, but I'm broke, as usual. But I bet I could afford the drive to Paul's house. I know, we'll have a midwesterners Fauna party! Anyone else in?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
Lucille
Shannon, we're all broke, lol. The way many people actually find a way to attend, is to drive in and share expenses.

If'n it's OK by Ms. Terese (on account of she started the thread) what do y'all think of making this the **Official Road Trip Bulletin Board and general planning center** for those who can't afford to attend on their own but might be able to, if a group got together and shared expenses?

Ms. Terese, what do you think?

Old 07-25-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
ms_terese
Outstanding idea, Lucille! Go for it!

Old 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
Lucille
I do not have any fancy computer skills or I would set up a center where we could have different areas of the country and people could begin from there. Computer geeks are welcome to pitch in if you can organize something better.

But I think it will work here just on the thread, so if you need a ride or have a ride, just list:

Where you are; be particular as to the town or area rather than mentioning just a state.

Whether you are a rider or a ride

If you are a ride, how many spaces you have

If you are far enough away so that an overnight stay is needed, perhaps a general estimate of gas/hotel costs

And either split costs for a cooler full of victuals or everyone responsible for feeding himself, because some people on road trips like meals and others can survive on Twinkies.

The final details can be completed by private email.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Lucille
Possible ways to get to the convention economically:

Arrange for a ride, above.

Look into Greyhound bus tickets, they are usually pretty cheap, and post here to see if someone from Fauna would be willing to pick you up from the Daytona bus station if they have one and bring you to the convention.

Look into sharing rooms, the above link has hotels and prices. BTW you do not have to eat at the hotel, there are always less expensive alternatives in the area.

See about standby airline costs.

I am hoping that everyone who wants to attend can attend, and that the above ideas help if you are on a budget.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #9
Sasheena
I would go, but there's no way we could drive there, and no way we could afford to fly there. We start school on the 10th so we're already back at work. I'll just look here to see what everyone else does and loook forward to the PICTURES!

The ONE thing I would look forward (okay, mabye two things) ... would be a pair of Amazon Tree Boas and also maybe a male Apalachicola king. Wish I could go so I could find those. But alas, I am stuck just going to the local herp show in AZ this September. (Hubby and I are going to make it a night away and enjoy ourselves)

Old 08-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
ms_terese
*tsk*tsk*

Here we are, 11 days out, and nothing.

No plans for a Fauna lunch, Fauna drink, Fauna photo op, nothing.

People, people, PEOPLE!!! Where is your spirit? Where is the sense of comraderie? Where is the basic need to find someone to have a beer with that you might only get to see face to face ONCE?

Let's try this again:

For those planning on going:
1) When will you be there?
2) When could you meet?
3) What are you planning on wearing?
4) Why are you afraid of face to face communication?

For those that could conceivably go if they could share expenses:
1) Where would you be coming from?
2) Do you A) have a ride but need gas/hotel money, B) have money, need transportation, C) have everything but don't want to offer a ride to anyone because you might seem pathetic, or D) have no money, no wheels, but promise hours of witty banter with someone who could use some company

What are the odds that Rich will have "Hi, my name is _______ and my Fauna name is ______" nametags at his booth?

Please don't make me stalk....the judge was SO out of patience with me the last time...erm....nevermind

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!