Bad Guy Phil Robbins and Jeremy Hargett ( jsh reptiles ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
filenamex5100
Phil Robbins and Jeremy Hargett ( jsh reptiles )

SCAM ALERT!
where do I start. geesshh. here we go again. I accidently (for a lack of better words) uncovered this scam attempt and I will try to sum it up with details best I can.

So on Oct. 15, 2016 I contacted user "Miami Cracker" after I had been following a thread he posted about a import from Africa that contained Androctonus togolensis (apparently).
the thread can be found here: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/and...lensis.287889/

below is my correspondence with Phil about that thread via PM a little while later.
hi there. been following your thread on the suspected togolensis. do you also have the mom or just a brood of babies??
also curious as to what you might be asking for them when you decide to sell some??

ButhidaeBomb, Oct 15, 2016 Report

Oct 16, 2016

Miami CrackerArachnosquire

South Florida

I am supposedly getting 50 adults. May African exporter put them in my venomous snake order.
He also put 100 H.hottentotta 100 A. australis 100 srtomatapelma calceatum. so I have a lot of work as far as separating things. but I'll let you know.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=187199
Miami Cracker, Oct 16, 2016 Report

Oct 16, 2016

ButhidaeBombCant Re-MemberArachnosupporter

North Texas (DFW)

May i ask your name? I know the majority of people who are importing hot snakes so now im even more curious. Lol

ButhidaeBomb, Oct 16, 2016 Report

Oct 16, 2016

South Florida

Phill. And no surprise, the supposed togolensis are just more H. hottentotta.

Miami Cracker, Oct 16, 2016 Report

Oct 16, 2016

North Texas (DFW)

ohhhh. I just bought a batch of H h a while back. got them for $6 each. I'm sure youll move them

ButhidaeBomb, Oct 16, 2016

Now fast forward to today, Oct 23, 2016.
I contacted another user on AB that posted a thread in the classifieds looking for scorpions. wanted to let him know that I had a few threads posted if he were interested. long story short, this user told me that he is being/been offered androctonus togolensis for $30 each. I found that very strange after all the talk previously on Phil's thread about the A. togolensis and the fact that they are extremely rare and hard to get. it was too much of a coincidence that suddenly togolensis are being offered for sale....specially not being offered on AB. red flag tells me someone is trying to fly under the radar.

being the good person this user is, he didn't want to give me the name of the person at first due to privacy reasons and all. I can respect that. I guess my evidence convinced him otherwise after I threw out Phil's name to him. He told me the guys name is Jeremy and he posted on a facebook group called Invertebrate Classifieds (US Only).

I contacted Phil via AB again (today...Oct, 23, 2016) and here is our conversation:
Today at 1:40 PM

North Texas (DFW)

Question....have you sold any of your hottentotta hottentotta to anyone in florida recently?? They are still being marketed as androc togolensis. People im talking to are being told its togolensis for $30.
Obviously your name is in it because youre the first person to mention importing them but you told me they are not togolensis.
Plus the picture being circulated and sold as androc togolensis is infact hottentotta. Just trying to get to the bottom of it before it gets out of hand. If youre not responsible for it, id get involved and nip it in thd butt

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 1:40 PM Report

Today at 2:10 PM

South Florida

nope. Haven't sold any to anybody. Any where.

Miami Cracker, Today at 2:10 PM Report

Today at 2:17 PM

North Texas (DFW)

Weird. Something is going on!! I just dont want the wrong names to be looked at negativly. But someone just sent a pic of a hottentotta hottentotta and said it was androc togolensis for $30 each. The mods will look into it and pull ip addresses and get it figured out.
Not even germany collectors have many togolensis so for them to suddenly pop up in us collections for $30 is clearly a scam

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 2:17 PM
So after he admitted to me in a PM on AB, and posted to the thread on AB that there are no togolensis, somehow they are being sold/offered by Jeremy as A. togolensis.

Soooooo....I contact Jeremy Hargett on Facebook and ask about them. (in this time frame, someone removed the classified add on FB containing the togolensis...im thinking someone knew I was catching on).

here is my FB conversation with Jeremy:
Conversation started today

2:34pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Hi. I was hearing you might have scorps for sale?? Looking to expand my collection a bit

3:01pmThey accepted your request.

3:01pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Got some yes

3:02pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Ok cool. What do you have please?? Any buthid stuff?

3:03pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Let me connect you with my invertebrates manager his name is phil robbins

3:06pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Im already aware. Thank you

androctonus togolensis for $30 ??

3:13pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Yes sir

3:16pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Awesome. Can you send me a pic?

3:17pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Yes will do

3:17pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Thanks

Also, what is the paypal address for payment and what is shipping cost?

