Trader's Ratings promotion - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #11
mrawesomeman24
I've been trying to get ratings to work for me, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have permission to leave ratings.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
Beyond GenetiX
I appreciate the trader ratings and your efforts. I try to make it a point to rate everyone I deal with.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #13
snowgyre
I like the trader ratings, but most of the folks I do business with don't have paid accounts and can't leave feedback. I'd like to see it stay even if it appears to get minimal use. I leave feedback for all those I do business with, paid account or not. I do feel it's just an additional, helpful tool to screen the good from the bad.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #14
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesomeman24 View Post
I've been trying to get ratings to work for me, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have permission to leave ratings.
Only site sponsors and paying members can leave ratings.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Only site sponsors and paying members can leave ratings.
Actually that is not exactly accurate. Only members with paid accounts can use the trader's ratings. The sponsorships are not tied to any elevated member group, which is what the Trader's Ratings are tied to. The reason for that is because sponsorships are considered as being an "advertising" avenue instead of a "contributing" avenue, because, well, they both were implemented at different times with different incentives in mind.

That being said, I have been toying with the idea of changing all that, but not something I have yet had the mental stamina to address.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
viperfish
Glad to help! I have been out of the game since I was in college in the early 90’s. I’ve caught the bug again found Fauna to be the most helpful and informative of any site.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:21 AM   #17
WebSlave

Old 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #18
Kapidolo Farms
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Actually that is not exactly accurate. Only members with paid accounts can use the trader's ratings. The sponsorships are not tied to any elevated member group, which is what the Trader's Ratings are tied to. The reason for that is because sponsorships are considered as being an "advertising" avenue instead of a "contributing" avenue, because, well, they both were implemented at different times with different incentives in mind.

That being said, I have been toying with the idea of changing all that, but not something I have yet had the mental stamina to address.
I'm still sorting this out some and may have a mis-perception?

So traders rating are B2B, actual customers don't have a way to say they find the seller was good, or bad, is that right?

Is there a central page with "rules".

I got a warning a few years ago about suggesting PayPal fees would increase price, and yet see other suggest it. Pay by check discount would in effect be the same thing without explicitly saying something about PayPal fees. The agree to terms page might be linked to an all encompassing "rules" page maybe?

There are many outhouse lawyers here, good and bad at the same time. Looking for clarity.

Will, Biologist
Kapidolo Farms

Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #19
Charis
Sounds like a good idea to me. I try to rate anyone I have a transaction with but forget sometimes too. Might help with reminding people it's there. I do look at them when thinking about buying or selling from someone.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapidolo Farms View Post
I'm still sorting this out some and may have a mis-perception?

So traders rating are B2B, actual customers don't have a way to say they find the seller was good, or bad, is that right?
Of course customers can rate a seller using the Trader's Ratings. They can rate a seller as Positive, Negative, or Neutral. That is what it is there for and why it is called a rating system. Of course, they must have a Contributor level membership or above in order to use the system, the reason for which has been talked about several times here.

Quote:
Is there a central page with "rules".
Not really. One reason is because I just haven't put in that kind of effort to try to itemize the rules beyond localized areas where such rules may apply. Another reason there is not is because there is a lot of past history that indicates to me that most people wouldn't read such a thing anyway.

Quote:
I got a warning a few years ago about suggesting PayPal fees would increase price,
Not trying to dispute your claim, but I seriously doubt you would get a warning from staff or myself for what you claim. My guess is that there were associated extenuating circumstances for which you actually got such a warning. But please correct me with a direct link to what you claim if I am mistaken.

Quote:
and yet see other suggest it. Pay by check discount would in effect be the same thing without explicitly saying something about PayPal fees. The agree to terms page might be linked to an all encompassing "rules" page maybe?

There are many outhouse lawyers here, good and bad at the same time. Looking for clarity.

Will, Biologist
Kapidolo Farms
This site is chock full of opinions. Some are worth their weight in gold, whereas other might not be worth their weight in fly feces. It is up to each reader to make their own determination about what has value to them. We only provide the venue for posters of opinions and readers of those opinions to meet. None are edited or otherwise audited for content value by site staff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!