Economy Racks from AP - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #31
jpatino
i just placed an order for three of them and was wondering if anyone that already has these could post a pic of them set up. i am trying to get an idea on what to use for a water bowl. also any recommendation on the number of holes to drill in each tube as i want to be set up before they get here.

john patino

Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #32
Phat Tony
I have one of the economy racks from AP. Even though my room is temperature controlled, I still went ahead and put 1" pink foam on the back and sides of the rack to help a little with the heat. They hold heat and humidity great.
I did not use the slots that AP precut for the temperature probe, just went ahead and placed it over the heat cable and taped it in place with foil tape.
these things hold right on where I want them with hot and ambient temps
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #33
Mike P.
So if you are using all 32qt tubs on these racks - I'm assuming the heat runs the length of the tub, rather than the width of the tub, or can you change the heat cable around to heat just the end "Width" ?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #34
Cat_72
There is a routered "slot" that the heat cable fits into at the back of the rack. Unless you have it routered differently, it would not be changeable. The tubs would not slide over the cable properly if it wasn't in the slot.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P.
So if you are using all 32qt tubs on these racks - I'm assuming the heat runs the length of the tub, rather than the width of the tub, or can you change the heat cable around to heat just the end "Width" ?
That is correct, Mike. The cable runs across the back of each shelf, so both sized tubs can be heated. If you look at the rack pictured, toward the back of the top shelf, between the two 15 qt tubs, you can see the channel for the cable. The 32 qt tubs fit in sideways, so the heat goes along the long side.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #36
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
There is a routered "slot" that the heat cable fits into at the back of the rack. Unless you have it routered differently, it would not be changeable. The tubs would not slide over the cable properly if it wasn't in the slot.
Thanks - I e-mailed them, but have not heard back yet - I like the rack but would rather have heat at one end "widthwise of the tub" rather than running the whole length. I'm talking about just using the 32qts in it...

Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #37
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
That is correct, Mike. The cable runs across the back of each shelf, so both sized tubs can be heated. If you look at the rack pictured, toward the back of the top shelf, between the two 15 qt tubs, you can see the channel for the cable. The 32 qt tubs fit in sideways, so the heat goes along the long side.
Thanks - I'm trying to see if they will make a model to accomodate just the 32qt tubs - I need something a little bigger "more tubs", yet lighter - the old back aint what it used to be...

Old 12-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #38
hhmoore
Yeah - I'm waiting on them to finish the 41 qt economy rack. When I asked about them making them, they said that was their next project.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #39
Otter_23
32 quart seems small for adult female ball pythons. Have you tried adults in them yet and what size adults? I keep my 1500 g females in 41 quart.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #40
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Yeah - I'm waiting on them to finish the 41 qt economy rack. When I asked about them making them, they said that was their next project.
I would be interested in the 41 qt as well for the bigger kids...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!