Bad Guy I Heart Reptiles/Superior Balls and Dragons/Lisa and Mark Carson - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarson View Post
There has been good reason for no response on our part, we have been out of the country on a cruise ship with no internet access.
A responsible seller sets up people to take care of business issues while they may be unable to respond. It is on you to provide someone to handle issues that arise.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #32
mcarson
There has been good reason for no response on our part, we have been out of the country on a cruise ship with no internet access.

I am here to say that I have offered a full refund to Chelsey upon return of the snake as we value our reputation in the reptile industry. However I will stand my by my claim that I did not see any defects with this snake when I packed it. Had I noticed any problems with her I would NOT have shipped her and would have notified the buyer immediately. With this said I packed and shipped 3 snakes that day, had a lot on my mind since we were going away in 2 days, and may have just not noticed, or it may have been not as swollen and gone unnoticed and the problem escalated during shipping, high altitudes can have negative effects on things. Again I would never have shipped her had I noticed it, we are not in business to ship defective animals.

As for dealing with Chelsey, she notified me at 6:00pm on the night that I had already shipped the animal stating that she no longer wanted the snake due to her colony being infected with Crypto. She notified me via Morphmarket email, which I had not checked until the next day on Thursday 1/3/19. When I shipped the snake on 1/2/19 I sent her a text picture of the shipping label as well as Fedex notifications to her email for all steps of the delivery process, I dropped off at Fedex at 1:09 pm. Chelsey had my cell phone number this whole time and never bothered to contact me on it so that we could discuss the issue immediately. I had told her I would be shipping on the 2nd or 3rd because I was leaving town, she never objected to this.

On Thursday afternoon she again emails me on Morphmarket advising me of the tail issue and said she would like to send it back. I advised her I was unaware of any tail issue and only if she could send it back that day I would be home to receive it. She did not respond back to me until 8pm at night stating she would like to return when we get back. Now she has told me she has Crypto in her colony and there is no way I am allowing a snake to be in her possession for over a week to be retuned to me that could have possible exposure to Crypto, and I am not willing to give a $350 discount on a $500 snake (she asked for a discount to keep it). Once again, had she called me or contacted me much earlier on my cell I would never have shipped the snake in the first place.

Now that we are back from our cruise, I have bantered back and forth with Chelsey about this issue as she has provided me with proof that her Crypto tests have come back negative. I have offered her a full refund upon return of the snake and removal of negative remarks from all websites as our reputation is not worth this issue. Her last email to me was that she is not willing to return the snake without the refund first, which I have told her I was not willing to do.

As many of you may have experienced there are scammers and people who do not keep their word in this business. It is my reputation on the line here not hers, so I am not willing to lose my reputation, my money, and my snake. If she does not agree to sending back the snake first I am not going to deal with this situation any longer as I feel like on my end the damage has already been done. We have only ever had good trader ratings with our customers and will continue to as we move past this isolated incident, that I have tried to resolve admirably.

Also, Chelsey had already filed a PayPal dispute last week while we were gone. She knew we were leaving on vacation and would have no chance to reply or tell our story.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #33
Lucille
Quote:
She knew we were leaving on vacation and would have no chance to reply or tell our story.
You keep on trying to load responsibility that is yours, onto your customer. You should have someone handling issues for you while you are away.
By the way, who is writing, your post is signed 'Mark and Lisa' so it is not clear who is posting.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #34
mcarson
I now understand that the thread cannot be removed an I am fine with that, I have explained my position on this matter.

Also for those of you who commented on our name change, we changed our name on our FB page because we were no longer dealing with Bearded Dragons and Ball Pythons. Had we been trying to appear as a different company altogether we would not have referenced our old name in the title.

Once again, I would never have packed this snake had I noticed the problem nor would I have listed it for sale. This was not just a matter of Chelsey receiving a snake that had issues, she failed to contact me in a timely effective manner and I was leaving on vacation, and her communication to me was slow. How many of you would have accepted back a snake a week later in a situation with crypto? I am not here to go back and forth on the issue, I have offered the refund to her with the receipt of the animal back first and I stand by that offer. Whether or not she accepts it is up to her at this point.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #35
JColt
Ship the animal back and get refunded. While anything can and does happen but Mark has positive reviews and trade ratings. You have paypal as back up unless you did friends and family. They are offering to make it right, take it.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #36
Insomniac101
Quote:
I have offered the refund to her with the receipt of the animal back first and I stand by that offer.
Will you be sending her a pre-paid FedEx label for the return shipping?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #37
tlmoon
Quote:
Again I would never have shipped her had I noticed it, we are not in business to ship defective animals.

I am not willing to give a $350 discount on a $500 snake (she asked for a discount to keep it)
I wonder if this really is a $500 snake though, with the tail issue? I don't think the snake can be both defective AND a perfect snake worth $500.

In any case, mistakes happen, and I don't fault you for that, but it's how you handle it that makes or breaks you. It's great that you are willing to work with the buyer although I hope that you don't feel that you are doing her a favor, or that she is in some way at fault here. At the end of the snake you shipped a snake with what appears to be a significant problem.

If the buyer has already filed a PP dispute, she could go ahead and ship back to you. With proof that the snake has been returned, I would think PP would rule in her favor.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #38
tim brophy
I would not in a thousand years accept a snake back into my collection that potentially has been exposed to crypto. My understanding is that it can take several repeat tests to prove it is crypto free. Frankly, I would return her purchase price and just let her keep the snake.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #39
elena
I agree with Tim. The seller should take the buyer up on the partial refund and call it a day. Crypto is too scary to mess around with.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #40
orchidfern
After further discussion with the Carsons we have come to the resolution of a partial refund of $350 and I can confirm I've received it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!