Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 241 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #2401
Mike (The M)
I stand corrected, Michelle.

Many congratulations to you on your success, it is well deserved. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #2402
tlmoon
Best news I've heard in a long time - well deserved win, Michelle!! Good for you for refusing to be intimidated and pushed aside. Congrats!!

Old 08-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #2403
Mister Internet
Excellent news! Congratulations on sticking with it and making sure Ty was reminded that just because someone thinks they are a big shot and used to getting their way by threatening, intimidating, and hiding behind sycophants, they are obligated to the same LAWS as the rest of us.

Good luck collecting... sounds like your lawyer has his crap together, he should be able to walk you through garnishment, liens, etc to get what's yours!

Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #2404
bcr229
Other points that Ty needs to consider if he doesn't pay up quickly once the time to file an appeal has passed:

- Outstanding judgements are a big negative on your credit report. That means you get hit with higher interest rates on loans and credit cards, your liability insurance premiums on homeowners, auto, and business insurance go up, etc.

- Outstanding judgements accrue interest; in FL the rate is about 5% right now. The rate gets recalculated every quarter.

So, if he digs in his heels and plays stupid games like he did during this case, he's going to end up with bigger bills in the end.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #2405
tlmoon
I was just wondering that Melinda, thanks for posting that. Seems like a no brainer for Ty to just pay it posthaste. Of course, giving a raffle winner the prize she won was also a no brainer. And we can see how that went....

Old 08-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #2406
Corey Woods
Congrats on the judgement Michelle!

Old 08-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #2407
Black Adder
Its been a long time coming and a hard rocky road but congratulations on all counts.
I would have loved to have been there to see Parks fall in person but I had to suffer on vacation in Alaska, its a hard life!

I would not worry too much about collecting, Florida is pretty aggressive on collecting debt especially court dictated ones.
Your attorney will know all of this, the only way Parks debt to you and your attorney will go from here is ever higher if he decides he is still going to try and play "God".

My heartiest thanks to you for sticking it out and showing this person and possibly now others of the same mindset that they are not above the law and that there are repercussions to be had if they think otherwise.

A great success story for you and herping in general!

Now enjoy those drinks you mentioned!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #2408
DavidBeard
Congrats, Michelle! I'm glad you prevailed in the end, and its nice to see real justice for once in this world. Karma (and evidence) is a beast!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #2409
thomas davis
yeah

how sweet it is, relish your victory michelle its WELL DESERVED . wheres tys defenders now?// even a moderator here (bob.w.) had advised you to give up but you didn't and you won, dats truly the good stuff ,,,, and to the people who defended ty or felt you should abandon your suit let this be a lesson THEY WERE/ARE WRONG , the end.
,,,,,,,,,thomas

Old 08-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #2410
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
how sweet it is, relish your victory michelle its WELL DESERVED . wheres tys defenders now?// even a moderator here (bob.w.) had advised you to give up but you didn't and you won, dats truly the good stuff ,,,, and to the people who defended ty or felt you should abandon your suit let this be a lesson THEY WERE/ARE WRONG , the end.
,,,,,,,,,thomas
I don't think Robert ever told her to give up.

I think Robert told her to stop letting this thread, and event, rule her life to the detriment of other things including herself.

That's definitely not the same thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu