high end herps inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
carter33333
high end herps inquiry

im looking for albino tiger retics and noticed high end herps. i also looked at this thread http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=40006 on one of his breeder burms. it looks very obese and cramped in the enclosure. it makes me wonder his credibility. anyone dealt with him?

Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
bebomason
I haven't purchased any animals from David B./HHE, or seen any of his animals in person. But David did purchase a groupf of burmese pythons from me a few weeks ago. He inquired about some offspring, we agreed upon a price and money was promptly sent. I wasn't thrilled about shipping the number of animals in the deal. So we agreed to meet instead. So we met up, David was polite and cordial. He checked out the animals, all was well and everything went fine. No complaints here on selling him animals.

Jim Mason

Old 12-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #4
dutchallison00
As I said in the thread linked above David is a top-notch guy with top-notch animals. You'd be hard pressed to find a better person to do business with.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchallison00
As I said in the thread linked above David is a top-notch guy with top-notch animals. You'd be hard pressed to find a better person to do business with.

I guess the definition of "Top Notch" changes. It just depends on who you ask.

Personally I would prefer to get my snakes from someone with different methods of caring for their animals
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2007, 02:13 AM   #6
Wilomn
Does this mean he's no longer using his custom excercise program for snakes?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #7
BenR
I don't think so anymore Wes, but he is looking to change that as he posted this on another forum a couple days ago.

Quote:
Though I do have it in the works to build a giant, secure enclosure outside in our surrounding forest for the large burms to get exercise in during the spring, summer and fall months. I reckon it should be completed by March. It will be at least a quarter acre in scope.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 AM   #8
BenR
Ian,

As far as the Albino tiger I would take some of David's own advice about what to ask the so called breeder. Here are some quotes from Highendherps "when buying a reptile" section on the trading post page of his site
Quote:
The short version of what I am trying to convey here is that brokered snakes are, in my opinion, dishonest and downright risky. And you may be very surprised just how many breeders do this daily
Quote:
Ask for pictures of the parent animals breeding and of the eggs hatching. Most every good breeder takes pictures of their breeding and hatchings. If no pictures, something's fishy. Research the history of the business.

On his site he has several baby burms which he did not produce listed in his available section. These are mostly the greens granites and other possible het burms on there. On his site or his ads there is no indication otherwise that he didn't produce them. Sure, maybe he would tell you if you asked, but would you really think to after reading this on his site?
Quote:
We will not misrepresent and we will only offer 100% healthy offspring produced from our own closed colony breeding stock. Because of this we may never have the huge selection and sheer quantity that other so called "breeders" appear to have, but we DO offer you the peace of mind of knowing that what you get from us.....was produced by us.....from 100% healthy, captive produced parents. If you are serious about your collection and are therefore disease conscious it should be very important to you to know just where the animals you are buying come from.
Also the price on these snakes is twice as much as what the real breeder had them at. This would also lead a potential buyer to think he produced them. If you are spending more money on a snake because the breeder can say he has had the snake since it hatched, and knows it hasn't been exposed to any sort of disease then what are you really paying extra for on these?
This is also on his site under the trading post section
Quote:
If it is someone elses stock then it should be cheaper and advertised accurately as the offspring of another. And if it is someone elses stock you have no real way of knowing how that person runs their show, how healthy their breeders are, if they practice respectable husbandry and proper quarantine measures, or if even they too are brokering some other third partys animals

Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #9
Ravens_Mama
Ok time to shed some light and give credence to why some of us have decided to Question High End Herp ( have no clue what his real name is so ill refer to him by his business cover name )

These are links to some posts i have discovered concerning this man and his business please take the time to read them yes i know there are alot but its very very VERY enlightening and knowledge is power these days

To me it seems he has no regard for the animals heres one post ill also provide the link to the whole conversations

I have to admit not only am i pretty speechless on what to say about this guy but after seeing his cage posts n such i am physically Ill ....this man does not deserve to own these absolutely gorgeous and wonderful creatures. I am going to do my best to make sure that word gets out about this guy and all of the information i can gather will be going to my local herp society so that they can put out red flags against this guy. GOD this just makes me sick how can someone do this and look at themselves in the mirror everyday. I truely hope he sold all of Jims babies because they deserve SO much better then that man is capable of offering....this is nothing against Jim its not his fault the guy is Sick. But this is a valuable lesson anyone of us needs to take head to. I wish there was more i could do then just spread the word. And can you beleive he has a low income plan like another poster from one of the other threads had stated ....if you cant afford the expensive morphs how in the hell can you afford to properly take care of one......ok im gonna shut up now before i step wayyyy over the line and hang myself.....im just sick this is so sad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for the compliments and comments guys. Yes, I read all the threads in all the forums pertaining to us. I respect and welcome all opinions be they pro-High End Herps or otherwise.

