Bad Guy "Superior Balls and Dragons"/Linda and Mark Carson - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #11
Lucille
BTW Chelsey, just this past November (in the U.S.) PayPal has changed its policy on an item that is paid for in more than one payment. You are now eligible for buyer protection if you do this. You might consider going ahead and opening a case.
Just curious: Did your seller require you to pay PayPal fees or did you volunteer to do so?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #12
bcr229
Venmo is just PayPal Friends and Family rebranded so the $100 deposit likely is not recoverable.

Have you had a chance to make a vet appointment yet?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I just sent Mark & Lisa a PM letting them know about this thread.
Fauna Account: mcarson
My PM was read by Mark this morning. Hopefully a response here or a resolution with the customer is forthcoming.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #14
charleshanklin
The hognose is also under weight in addition to the scent gland impact ion. Hopefully they rectify the situation.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #15
MissFirefly
Chelsey, the bulge appears to be a swollen/impacted scent gland (though should be confirmed by a vet), currently dealing with this in a boa constrictor surrendered to my rescue. In mild cases, a vet should be able to either palpitate the gland to express or make a small incision to drain.

Will also note that I highly doubt this "appeared" during shipping. They purposefully hid this and believe you deserve a refund.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #16
rcarichter
They have recently changed their business name to "I Heart Reptiles".

Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #17
MikeCurtin
This snake looks to be purposely positioned to conceal the swelling. Pretty deceptive.

100% health guarantee in their terms, so I'm interested to see if they stand by it. Guarantees are only as good as the seller issuing them.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #18
nickolasanastasiou
There is still a good chance here for the seller to salvage this to a degree, considering it arrived with the issue.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #19
RGMinc
Well they were notified of this thread two days ago and have not responded. Disheartening that people are fine with throwing their reputations away. Especially over something so easily resolved. If they are worried about infection they could just issue a partial refund and pay all vet costs at the least.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #20
Phil Bradley
Although it may be impossible to determine if the breeders knew about this issue before shipping (one could assume this is the case as it should have been obvious to anyone who gives a modicum of care for their animals) their unethical behavior after they were informed of the problem makes them someone to avoid at all costs. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!