3:27pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Wgere are you located

3:31pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Oh ya sorry. Texas

I assume shipping is $50 for express. That seems to be the norm. Im thinking maybe 4 of them. Thatd be $170 plus 3% paypal fee for 4 of them with shipping. Just need a paypal addy to send to

3:36pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Jshreptiles@gmail.com

3:42pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Waiting on the pic still

3:46pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Sending now

3:47pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

What would you say if i know for a fact you dont have androc togolensis?? Ive already spoken to phil about it and he also denies it. The picture you have provided others and i assume are about to send me, is infact hottentotta hottentotta....infact phil even said so himself. Ps.... now is not the time to ignore me because i feel thatll be your next move.

3:50pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

I told you feom the beging to talk to phil what was sent to me is cities filed as just what i told you and tge pic is one of the animals in group what the hell are you talking about if its mislabeled ok no misrepresent at all going on i ignore you why or how

3:51pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

You might wanna let phil know that this is getting out of hand. Im not sure if you are offering them as togolensis on your own or if he is involved. That info is coming. Ive got everything in writing from phil, you, and at least one person that you offered togolensis to

3:51pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

3:52pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Yes i did and they came in as that so what the gell are you talking about

3:53pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Ignore me if you choose. Phil has already said no togolensis were in the import box AT ALL. I have that in writing. So if you wanna say it was all him, go for it.

So because its labeled as togolensis but you both know for a fact that it is not....thats fraud!

3:53pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

hello i havent ignored you at all

No i dont know

3:54pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

I have it in writing from phil himself

I bought hottentotta from robroy as well so i know how deep this goes

3:55pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

I dont wo pleaee tell me

3:55pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Just hang tight. Ill communicate with phil and see what he has to say but so far....YOU offered for sale the togolensis. Not him!

3:56pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

I sent pics of animals in shipment no subs

Show Images
Rowdy Kent

I know who you offered them to with date and time stamps and linked ip tracking software. This is soooo far from over.

Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Are you crazy

Show Images
Rowdy Kent

And the pics are hottentotta!!! Even after phil admitted they are hottentotta

You think im crazy until you are both in jail for us fish and wildlife violations and fraud

3:57pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

For exactly what?

Who is both and what does rob roy have to do with me

3:58pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Ive been doing this 20+ years so this isnt my first scam ring to uncover....although this is pretty small scale

He doesnt. Dont worry about robroy.

3:58pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Ehat the hell are you talking about you brought him up not me

3:59pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Are you trying to tell me that have or have not offered for sale, this month, androctonus togolensis??

I already know that answer by tge way

3:59pm
Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

I have offered exactly what I bought

I don't give a damn what you know

Nothing has been Secret

4:00pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

So you got scammed by phil too?

Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

What the hell are you talking about

Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Youre about to give a damn!! Lol

Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

I doubt it

Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Alrighty

Show Images
Jeremy Hargett

Look I'm not quite sure what's going on with you

I put an ad up for what I purchased

With government stamps

An identification from two people

I put an ad up with pictures where exactly is the fraud please tell me that

4:02pm
Show Images
Rowdy Kent

Word of advance....stop talking

So as you can see, he is infact offering Androctonus togolensis. Two scenarios could be possible here, keeping in my my original conversation with Phil.
1) Phil scammed Jeremy and told him they were A. togolensis.
or 2) Phil told Jeremy they are or are not togolensis but sell them either way as togolensis.
No matter what, Phil knows they are not togolensis by his own submission yet they are being sold as such. That my friends, by definition, is fraud!

of course they areboth mad as a rattlesnake after I exposed this and let them know about it. name calling, typical "i don't care what you've got on me", etc etc. most scammers think they can intimidate others with the "maybe by chance ive got the allegations wrong" tactic.
its clear, cut, and dry in this circumstance because Phil knew for a fact by his own words that they are not togolensis.
I guess you be the judge of who is more wrong in this case but to me, they are both at fault.
its no circumstance that the scorps were posted on a totally different website from where he admitted they were not togolensis. that's flying under the radar at its best!!

my advise is to use great caution in dealing with either of them. mislabeled or not, if you are going to sell something that is venomous, you might want to consider knowing a little something about them before someone gets hurt/stung/killed. EX: you think your selling emperor scorpions and suddenly someone gets stung by a androctonus bicolor.....that's a issue!! knowledge at a minimum is needed here. but plain as day....this was a scam attempt. hopefully no one fells for it as I'm unaware as to the extent of how far this went in that weeks time.

heres the rest/last of the pm's I had with Phil:
Today at 4:10 PM

North Texas (DFW)

So either you or jeremy (jeremy for sure) are offering androctonus togolensis for sale.
I feel like i will get the same attitude from you as i did him so i will just say i have everything in writing from you saying you dont have togolensis at all....yet my friend was just offered togolensis for $30.
Hell jeremy was even gonna except $170 shipped for 4 togolensis from me so obviously you, him, or both are running a scam. Very small scale but none the less a scam. Attempting to take payment constitutes mail fraud....specially after you told me and put it in your thread that the togolensis didnt arrive but rather were only more hottentotta.
So tell me...are you behind this attempt to defraud people or is jeremy acting alone?? Its in your best interest to not get a negative attitude with me because i know way more than you think.
Ps...i dont care what the cities papers mightve declared the species as. That null and void once you know they ate not but still continue to sell them anyways. By definition, that is fraud.

I anxiously await your explanation for this one. Lol

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 4:10 PM Report

Today at 4:38 PM

South Florida

Excuse me. Are you for real? And who are you? You need to unbunch your panties, and check yourself.

Miami Cracker, Today at 4:38 PM Report

Today at 4:43 PM

North Texas (DFW)

Typical. You wanna go that route?? Explain yourself publicly then. Enjoy!

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 4:43 PM Report

Today at 4:45 PM

North Texas (DFW)

P.s. Deleting the fb add wont help. We have screen shots as well

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 4:45 PM Report

Today at 4:50 PM

South Florida

let me explain something to you lonely little troll. I don't care what you have. I really don't. Instead of asking a simple question you want to run your mouth and threaten people with nonsense. That's fine. I've been dealing with sorry little punks like you for years. But go ahead and keep running your mouth behind your keyboard because we all know that's all you are. a key board warrior. You can make what ever claims you want, its a free country. Whatever helps you get off.

Miami Cracker, Today at 4:50 PM Report

Today at 4:55 PM

North Texas (DFW)

Opinions very mr robbins. Youre just another scammer and now upset that youve been exposed. Sounds like a robroy outcome to me.
A reply from you is not needed. Like i told your partner, id stop talking if i were you. . Enjoy your evening

ButhidaeBomb, Today at 4:55 PM Report

Today at 4:57 PM

South Florida

Whatever you say little boy. And why would I stop talking? And what is a robroy outcome?

Miami Cracker, Today at 4:57 PM Report

Today at 4:59 PM

South Florida

And exactly how am I a scammer?

I didn't reply back to him as it wasn't going anywhere except down! The proof is in writing and there is really no way out of it for them.
just thought the world deserves to know because I CANT STAND a scammer!

Posted by Rowdy Kent. 10/23/16

Old 10-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
The Magic maker
That was one of the most confusing thing I've ever read in my life. Can you provide actual screenshots?

Old 10-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
jeremy2529
know why its so confussing parts are missing and its all over the place as you can planly reaad

Old 10-23-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
filenamex5100
the conversations were copied directly from facebook and arachnoboards. if you can understand them, I'm not sure how to make them more readable. but also....its length so I could get how you would think its confusing.

Jeremy.....tell me how parts are missing and please do us a favor and upload what you think is missing! my entire conversation with you is listed. all the way from the first time I wrote you until I bloked you. so please do us a favor and prove me wrong guy!! I dare you to try. you;ve dug yourself a deeper hole just by saying parts are missing because you and I both know that parts ARE NOT missing. go ahead though...prove me wrong please. fill in said gaps!!

Old 10-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
jeremy2529
i truely beleive you may be 100 percent deranged holely crap.illl screen shot everything you wrote tomarrow morning np there and deep with who? you? i truely think you may be cerfifiable budy

Old 10-23-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
filenamex5100
I find it comical that you are going to screen shot anything!!! it is going to show literally the EXACT same thing I put in the original post, in order and everything!! why do you have to wait till tomorrow to do it?? I'm dying to see what you come up with.
if you do wait till tomorrow, don't forget to post it up!!! ill remind you if not. you are not gonna hide from this one since you want to be so involved. haha. I literally cannot wait

Old 10-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #7
filenamex5100
oh let me add....the only thing missing from the original conversation with you is the pic of the hottentotta you sent. copy and paste wouldn't work for that so perhaps that's what your talking about it missing. ...one picture that's proves you don't have togolensis. . haha

Old 10-23-2016, 11:05 PM   #8
filenamex5100
I'm literally dying waiting on your post a screen shot that shows I left something out. if you can just at least tell us what was left out and then send screen shots tomorrow, thatd be great.

you realize even if that were the case, you still tried to commit fraud (or maybe did commit fraud)?!

like I said....either phil scammed you and sold you togolensis knowing (by this own messages to me) that they are not togolensis, OR , you decided with or without his knowledge that you would call them togolensis. you see where I am going with this right???? at least one of you, without a shadow of doubt, 100% pulled a scam!!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
filenamex5100
Everyone is waiting Jeremy!! prove me wrong already. where are the non existent screen shots to back up your story??? told you originaly that you should just stop talking. dug yourself a deeper hole!! ill keep reminding you though.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #10
Lucille
Instead of links/copying material on other boards where material may be edited/removed in the future, screen shots are preferable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!