Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson & The Chameleon Company (Jim Flaherty): Bad guys... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
charm_paradise
Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson & The Chameleon Company (Jim Flaherty): Bad guys...

Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson & The Chameleon Company (Jim Flaherty): Bad guys, wrongly attacking other breeder’s reputations

Dear all,

I am posting to expose recent attacks made by Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson and Jim Flaherty (The Chameleon Company) toward a large number of other Ambilobe F. pardalis breeders. It is my opinion that these needless, unjustified and childish attempts at slander are an explicit example of bad business practices aimed at hurting other breeders in an attempt to line their own pockets. It is my opinion that allowing this type of behavior to continue without addressing their actions would only facilitate many of the problems inherently wrong with the reptile trade and especially those within F. pardalis breeding circles. This post has been reviewed by and prior to being posted approved by Lane Gergley, John Lucas, Dennis and Vincent Wong as those who have taken the brunt of these attacks and games.

I will provide each add and post first and follow with a full description of what each proves including their use of aliases to publicly post slanderous attacks on forums, etc.

Image 1)
The following add was posted on the kingsnake.com Chameleon Classifieds: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=52&de=255200

The text of the add is as follows:

“We are offering our first batch of babies from Anubis bred to select WC females purchased from Reptile Specialties. We have made an official breeding partnership with The Chameleon Company and Matt Jillson, ensuring that all our animals will be nothing but spectacular, honestly represented and needless to say the BEST bloodlines you'll be able to get your hands on.

The guys from these groups are the best of the best and can not be beaten by anything you'll find in any classifieds on the internet outside of what Jim Nozaki has produced. There are definetly "cheap" Ambilobe offspring as well as gimmicks out there but nothing that will make your jaw drop. It has been proven that great parents produce great offspring for breeding future blue bar generations and you can't get better than Anubis. If you've been waiting for the highly sought after blue bar, red bodied Ambilobes to be available your wait is over. Due to the various bloodlines because of the breeding to many different WC females we also have amazing red/yellow bodied males. Needless to say they all are showing deep blue bars. Males are colored up and are rapidly approaching breeding age.

Males are priced at $570.00 plus shipping via paypal. For a slightly lower price we will accept money orders or cash if you are able to pick up in either the Orlando or Los Angeles area.

Check out www.mythicalchameleons.com or contact mattjillson1@hotmail.com if you live in the West Coast. The link below is of Anubis, the sire of these magnificent males.

Thanks for looking.

Ivan, Divy, Jim and Matt
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=164919”

Image 2)
The following add was the posted immediately following the previous: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=52&de=255200

The text of the add is as follows:

“Been dying to get your hands on high end blue bar Ambilobe females? Well, we've got them and sired from the best Ambilobe imported from Madagascar: Anubis. Breeding sized females now available in related pairs ONLY. Finding a good Ambilobe male is tough but finding high end females with proven lineage is like finding a needle in a haystack. These are not females produced by a "fruity" male or sold by someone who didn't breed them personally.

These pairs have been raised in the Florida sun in an operation that has been hurricane tested and proven to stand up to anything that is thrown at it. The link below is a pic of Anubis in some of his glory. The pics above are 2 of the females available and one of their brothers so you can see their lineage.

Asking $1200 per pair plus shipping. Paypal, Money Order or cash accepted. Local orders in Orlando or Los Angeles can be arranged.

Visit us at www.mythicalchameleons.com or contact mattjillson1@hotmail.com.

Thanks for looking,
Ivan, Divy, Jim and Matt
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=164919”

Image 3)
The link at the bottom of each add lead to the following photo and caption in the KS gallery: http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=164919

The Description text is as follows:
“Meet the real legend… Anubis, the fire red Ambilobe. No “Picasso” BS here, this guy is an Ambilobe and one of the best.”

