Bad Guy sick reptiles from duron and matt - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
FroggyCrazy
I've never posted or replied to a bad guy boi (thankfully) but yikes! I really think it's pretty sad that people will take the time to read bad guy posts that really don't have anything to do with them but when the man accused of being a bad guy is called to the thread, he's torn apart and picked on for nothing other than his run on sentences? I'm not the English vocabulary Guru but I don't believe It's really that hard to follow if you take the time to try and do so.

From what I'm reading, Duron took a few breeding loans from Matt but other than that they weren't "partners" really. From what Duron was saying, he never even followed through with actually breeding any of Matt's animals once he found out that Matt was up to no good. Breeder loans happen all the time even if the people don't really know each other, so I think what Duron is saying is believable? If you did a breeder loan with me and I suddenly went rogue and started selling sick animals, should YOU be held responsible for something that I did? I personally don't think so....but that's just my opinion.

~Crystal Borsch~

Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #62
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggyCrazy View Post
I've never posted or replied to a bad guy boi (thankfully) but yikes! I really think it's pretty sad that people will take the time to read bad guy posts that really don't have anything to do with them but when the man accused of being a bad guy is called to the thread, he's torn apart and picked on for nothing other than his run on sentences? I'm not the English vocabulary Guru but I don't believe It's really that hard to follow if you take the time to try and do so.
Based on the bold text, I have to assume that you have very little understanding of just how the BOI works. It's often the outside observers that find the devils hiding in the details. There's also a reasonably affective peer pressure aspect that wouldn't work very well without our peers being actively involved in the process.

Regarding his laughably inadequate writing ability, there are some of us who may be inclined to extrapolate that perceived lack of intelligence and attention to detail into other aspects of his life. If he puts so little effort into projecting some semblance of professionalism in his writings, who's to say that his husbandry practices don't reflect that same lack of effort? I'm sure we'd all prefer to buy animals that we have reason to believe have received the best possible care.

Quote:
From what I'm reading, Duron took a few breeding loans from Matt but other than that they weren't "partners" really. From what Duron was saying, he never even followed through with actually breeding any of Matt's animals once he found out that Matt was up to no good. Breeder loans happen all the time even if the people don't really know each other, so I think what Duron is saying is believable? If you did a breeder loan with me and I suddenly went rogue and started selling sick animals, should YOU be held responsible for something that I did? I personally don't think so....but that's just my opinion.

~Crystal Borsch~
If we did several breeding loans, openly referred to each other as "partners", and then one of us screwed over someone that the other sent our way, I believe it'd be justifiable for both of our names to be be up in lights. It's obviously not all on Duron, but he does share some degree of culpability, which potential customers may appreciate knowing about. I also seriously doubt that their association was nearly as loose as what Duron would have us believe. Either way, at the very least, it comes down to Duron having actively aligned himself with someone that reflected very poorly on him. Moral of the story: choose your friends and "partners" with greater care.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #63
NIGRO51
Quote:
I really think it's pretty sad that people will take the time to read bad guy posts that really don't have anything to do with them
These BOI posts SHOULD be read by everyone in this hobby so that they can avoid the actual bad people AND to know who the good ones are. (the BOI isn't all bad. there are tons of threads with a green check!)

Quote:
he's torn apart and picked on for nothing other than his run on sentences?
If someone cannot take the time to communicate properly that says a lot about them. I tried to get to the bottom of it by asking if there was a language barrier because that does happen sometimes but the answer I got was no better than the rest of his writing.

Quote:
I don't believe It's really that hard to follow if you take the time to try and do so.
So you understand that it is hard to follow but suggest that I waste my time and try to decipher it?? If he wanted to get his point across HE can take his time and write an adult answer.

P.s. People do not get picked apart on the BOI for no reason.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #64
InfiniteVoid
Nigro51-why are you even sayin anything? From What i see youre slandering someone who did nothin wrong. This whole thread is dumb

Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #65
InfiniteVoid
Buyer shouldnt have handed over the cash if he wasnt satisfied with the animal. Simple as that

Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #66
FroggyCrazy
Not really sure how to do the quotes that you guys are doing for sections of sentences so I hope you can follow what I'm saying. My point was that this is a bad guy thread and it's supposed to be about what he's doing wrong or right in regards to his animals and customers. NOT his ability to type or proper English.

