Info Chameleon Forums dot com (Bad Experience) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #11
Lucille
Montana, my post was meant to nudge you into thanking ChameleonForum for being the way they are, and extending an olive branch to them and to apologize for your behavior. I believe you did not put sufficient thought into the efforts they are making.
It would benefit you in many ways to do so, both to show that even though you may not be keeping chams any more, you realize the efforts made by many in the cham hobby.
As well your name is quite unusual, I think it would be good to finish your experience here with courtesy.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #12
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterznu View Post
I have a situation that needs to be taken care of and was told to use the forums. No where does it say this forum is ONLY for discussion, so you're basically saying I don't belong there either. I disagree, it is a place where people go to learn, discuss, sell, trade and many others. Yes I was there to sell but that doesn't mean I am not supposed to be there. Also I was not there to sell for a profit I am actually taking a loss, they could have taken that into consideration. I also made it to 30 posts before they started deleting my threads and eventually banning me.
Did you consider sending a pm to the moderators asking if they would waive the posting requirement before all of the drama and violations? I've been on more than a few sites and even moderated one for awhile and requests before someone starts spamming threads with one or two word posts to "reach" a threshold were generally reviewed and honored. The reason many forums don't have a hard number of posts is because of exactly what you did to try and reach the requisite number of posts. One site I frequent even has a requirement of being a member for an unspecified period of time in addition to the number of posts before they can submit a classified ad as people were posting one or two word comments to every active thread and then some to try and make the threshold but even on that site pms requesting exceptions for similar reasons were often honored.

some comments

Ed

Old 09-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #13
bobcochran
Just to be clear: Chameleon Forums doesn't allow ANYONE to reply to classified adds in the classified section. You have to email or pm the seller. Op was allowed to post even without fulfilling the required membership criteria in the classifieds.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #14
tlmoon
OP, you were trying to sell chams as a newbie on a forum that doesn't allow that. They did nothing wrong. Instead of simply realizing your mistake and finding another venue for selling your animals, you decided they should bend their rules to suit you. When they stuck by their rules, you decided to bash them on another forum. All of this makes you look bad, not them.

You will find most people have been in the position of making a mistake themselves, and if you accept that you are in the wrong, man up and make it right, you will earn some respect. Otherwise, you look very unreasonable and no one is going to want to deal with you.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:23 AM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
OP, you were trying to sell chams as a newbie on a forum that doesn't allow that. They did nothing wrong. Instead of simply realizing your mistake and finding another venue for selling your animals, you decided they should bend their rules to suit you. When they stuck by their rules, you decided to bash them on another forum. All of this makes you look bad, not them.

You will find most people have been in the position of making a mistake themselves, and if you accept that you are in the wrong, man up and make it right, you will earn some respect. Otherwise, you look very unreasonable and no one is going to want to deal with you.
Exactly. The OP is not a child (remember my point about the unusual name? An internet search shows only 1 person with this name). As an adult, he needs to make this right, particularly when a search for Montana Haddad may bring up this thread.
Future acquaintances or even employers may read this thread, and they have a choice of seeing someone who realized that they did not treat the people at ChameleonForums right and apologized, or a person who had a tantrum at that forum, came over here to talk about it, and found that any expected sympathy for his behavior failed to materialize, and chose not to man up.
It is your choice, Montana.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #16
Chris Anderson
Thanks, Lucille and others. Its a shame that Mr. Haddad (having returned to Fauna numerous times since these posts have been made) is unwilling to look at the situation in a mature and logical manner. If he would, I'm sure he would realize that there is no excuse for the disrespect and abuse he showed to people volunteering their time to help him and maintain an orderly group under the terms he had agreed to, and that running off and starting a thread in an attempt to discredit those individuals by misrepresenting the facts to paint himself in a better light actually only makes himself look bad. His inability or unwillingness to do so leads me to believe his behavior must be indicative of some deeper rooted character flaw. As was indicated previously, there can't be many Montana Haddad's in the country, particularly located in Orlando, Florida, and Google is amazing at locating things that can be used in the future by employers, etc. It seems like a shame to me that this is the image he wants to leave behind, but that is his choice.

Thanks again for the support, everyone. I'm glad I was able to help clarify the situation so everyone could see what actually took place.

Chris

Old 09-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #17
Mistyck
Quote:
Chameleonforums has a rule where a member must make a certain number of posts before being allowed to post in the classified section. They do not state how many number of posts are needed and when asked they say there is no specific number. Other members chimed in saying it took them 30-50 posts. In my opinion that is a little ridiculous considering to hit that number would take an average person at least 3-4 weeks if not more. Keep in mind I am in a current situation where time is a big factor...
Your problem is what? If it's a rule, then follow it. Also, it's to make sure that bots/scammers can't come in and make short comments (like you said you did) in order to bypass the rule to try to make "for sale" posts to get at people.

It's not that forum's problem that you're in a bind where time is a factor. It's your problem that you didn't read and follow the rules. If you're in that much of a hurry to get rid of your animals then list them locally or find another avenue where you can be relieved of them sooner.

Quote:
I guess once the moderators started to see members agree with me the best choice of action was to eliminate me by banning me from the site. This action by them clearly shows they care nothing about the animals well being and one of the main reasons I am starting this thread to spread awareness of how bad that forum and it's moderators are.
How can you even say this (which I have made bold)? To me it shows the exact opposite. You're just ticked off that you were basically told that you weren't welcome because you couldn't follow rules.

Quote:
Sorry for the long vent but it had to be said, I hope this thread sheds some light on what kind of people are running that forum.
What had to be said? That you're acting like a child, or that you're deciding that your agenda is more important than the way they are choosing to run their website (which is their right.) If you feel you're wronged, then fine. But to me, you're just acting like a brat.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #18
fasterznu
Please delete thread, thanks.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
These threads are never deleted. And for good reason. Reading this thread gives valid information about the manner in which those participating approach issues. Those reading can make informed choices as to whether to deal with any of the parties.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #20
Chris Anderson
Quote:
Thats not how the BOI works. This thread is permanent and its content can not be deleted or edited. That means your attempt to twist and misrepresent the facts in an attempt to smear the forum and people that were trying to help you is here for good, as is your full name and the full account of your behavior for everyone to find and see. You chose to behave in the childish manner you did and then to post a version here that painted yourself in a better light, hoping that the complete story wouldn't follow you. Its convenient that when the reality of the situation was posted, you want the content removed (still refusing to acknowledge what you did wrong or apologize for it), but that isn't how this works. You might want to start reading the terms you agree to prior to joining these groups and posting nonsense on them without thinking about the repercussions.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!