Image 4)
The following was posted on the KS chameleon forum by a “ddmadson” regarding Screameleons, owned by Vincent Wong.
The Source Data shows: “Entered from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236”

The text says:
“Not to be my typical jerk self but if all your animal’s pictures are shown in a greenhouse and you offer animals that aren’t bred by you pictured in a greenhouse and then you say you aren’t operating out of a greenhouse, well, chances are the truth isn’t being told. Not that there is anything bad to be teaming up with what is left of Bebe Blue but there is something not truthful or should I say not “fully represented” about claiming you are not in league with them. The obvious is the obvious and you shouldn’t be trying to cover up the fact. Be truthful, it is better for business.
Dennis”

There was then a post by someone that said: “So because bebe has a greenhouse...screameleons cant have their own greenhouse?”

This was followed by

Image 5)
The following was posted on the KS chameleon forum by a “ddmadson” at http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=577715,578279
The Source Data shows: “Entered from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236”

The text says:
“Not unless they bought the Bebe Blu greenhouse, which didn’t happen. Another point is that all the caging that the animals are kept in are mysteriously a Bebe Blu design. MOOOOOOOOOOOO!
dennis”

Image 6)
The following was posted on the KS chameleon forum by Matt Jillson (user name “chameleonone”) to an unrelated thread at http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=573562,574436

Image 7)
The following was posted on the KS chameleon forum by Vincent Wong of Screameleons under the user name “mangotheveiled” showing how easily aliases can be established. http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=578468,578468

The text says:
“Dear members,

Many of you guys are very familiar with the villain DDMADSON on our forums. He comes out every now and then to post negative threads slamming others down.

It has been speculated that DDMADSON was actually Matt Jillson.

But now we have the PROOF!

Fortunate for us, Kingsnake records the ip address for all posters. The “ip address” is something like a Phone Number. It distinguishes each computer, and where they are calling from. In our case, it is where the poster is sending the message from. It just so happens that Matt Jillson and DDMADSON share the exact same “ip address”. They share the exact computer and internet connection. Coincidence??? I don’t think so.

How did we find this out? Well……why don’t you see for yourself. Follow these simple steps to see the proof with your very own eyes.

1) Open this link to a message that DDMADSON posted. http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=577715,578120

2) Right click on your mouse and select “View Source”. This will show you the details of this message and the code used to generate the message.

3) Now, scroll down until you find the line that reads:
“Entered from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236”. This is the ip address of of DDMADSON. It tells us that DDMADSON sent this message from the above “ip address”.

4)Now open this link that Matt Jillson posted:

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php...74826&key=2004

5) Right click on your mouse and select “View Source”. This will show you the details of this message and the code used to generate the message.

6) Now, scroll down until you find the line that reads:
“Entered from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236 ”. This is the ip address of of Matt Jilson.

As you will see, the addresses match! Looks like DDMADSON isn’t the only one with neat detective skills.

Now why in the world he do this? Lets see, Ivan of Mythical Chameleons has just posted a classified ad about new Ambilobe offspring for sale. He tells us that Matt Jillson is his partner, and they have formally teamed up with Jim over at The Chameleon Company. Is this some desperate attempt to boost business? Do they need to slam others to make a sale? It would seem so. Here is a quote from Dr. Ivan Alfonso’s advertisement. “These are not females produced by a "fruity" male or sold by someone who didn't breed them personally.”
Here is a link to the ad http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=52&de=255200

Isn’t this the same attack that DDMADSON just threw at Screameleons?

And this is how they are all connected in this twisted scheme. Dr. Ivan Alfonso goes on to say….and I quote
“We have made an official breeding partnership with The Chameleon Company and Matt Jillson, ensuring that all our animals will be nothing but spectacular, honestly represented and needless to say the BEST bloodlines you'll be able to get your hands on.”
So…..DDMADSON is really Matt Jillson, who is partnered up with Ivan Alfonso and The Chameleon Company. Is this how you guys do business?

No opinions here, just facts…….straight out of the horses mouth.

Regards.”

