Inquiry Anthony Caponetto no delivery - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
coultrain
Anthony Caponetto no delivery

hello i have purchased a kritter keeper rack from Anthony Caponetto website. and it was said to arrive in 10 days so after 15 days i sent him emails with no return. every 5 day after sending the last email i would dend another. i have tryed sending hom emails from the contact me part of his website and a reply from the email he sent me when it was processed. im starting to get frustrated with this guy.

does any body have his phone number or somthing i can contact him with other than email because he dosent seem to reply to those.
here is the invoice for proof of purchase.

Invoice:

Anthony Caponetto Reptiles

Independence, Missouri 64055
United States
Web site: http://www.acreptiles.com
E-mail: anthony@acreptiles.com

INVOICE
Order: #10412
Date: 03/02/2009, 09:16 PM
Payment method: PayPal or Credit Card
Shipping method: Direct from Manufacturer

Contact information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First name: corbin
Last name: lambert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail: corbinele@aol.com
Phone: 310-457-5957

Billing address

Address: 28901 verde mesa lane
Address, line 2: -
City: malibu
State/province: California
Zip/postal code: 90265

Shipping address

ID Product Amount Unit price Subtotal
HC-SKK Baby Arboreal Rack - Small Kritter Keeper
Options: Heating Options: No Panels (Can be added later) 1 $159.00 $159.00

Subtotal: $159.00
Shipping Total: $14.95

Total Order: $173.95

Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
whimpyguns
i had a transaction with anthony about a year ago that went great. i recieved 2 yearling albino sinaloans in great shape. i just checked his business card that came with the snakes but no phone number, just the email that you already have. sorry i couldn't help.
mike

Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Very easy, if you paid with paypal or CC just dispute the charges for non delivery and they will credit your acct.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
mvite
There's a common theme of poor communication from this vendor.

Many of us have purchased nice animals from Caponetto, but some of us haven't had the best communication.

It will probably work out just fine. You could probably start a paypal claim to get his attention but then he might get mad at you.

Some of his groupies will be here shortly to tell you that he's busy and that you should understand.

Good luck.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by coultrain View Post
hello i have purchased a kritter keeper rack from Anthony Caponetto website. and it was said to arrive in 10 days so after 15 days i sent him emails with no return. every 5 day after sending the last email i would dend another. i have tryed sending hom emails from the contact me part of his website and a reply from the email he sent me when it was processed. im starting to get frustrated with this guy.

does any body have his phone number or somthing i can contact him with other than email because he dosent seem to reply to those.
here is the invoice for proof of purchase.

Invoice:

Anthony Caponetto Reptiles

Independence, Missouri 64055
United States
Web site: http://www.acreptiles.com
E-mail: anthony@acreptiles.com

INVOICE
Order: #10412
Date: 03/02/2009, 09:16 PM
Payment method: PayPal or Credit Card
Shipping method: Direct from Manufacturer

Contact information

E-mail: corbinele@aol.com
Phone: 310-457-5957

Billing address

Shipping address

ID Product Amount Unit price Subtotal
HC-SKK Baby Arboreal Rack - Small Kritter Keeper
Options: Heating Options: No Panels (Can be added later) 1 $159.00 $159.00

Subtotal: $159.00
Shipping Total: $14.95

Total Order: $173.95

well, i dont know what the situation is but i know his forum website is down also. something could have happened and he hasnt been online lately. if you look at the highlighted area, your payment was processed by paypal but does not show it has been recieved or removed. could you show an email where it has been taken out of paypal? paypal will show it has been removed from your account. i bought a computer 3 weeks ago and i still have not recieved it but i also havent been charged for it either even though i sent payment through paypal the day of purchasing.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
xanaxez
Oh, and it's no excuse for lack of communication but at this time of year is rather very busy for some of the larger breeders.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
charleshanklin
I has the almost the same thing happen with me when I purchased that rack. He doesn't have any in stock and doesn't make them. He only advertises for barrs cages and gets a comission. It took a long time to ge here and I confirmed the time frame before I paid and ordered for mine.

My suggestion is if you really want this rack than just ride it out and you will have it. I did not have a phone number and asked several times for a phone call. Still no excuse for lack of communication, unless he is still having some problems with his email.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleshanklin View Post
I has the almost the same thing happen with me when I purchased that rack. He doesn't have any in stock and doesn't make them. He only advertises for barrs cages and gets a comission. It took a long time to ge here and I confirmed the time frame before I paid and ordered for mine.

My suggestion is if you really want this rack than just ride it out and you will have it. I did not have a phone number and asked several times for a phone call. Still no excuse for lack of communication, unless he is still having some problems with his email.

he could be, i know his forum carpetpythons.net is messed up right now also. hopefully everything with him is ok. i'm going to wait for an email or something showing the payment was completed. paypal will show it as completed when the money has been taken from his account. right now all i see is it is processed so untill its actually received and completed the item hasnt officially been payed for yet so that would be no wrong doing between either of the 2 parties other than lack of communication.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
chequepoint
I tried to order some geckos from him last week, but never got a response to my email so I ordered from someone else.

The one thing I've learned in my short time in the reptile hobby that a quality website doesn't mean the person is actually legit.. I refuse to purchase from anyone without establishing personal communication first.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
daniellec
Anthony has been having issues with his e-mail for awhile now so I would e-mail him at his other sales e-mail address as well. I ordered geckos from him in the fall that arrived just fine and couldn't be happier. You may also want to contact the manufacturer of the racks to see what the deal is since he is acting as a third party.
Danielle Carter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!