Inquiry Anthony Caponetto no delivery - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 AM   #51
Eric@RacksAndReptiles.com
we have recieved a reply from ac and he says that the new boxes will be shipped out today

Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #52
goReptiles
Poor communication... Definitely agreed. At one time, it took months for a reply. I even switched to another email address thinking it was my email, and I got a quick reply saying he was sorry and would give me a deal bc of the poor communication and his email issues, but when I inquired about specific reptiles, I never heard back. It's been over a year. I've given up ever emailing him. I know the second email worked bc he replied right away; ask about the deal he offered and nothing...

Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #53
bakerl
Sorry, but my experience about a year ago buying geckos from him was the same. Very slow to communicate. Problems with his e-mail, yet those problems were suddenly fixed when I used this site to e-mail from. Keep trying.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #54
after months of waiting my show display finally arrived today. good right? NO! i opened the box and pulled the case from the cardboard and set it on my bed. it was packed perfectly with lots of cushion. after unpacking it i opened the lid and there they were....... BROKEN AND MISSING THE OPTIONAL SPACERS THAT I PAID $15 for. the edge of one of the boxes that was on top was broken off. but here is the clencher. i found the broken piece in the bottom of the box which means that it was broken at the manufacturer before or during packaging. any one who has purchased one of these displays knows that because of the way they are packaged layer by layer with foam and plastic sheets to space each row it is impossible for a piece of plastic that big to work its way from the top of the box to the bottom. i am really pissed. and to top it all off contacting ac again is impossible getting another message that he is not available for another 2 days to even talk to him let alone get this worked out. i feel that any one that is thinking about buying any kind of rack or display should turn and run. there is to many problems with his system for him to be selling anything that he doesn't keep on hand. this was not a shipping co. mistake i am certain. if anyone would like pictures of the broken displays pm me and i will show them to you

Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #55
mvite
Unreal---And I am sorry to hear of your bad luck.

He can't be contacted for 2 days? He's listed new items on KS.com within the past few days.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #56
mvite
Any updates?

Have you received your replacement rack or a refund yet?

Old 05-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #57
yep

he emailed my wife the tracking number today he said the replacement unit and the missing dividers are on the way and should be here tuesday.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #58
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@RacksAndReptiles.com View Post
he emailed my wife the tracking number today he said the replacement unit and the missing dividers are on the way and should be here tuesday.
Wow--seems like kind of a long wait---and really really crappy customer service.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #59
mvite
Well today is Wednesday. Have the replacements arrived safely?

I think the lack of replies here from Mr. Caponetto speaks volumes to future customers. If he won't reply here, you can't use the BOI to make him to the right thing.

I keep thinking about the email below posted in another thread that was authored by Mr. Caponetto. Correspondence like this---and other posts of his---really do a great job of framing Mr. Caponetto's "type".

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
fromAnthony Caponetto <anthony@acreptiles.com>
toShadera Lorrain <magickalmorphs@gmail.com>

dateThu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:20 AM
subjectBOI POST - CEASE AND DESIST

hide details 6:20 AM (8 hours ago) Reply

Shadera Lorrain
**** Street
Clarksburg, WV ***
Shadera,
You're obviously disgruntled and now you're doing what vindictive, disgruntled customers do...trying to disuade others from doing business with me.
Please keep in mind that I have a quarter million dollar a year (and growing) business to protect and I have every intention of doing so. I understand that this is all fun and games to you, but you're messing with my very livelihood by telling lies about my business in public. I'm here to tell you that I will not stand for this and I will not be nice about making you pay for this, should you continue. So ask yourself if you really want to spend the time and money to take me on in court over this, because that's where we are right now.
As instructed by my lawyer, I have to include the following..
Ref. Order #10372 placed on 1/27/2009 (Refunded on 2/12/2009)
This is an informal request to cease and desist, in reference to untruths you are telling about the above mentioned order placed with my business (Anthony Caponetto Reptiles dba ACReptiles.com), on the internet website, FaunaClassifieds.com.
The comments in question were made on 3/4/2009 and 3/12/2009 and may be viewed publically here <link to web page in question here> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=684793
Should you continue posting lies/untruths, or anything else that may be construed as libel and/or slander, you will receive a formal cease & desist letter from my attorney via registered mail. Should this escalate to that point, you will be asked to pay ALL associated attorneys fees before I withdraw my complaint. AGAIN - There will be no more warnings before legal recourse is pursued.
And in case you're wondering, I asked...if I have to spend money to send you a nasty-gram to get you to stop this nonsense, it's customary for the defendant to pay all legal fees as a condition to stop legal action. Please save us both some time (and yourself some money) and stop this now.
Sincerely,
Anthony Caponetto
www.ACReptiles.com
www.CarpetPythons.net
www.Ciliatus.com
Do you see the part where he's going to have her pay legal fees?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #60
YEP

i have recieved the replacment row for the on that is broken, and the spacers. he also sent and extra set of spacers and the glue used to repair the broken one and he is alowing us to keep the extra case free of charge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!