Image 8)
The following was posted by Ivan Alfonso in response to the above. http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=578513,578630

The text says:
“I believe that is great detective work but I have to say the truth as you and the others call it, is not there.
Just so all of you can know this, Matt Jillson was here in Florida in my home finalizing the touches on the partnership with The Chameleon Company. He was the one that posted some of the pics and the ads in the classifieds since we are all one and the same now but the animals being sold are from my bloodlines.

DDMadson does communicate with Matt frequently and has a very strong dislike for me. Sice Matt is now in the exact same boat with me, he has repeatedly tried to cut ties with DDMadson but the guy is pretty persistent as you all know. One thing I can tell you is that they are NOT one and the same and I really can't try to prove it beyond that. Matt will be at his home tonight so I will make sure this gets clarified somehow.

Now, Vincent/Screameleons, you seem to have a real nose to know everything there is to know, yet always act like you are everyone's friend or act like you want to stay out of trouble. The truth is that you really have done nothing wrong but neither have you been entirely truthful about it. I have even talked to you on emails about your selling other people's chameleons or even chameleons from other countries and wording the ads to sell them as yours. Guess what Vince? I never gave a damn. Did I comment with others about it? Yes I did. Did I go and tell anyone to post on my behalf about it? Why bother, I can do it myself and with all the details I want. I don't act that way because I really like tackling problems head on.
When you had your tons of medical questions and such, I was always very prompt to answer and you even sent me an email where you were warning me about people saying that you hated me. Why would you do that or why would I even care? Now I see why, because you, "everyone's friendly neighbor", must have said a few things about me to your other "true friends" and got concerned that for some reason it will reach my ears.
If it would have happened, I would have never thought about it twice, but now that I see your true colors it is easy to understand what has been happening.

Bottomline, it doesn't matter if you own Bebe Blu or not right now. It doesn't matter if you dislike me or if you pretend to like me. All that matters is what we put out there. Now my friend, it is time to go to business and see what you and your buddies can produce versus what I and my buddies can produce.

As Jovana said plain and simple, I have too much work and useful things to do than to ocupy my time plotting to damage you or anyone else for that matter. This thread will prove to be futile in damaging Matt or myself but it certainly was helpful smoking you out of the hole. By all means feel free to contact me privately or right here in the forum as I will be happy to exchange ideas, comments, etc.

Ivan”

Image 9)
The following was an email sent to Dennis Scott (partner of John Lucas, Chameleon Paradise) from Matt Jillson on the morning of Tuesday Sept. 21.

