Bad Guy (619) 928-6187 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Weldin810
Thumbs down (619) 928-6187

I posted a wanted ad here on fauna. I was emailed by someone using the name Nathan Lancaster that said he had 4 toads for $200 shipped. We talked through email, he then gave me his phone number.
When I texted him my phone said his location was the Cayman islands, it then quickly changed to California. In email he said he was located in West Palm Florida.
I asked if the weather was ok to ship, he replied "Yes located in West Palm Florida . Yes i accept paypal . Paypal : Skydiver1208@yahoo.com( method as a friend ) thanks Will Ship via fedex.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone"
The email he contacted me with was skinks77@yahoo.com

I googled all his info and I seen someone with the same phone number has been scamming people on lots of forums and classified sites. The name and email is always different though.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldin810 View Post
I posted a wanted ad here on fauna. I was emailed by someone using the name Nathan Lancaster that said he had 4 toads for $200 shipped. We talked through email, he then gave me his phone number.
When I texted him my phone said his location was the Cayman islands, it then quickly changed to California. In email he said he was located in West Palm Florida.
I asked if the weather was ok to ship, he replied "Yes located in West Palm Florida . Yes i accept paypal . Paypal : Skydiver1208@yahoo.com( method as a friend ) thanks Will Ship via fedex.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone"
The email he contacted me with was skinks77@yahoo.com

I googled all his info and I seen someone with the same phone number has been scamming people on lots of forums and classified sites. The name and email is always different though.

Check this out...

Lamar Clays Conmamn

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Check this out...

Lamar Clays Conmamn

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Bad Guy Lamar Clays Conmamn - FaunaClassifieds

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
crotaluskevin
He just tried to pull a similar scam with us called from this number 757-707-1954 said his name was Daniel George, was trying to trade us 3 Lewisi hybrids for 2 iguanas 1 albino, one red. At first he was in Virginia, then he was in St George Utah. Wanted us to ship to this address:

Derek Woodards
10 Eastmoor circle
Moorhead, MS 38761

He said it was shipping to his son, that's not too far from us so we asked if we could just meet and he said no because it was a present.

We asked him to send us a copy of his label before we were going to ship and it listed an address in St George Utah.

122 Martin Lane
St George Utah 84770

We googled the address and it doesn't exist so we started digging. He had the email address Skinks77@yahoo.com listed so we googled it and a few links pulled up leading us to several other places and here. He also sent us a label standard overnight and I feel like anyone who has shipped an animal ever knows it needs to go Priority or First overnight if you want to get it alive.

Luckily we aren't sending him anything. But we would have been out over a grand.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotaluskevin View Post
He just tried to pull a similar scam with us called from this number 757-707-1954 said his name was Daniel George, was trying to trade us 3 Lewisi hybrids for 2 iguanas 1 albino, one red. At first he was in Virginia, then he was in St George Utah. Wanted us to ship to this address:

Derek Woodards
10 Eastmoor circle
Moorhead, MS 38761

He said it was shipping to his son, that's not too far from us so we asked if we could just meet and he said no because it was a present.

We asked him to send us a copy of his label before we were going to ship and it listed an address in St George Utah.

122 Martin Lane
St George Utah 84770

We googled the address and it doesn't exist so we started digging. He had the email address Skinks77@yahoo.com listed so we googled it and a few links pulled up leading us to several other places and here. He also sent us a label standard overnight and I feel like anyone who has shipped an animal ever knows it needs to go Priority or First overnight if you want to get it alive.

Luckily we aren't sending him anything. But we would have been out over a grand.
This guy has 2 ads up in Iguanas:

danieledgeorge

Name : daniel george

Trader Rating: (0)

So is this guy the scammer? Or is his profile & name being used??

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #6
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
This guy has 2 ads up in Iguanas:

danieledgeorge

Name : daniel george

Trader Rating: (0)

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Never mind!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #7
Fatalis
I just got scammed by this guy. He contacted me through the number 757-707-1954 as Nathan Lancaster. I did try searching him before going through with the deal and couldn't find any information. The email he gave me to pay him was skydiver1208@yahoo.com and had the name Lamar Washington. He said he had an older axanthic green iguana in response to my ad here. Luckily I paid via goods and services so I can get my money back.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #8
Fatalis
Some more info, he told me that Lamar Washington was his son when I asked about the name not matching. He sent me pictures of a blue iguana through skinks77@yahoo.com.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotaluskevin View Post
called from this number 757-707-1954 said his name was Daniel George, then he was in St George Utah.
Quote:
Just a point of reference... Kevin unfortunately posted his phone number in a wanted ad, I do not recommend doing this for this exact reason. A scammer sits and waits for people to do this, they swoop in and "call" that number pretending to be the actual Fauna Seller.

Kevin almost fell for a classic scam, nothing of which would have had anything do with the real seller Daniel George. WARNING to all, do not post your phone number in ads. The safest bet is to say, "Contact me via Private Message", this way, at a minimum, you at least know they are a Fauna member and you know "who" is contacting you versus a random phone call.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
RaceSanchez
Good looking out and thank you for the advice! Maybe we should consider this thread as a Sticky. To warn others of random phone numbers and e-mail address's with a potential harm/scam!

Just saying.

Thanks, Mario-

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!