Inquiry joe1979 Banned but still posting for sale ads? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
tcp2
joe1979 Banned but still posting for sale ads?

I was interested in purchasing several large boas from Joe Lyons a week ago. The prices were really good, probably too good. He was in a hurry to get rid of them. He wanted to ship Fed Ex in 88 degree weather. I told him I was not comfortable doing that and the shipment needed to go Airfreight. I doubt 10-20lb. boas would be even remotely cost effective to ship with Fed Ex. I see he now has two more ads up, for a trio of boas and a trio of ball pythons. His account is now listed as banned. How is he able to still post ads if he has a banned account? In a boa for sale ad there is a back and forth with Joe and a potential buyer of Joe's snakes where Joe accuses the buyer of being unreliable, and the buyer says that he had to get paypal involved to get his money back for snakes that Joe never shipped him. Does anyone have dealings with Joe positive or negative? Thanks.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
hhmoore
Did you consider that the account was banned AFTER he posted those ads?

Old 08-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
hhmoore
Also, the Joe1979 account was just registered today...so he was using a different account, registered under a different name, when you were dealing with him a week ago. Hopefully, you didn't actually miss that part.
Red flags?

Old 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
hhmoore
For the record, the previous account was Landyn2013, and it was registered to "Landyn loyns". I'm guessing that that the registered the account under the name of his toddler son. He only registered the Joe1979 account in order to bypass the ban on Landyn2013.
Trustworthy? Not for me to say - but, with those antics, he'd never see a dime of my money.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
tcp2
Joe Lyon or Whoever who really is.

He had two phone #'s, at least three different names, and lots of stories. I was wondering if anyone sent him money for the snakes he had listed last week, and what happened to their orders? If he is now banned under his real(?) name, do the ads get removed?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:44 PM   #6
bcr229
Can you post the phone numbers, names, email addresses, etc?

Old 08-09-2016, 12:32 AM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
He had two phone #'s, at least three different names, and lots of stories. I was wondering if anyone sent him money for the snakes he had listed last week, and what happened to their orders? If he is now banned under his real(?) name, do the ads get removed?
I believe Joe Lyons to be his real name. The ads placed under the Joe1979 account show no contact information; and I'm not removing them at this time. (I likely will in the future)
For the record, neither account is permanently banned at this time...but neither ban will be allowed to expire until some issues are addressed.

[quote=bcr229]Can you post the phone numbers, names, email addresses, etc?/QUOTE]
Since nothing has been posted, yet, this is the information of which I am aware:
Landyn2013 "Landyn loyns" (it was Nickolas that figured out this is likely his son)
------------ Krystle Bair (significant other - no idea if she is actually a participant)
Joe1979 Joe Lyons

Joenkrystle1008@gmail.com (shows the name Krystle Bair)
Joenkrystle4eva@gmail.com

Old 08-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #8
Robert Walker
[quote=hhmoore;1932856]I believe Joe Lyons to be his real name. The ads placed under the Joe1979 account show no contact information; and I'm not removing them at this time. (I likely will in the future)
For the record, neither account is permanently banned at this time...but neither ban will be allowed to expire until some issues are addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229
Can you post the phone numbers, names, email addresses, etc?/QUOTE]
Since nothing has been posted, yet, this is the information of which I am aware:
Landyn2013 "Landyn loyns" (it was Nickolas that figured out this is likely his son)
------------ Krystle Bair (significant other - no idea if she is actually a participant)
Joe1979 Joe Lyons

Joenkrystle1008@gmail.com (shows the name Krystle Bair)
Joenkrystle4eva@gmail.com
This is the same guy as before, up to it again:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8&postcount=38
Previous account Bigjoejr79
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #9
hhmoore
Yup - that's him

Old 08-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #10
tcp2
He was really desperate to get money into his paypal account. Joe said he had to get rid of the boas quickly because they just found out his wife was having twins. When I tried to contact him said that he was in the middle of feeding his Gaboon vipers and would have to call me back. Odd, I would worry more about the vipers than the boas around children. After multiple phone calls and 75 text messages between us, I told him I was out due to the weather being to hot to ship and the snakes being too large to ship unless he used airfreight. "my wife is now upset and with her being this far along in the pregnancy its not gud(his spelling)." The guilt trip email made the deal seem even more likely to be a scam. Hopefully not too many people sent him money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!