“Dennis,
The only person that I openly dislike obviously is Lane and for
reasons that are so undeniable if you knew the real story you couldn't disagree with. As for Johnny boy, I just don't know him aside from the crap people mention that he has talked about me and my animals. I know that the hear-say junk most of the time isn't 90% true but when I hear somewhat the same story from a few different sources you begin to think it can't be too far off. But aside from all that I really don't care and for one simple reason: I have such a head start on breeding just Ambilobes that there is really nothing he or you for that matter can do and that includes Vince even with him operating out of the Bebe Blue greenhouse. The Nozakis are good friends of mine now and we have aq coupel things cooking behind the scenes and I am working out a deal as I type with the Kammers to trade bloodlines. Lane can set you guys up with all the offspring you'll ever need in a vain attempt to try to hurt me but the fact is that I have a solid 1.5-2 year lead and I am now well into my second generation offspring and breeding of some of the older F2's I have and a small number of F3's with the help of Ivan - I am just too entrenched to recieve any real damage and the bottom is
beginning to drop out so I am poised to strike while the iron is smoking. Besides that, I am in extremely tight with the Chameleon Company and they basically unpack every shipment that comes into the country so I essentially get pick of anything I'll need and that covers any local - including the Nosey Mitsios, hehehehe. They always need females, which I have plenty of and I need new blood from time to time which they have. No matter how friendly Lane thinks she is with Kalaam the only thing that matters to him is money and Chamco pumps far more money into him pure and simple.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this to be like, "Oh Dennis, I am
so cool and awesome and am a powerhouse; you must tremble" but I am saying it so that you know I don't see you, or anyone for that matter as potenital competition that can hurt me nor do I feel that I need to bad mouth you guys or any of that stuff. Not that I would try to sabatoge you guys or anyone anyways if I did feel you guys were nipping at my heels as I don't take it too seriously - I reserve that for the liars - Lane - and the Scalpers - Mike Klein, aka Chameleon Condo. Let's face it: The only 2 animals that are good between you and John are your animals, Woodrow - an Ivan male who I have a sister to that has laid a few clutchs already for me - and that male Lucifer - who isn't looking to be in the best shape healthwise but still can't comapre to say a male like Phoenix. Everything else really isn't even in the same ballpark as my stuff. Just look at the supposed "heavy hitters", Neonman isn't neon anymore and looks like he is about to die if he hasn't already since every pic I've seen looks to be taken on the same day. Badass is far from that name since his bars are now faded and red - another sign he isn't in the best of shape. Then we have that Vince animal along with the other animals that came in from Indo who aren't looking too hot now that they are maturing which leaves your CH'd male that is a red bar with blue speckling. Again, I am not saying this to talk <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> or rub your nose in it but to be realistic in that there is no ill willl on my part towards you guys because there is no point in getting in a huff over it as far as I am concerned - even with the <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> that has been talked. Anyways, I think I basically laid my view point out on the table and you know exactly where I stand but that isn't to say that bridges haven't been burned with other parties as far as John is concerned. As a hint, ready closely that "Ambilobes.Ambilobes.Ambilobes" ad Jim put up in the classifieds this weekend.

Anyways onto less dramitic talk. It actually turned out good that you
couldn't make it on Sunday to the show again. It was a nightmare of
people and questions that took 20 minutes to answer properly. I wouldn't have had time to sit down with a beer and shoot he <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>. Overall I thought that the show was good with a lot of people although it was comprised of mostly the newbies, which is ok as people need to start somewhere, but they aren't prepared to buy the $300-600 animals. But, there were a few of the fanatics out there that were. This guy flew all the way out from NY so that he could buy an Ambilobe - now that is devotion. I am pretty sure though that if we didn't decide to do the show at the last minute, as in 5 days before, and had our act together sooner with ads and stuff we would have had much more people like that come. But we'll see how that theory goes as I am for sure doing the San Diego show next month and the gloves are coming off animal wise for that show. In fact there is a slim chance I might do the NARBC show in Chicago next month as the promotors asked if we were interested but expect to see me at most of the shows on the West Coast from now on. I am pretty confident though that I've got the forumla for success down at these shows, so we'll see.
-Matt”

To start with, the text of Images 1 and 2 links Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson and Jim Flaherty as business partners in their breeding efforts. Image 8 has Ivan stating “since we are all one and the same now” which means all three are equally guilty of the attacks they are making. Images 4 and 5 prove that ddmadson’s slanderous posts are posted from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236. As is explained in Image 7, Image 6 proves that Matt Jillson posts from the same computer as ddmadson as his post was from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236 as well. Image 8, a post by Ivan, was also posted from adsl-067-034-184-236.sip.mco.bellsouth.net at 67.34.184.236 showing that he too is posting from the same computer as ddmadson. This shows that the attacks from ddmadson are actually from Ivan Alfonso and Matt Jillson. The html files of the posts have been saved in order to prove that these are the correct source data locations.

In Image 2, Ivan, Matt and Jim offer Anubis offspring for sale specifying that females are being sold “in related pairs ONLY.” They then go on to say “These are not females produced by a "fruity" male or sold by someone who didn't breed them personally.” The comment about fruity males is in reference to a number of John Lucas’ breeder’s (www.chameleonparadise.com) named Pineapple, Lemonlime, Passion, Kiwi, Pumpkin and Coconut. Ivan stated in image 8, “I have even talked to you on emails about your selling other people's chameleons or even chameleons from other countries and wording the ads to sell them as yours” showing that the comment “by someone who didn’t breed them personally,” is aimed at Vincent Wong of Screameleons (www.screameleons.com).