To the guy with a single wide trailer: You might be surprised at just how many giant snakes you can fit in even the floor space that one average-sized couch takes up. With an 8 by 3 foot floor space and with 5 cages high at a 16 inch height average you can fit 5 large female breeders in the space that an ordinary couch takes up. Males are generally smaller (12 to 14 foot range) and thinner and don't require quite as much space. 4x2 and 5x2.5 cages suffice for them nicely.

David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
http://www.HighEndHerps.com/
(318)335-3673"

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...6&page=1&pp=10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bobclark.com/bcforums/top...ff+Topic+Forum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...26&page=1&pp=5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=85657

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another excerpt from High Ends Site

Our Advice To All Herpers When Buying A Reptile:

Whether you buy from us or from any other breeder, if you truly care where your snakes come from and the history of the animals, you should follow one rule of thumb. Always ask the breeder/dealer, point blank, "Is this animal captive born and bred?" and if so, "Who produced the animal I am buying?" Now, the scam artists that are so plentiful these days will lie anyways when already misrepresenting their animals. But when a reputable breeder that may be brokering the offspring of another breeder is asked this they are usually honest about it. Why is this relevant, you might ask? Because you are supposedly buying THAT breeders offspring. Often, to get animals from a big name breeder you are paying a lot more for the same animal you can get for half the price elsewhere. Youre paying extra for the name, for the reputation, for the label. So if that breeder did not produce it, then why should you have to pay his or her prices? If you are wanting stock from that particular breeder then it should BE his or her stock produced from his or her animals. If it is someone elses stock then it should be cheaper and advertised accurately as the offspring of another. And if it is someone elses stock you have no real way of knowing how that person runs their show, how healthy their breeders are, if they practice respectable husbandry and proper quarantine measures, or if even they too are brokering some other third partys animals. The short version of what I am trying to convey here is that brokered snakes are, in my opinion, dishonest and downright risky. And you may be very surprised just how many breeders do this daily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just plain Nuts....and im sorry in my opinion way un-neccesary

COMING IN 2007!

Delivery Service: [Due to not having adequate personel this service has been temporarily delayed]

In mid 2007 we are going to launch a very revolutionary concept: A 100% free* delivery service for all 48 continental United States and parts of Canada. This service will allow us to deliver your animal or animals right to your door without running the risk of carrier error that every breeder is forced to live with currently. This also allows us to meet our customers face to face and to further build a positive, productive, lasting relationship, which we greatly prefer. In addition to this it offers us the opportunity to help novice herpers with setting up cages and proper thermal environments and to lend personal, hands-on knowledge about the snake/s they are getting.

This delivery is tentatively scheduled to be run once per month and lasting up to a week. Deliveries will be made in the order that the locations best adhere to a direct route taking the least amount of driving time as possible.

Amongst the many benefits of this service are: The animals travel in a temperature controlled, safe environment. Supplies can be delivered with the animals, also free* of charge. This can include everything from cages to thermostats to live and frozen food. It also offers the customer the opportunity to view numerous animals to choose from and not to have to rely on just pictures, which can be deceiving.

Others are sure to copy this idea eventually so just remember that we did it first.

*This service will be free for all orders exceeding 500 dollars. For any orders that fall below this figure the cost for delivery to your door will be equal to that of standard shipping costs using a delivery carrier.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if some of this has been repeated but lol its alot of info and i didnt edit it from a previous thread i posted this

JenJen

Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 AM   #10
Ravens_Mama
ok these are pics of the babies High End Herp has for sale that came from Jim Mason.... both my Diamond and Topaz are from the clutch that HEH bpught from Jim Mason. They are several of his 20 ads on Kingsnake.com you can see the rest by searching for his Name High End Herps Inc

There is obviously some doctoring done to these images yet this is how hes advertising and selling these babies....can you imagine the dissapointment you would feel if you were one of the poor un-suspecting buyers and you open the box and surprise surprise the snake your looking at isnt the same bright vivid color that you just paid $200-$700 for which are his prices on Jims babies

Im including a pic of the albino het he has for sale from Jim Mason and the baby i got directly from Jim ...you can SOO tell the image has been brightened also look at the backround colors not just the snake

This is the one HEH has for sale from Jim

This is what that baby should be colored as and this one is that ones full sibling same clutch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!