I may not RESPOND to the bad guy boi posts but I do READ quite a few of them. This one was just particulary disturbing to me how someone was treated only because of the way he was typing and then used as ammo to say that based on that alone he must be a bad guy? I don't know him or anyone so far that has responded to this thread but I'm not so sure I'd call him a bad guy for the way he types or even talks for that matter. I would think that taking good care of his animals and doing business correctly would be more important matters.

In my opinion, whether or not he is a bad guy is yet to be seen. However, I would agree that it does take more effort to sift through it all. Also, yes! I do absolutely believe that it's important for people to read these boi posts and reply if they have something productive to add, but I don't believe that this one has been handled well so far..... nor do I believe that it's shed any more light on the subject at hand other than cluttering it up with pages about how he can't type properly. Again, that's just my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #67
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteVoid View Post
Nigro51-why are you even sayin anything? From What i see youre slandering someone who did nothin wrong. This whole thread is dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilelover81 View Post
preach on with you slandering
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunreptiles View Post
I wouldnt help someone out that ran around slandering my name
Quote:
had nerve to post this and slander my name
You're not in very good company. Maybe you should avoid taking vocabulary lessons from certain people. In the simplest terms, slander is defamation that is spoken; while libel is written defamation. Of the two, which seems more applicable to an online forum? Not that either of them have any validity to this situation, as the person you were addressing did nothing but express opinions, which don't count as defamation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteVoid View Post
Buyer shouldnt have handed over the cash if he wasnt satisfied with the animal. Simple as that
While it's definitely a lesson learned for the OP, that doesn't inherently negate the relevance of anything in this thread. His mistake has given us the opportunity to see how Duron conducts himself, and with whom he's chosen to associate himself. Small consolation for the OP's having made the choice to purchase a sick lizard, but some good has come from it.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #68
NIGRO51
From the original post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerphade310 View Post
A month ago I had contacted Duron about wanting to buy a female frilled dragon to breed with my male , he told me that he didn’t have any for sale at the moment but referred me to his partner Matt
I have called ,texted, and emailed them this whole past week with no respond from either Matt or Duron , I lost $400 on buying this female and the truth is that I’m not bothered about the money ,it’s just the fact that they knew they were selling a sick reptile and they don’t care . I would hate this to happen to anybody else so please inform people about these guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerphade310 View Post
the only reason I know matt is because of him, and told me that matt was his business partner and that they represent the same thing when it comes to reptiles, so obviously I’m going to trust matt because Duron referred me to him as his partner .if Duron really cared about his rep as a hobbyist then he would of fixed this problem with matt and came up with a solution but nothing was done from his part also, so to me there both in it .
Duron..

Quote:
...i then told you i had a partner i breed with name Matthew ...
...i remember you wasnt sure if you wanted that frill so i told you if you wanted i can give you his personal number so you and him could workout a deal,
...i told him he could use my facebook to post a couple pics of a couple frills he was letting go of...
I dont see what you missed. Granted the OP should have seen that it was a sick animal from the beginning but Duron clearly said him and Matt were partners so they both share this thread. His terrible communication skills are the reason that this thread has not died yet.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #69
blackzilla
Lets end this nonsense!

I personally know Duron but I refuse to speak on behalf of any biases.

This is completely stupid that this post is going on.
First off:

1)The guy bought the animal In PERSON, If you cannot properly asses the heath of an animal in person, you should have someone more experienced to assist you. I always take a minimum of 10 minutes to fully asses an animals health and vitality.

2) Was Duron actually there with the animal selling it in person? NO. Was the animal on or in his property, NO.

3)Does Duron have a record of making shady deals with other customers? NO

4) Is Matt an idiot who knows very little about animal husbandry or anything really, YES. Maybe the only bad judgement Duron made, but it is not enough to post a bad forum on him, which ruins his reputation.

I have been in the reptile industry longer than most people on this forum, I have worked at zoos, research facilities, and have bred many types of animals. Out of all the places I have been and seen over the years, Duron takes excellent care of all of his animals, he is actually somewhat OCD with cleanliness and maintenance. He is not a person to burn bridges just to make a quick buck. He will actually keep animals that have been neglected by other owners knowing that know one else will give them a good home.
So please everyone STOP TALKING $h1T.

Always Ahmed J.
Aka blackzilla

Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #70
RaiCardoso
To be fair, i don't think I've seen any proof that the transaction was done in person other than the word of the accused. I may be wrong, but i didn't see any.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
frilled dragon