Image 3 has the following caption: “Meet the real legend… Anubis, the fire red Ambilobe. No “Picasso” BS here, this guy is an Ambilobe and one of the best.” This is aimed at Lane Gergley, who uses the username Legendcham on the KS forums and who works with a number of Olaf Pronk’s Picasso morph F. pardalis. The Picasso morph have long been speculated being the same as Ambilobe’s but with a lack of confirmation from Olaf, have largely been bred separately from Ambilobe’s just in case they are in fact different.

Image 9 is full of beautiful insight into the mindset of this trio.
“The only person that I openly dislike obviously is Lane [Gergley]…”
- Well, we can’t exactly hold it against someone for disliking another, that isn’t slander but this quote shows the motivation behind attacks toward Lane.

“I have such a head start on breeding just Ambilobes that there is really nothing he [John Lucas] or you [Dennis Scott] for that matter can do and that includes Vince [Vincent Wong] even with him operating out of the Bebe Blue greenhouse.”
- Interesting motives for posting attacks on other people’s businesses on public forums and making public stabs at them in your ads.

“The Nozakis are good friends of mine now and we have aq coupel things cooking behind the scenes and I am working out a deal as I type with the Kammers to trade bloodlines.”
- Matt is using his friendship and soon to be partnership with the Nozaki’s of Amazing Blue Reptile and the Kammer’s of Kammerflage Kreations as his rationale for attacking other breeders and behaving like he and Ivan are above other breeders. I’m very curious as to whether or not the Nozaki’s or Kammer’s are aware of how Matt, Ivan and Jim are using their names.

“Lane can set you guys up with all the offspring you'll ever need in a vain attempt to try to hurt me but the fact is that I have a solid 1.5-2 year lead and I am now well into my second generation offspring and breeding of some of the older F2's I have and a small number of F3's with the help of Ivan…”
- For being so ahead, I’m amazed by the number of attacks being used against other breeders in an attempt to further their sales.

“…I don't see you, or anyone for that matter as potenital [sic.] competition that can hurt me nor do I feel that I need to bad mouth you guys or any of that stuff.
- Yet we’ve proven that they are actively doing so.

“Again, I am not saying this to talk <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> or rub your nose in it but to be realistic in that there is no ill willl [sic.] on my part towards you guys because there is no point in getting in a huff over it as far as I am concerned…”
- Ironic considering the ill wills that they have publicly expressed.

The sentiments from Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson and Jim Flaherty regarding their actions have been:

“I am just too entrenched to recieve any real damage and the bottom is beginning to drop out so I am poised to strike while the iron is smoking.” – Matt Jillson, Image 9
“This thread will prove to be futile in damaging Matt or myself…” – Ivan Alfonso, Image 8

It is my opinion that this type of business strategy is harmful to the industry and this type of slander and poor business ethics should not be supported.

Regretfully,

John Lucas, Dennis Scott, Vincent Wong and Lane Gergley

Old 09-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #2
charm_paradise
Image #1

Image #1
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
charm_paradise
Image #2

Image #2
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
charm_paradise
Image#3

Image #3
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #5
dwedeking
All the overly dramatic political chameleon-world stuff out of the way, I've purchased animals from Ivan and they have been top notch. I've also spoken with Ivan (via email) over the last few years and found him upstanding and very helpful.

I've sold to Matt and every transaction was smooth and he seemed a nice upfront person at the shows I've seen him at.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #6
charm_paradise
Image#4

Image#4
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #7
charm_paradise
Image#5

Image#5
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:52 PM   #8
charm_paradise
Image#6

Image#6
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2004, 11:57 PM   #9
charm_paradise
Image#7

Image#7
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #10
charm_paradise
Image#8

Image#8
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!