Economy Racks from AP - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #41
hhmoore
I'm actually not even sure how I came to mention the 41qts...I was actually contacting them because I wanted them to make an economy rack for 74 qt tubs. I get distracted, I guess

Old 12-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #42
Mike P.
A copy and paste of my e-mail response from AP in reference to the 32qt only economy rack...

[Add to Address Book]

To:mikepmorphs@comcast.net
Subject:Re: 1754(6) 6/12 Tubs ??
Date:Monday, December 03, 2007 7:15:25 PM
[View Source]
Hi Mike-
Thank you for your inquiry! Yes, you are correct, the heat cable will run the
length of the 32qt tubs in the 1754(6)EP rack. We do make the 1756(6)EP for
use with the 32qt tubs only and they do slide in deep. It is not (yet) listed
on our website as we have not updated it in quite sometime. The price on the
1756(6)EP is also $180.00 w/heat plus $45.00 for shipping. Thanks again, Mike!
Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a good night!

Sincerely,

Ali
Animal Plastics
515-276-7387

---------- Original Message -----------
To: apcages@wantapet.com
Sent: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:59:00 +0000
Subject: 1754(6) 6/12 Tubs ??

> Hi - I had a question on this rack - It appears that the belly heat
> when using just 32qt tubs would be running the length of the tub,
> rather than the width of the tub ?
>
> If so, do you or can you make these racks for just using 32qts with
> belly heat in the back of the tub "widthwise", and the tubs pull out
> from the front of the rack rather than the side ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike P.
------- End of Original Message -------

Old 12-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #43
Mike P.
I ordered one of the 1756(6) models for use with the 32qt tubs - Tubs slide in deep and belly heat runs the width of the tub - Should be here in a few weeks - Already got my tubs from the local Super Target - If I like it, I'll shoot for a 41qt model to replace other racks...

Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #44
Nanci
I recently purchased an Economy Plastic rack for 66 qt Sterilites from AP. This rack wasn't even listed on their website, but they suggested it to me after I e-mailed them inquiring about a rack that would hold larger bins. Communication is a very strong point for AP.

I had a couple glitches, both resolved to my complete satisfaction. The rack was promised to arrive in three-four weeks, but was shipped on the fifth week, and my shipping cost was refunded. I told them they didn't have to do that, and I would pay it back, but they insisted. Hey, they had a ton of orders and got it out as fast as they could. Nothing wrong with that.

The rack arrived and was extremely simple to assemble. It's gorgeous- well-made, beautiful workmanship, pre-drilled with nice recessed holes, lovely rounded shelves- it's just a beautiful piece of furniture.

Unfortunately, the heat cable didn't make it into the box! So they overnighted it, with many apologies. Can't ask for more than that. I think it's just as beneficial to know how a company handles minor problems as to have a flawless transaction. Animal Plastics goes above and beyond to ensure satisfied customers.

I am already dreaming of another one.

Nanci LeVake

Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #45
Mike P.
Got a Pic ?

Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #46
Nanci
Nice, huh??
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #47
Nanci
Actually, I ended up taking the lids off because I was afraid hatchlings could escape through the air holes. Probably not, but I didn't want to lose sleep over it for the next six months. So I have a bunch of one and two year olds in there with no lids on the bins, now. The empty bottom bin is my Florida King's feeding bin.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #48
Mike P.
Looks nice

Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #49
Mike P.
Well after a month of waiting, my rack arrived today - Unfortunately there was a mix-up on processing/manufacturing the rack I had requested - I was sent the 1754(6) model on their website, instead of the 1756(6) model I had ordered...

I contacted them immediately after opening the boxes and seeing that the design was wrong to see If I could ship it back for a refund - Their response was apologetic and sincere - I was told that I could keep the rack I was sent in error "Free of Charge", and that the rack I did in fact order, would be manufactured and sent out within 2 weeks...

Not the response I expected from them, however quite the customer service oriented fix to the problem - Good People

Old 01-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #50
Mike P.
Well here is a pic of the 1756(6) - I would like to have seen the heat cable a little further in as it's near the very end of the tub, which resulted in heat loss - I ended up enclosing the back with some 3/4 insulation board to solve the problem...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!