Inquiry Steven Brenner Transaction - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:49 AM   #1
calebroad
Steven Brenner Transaction

Several months ago, Steven Brenner, who I feel is a reputable and honest reptile enthusiasts, became interested in one of my caramel 100% het snow turtles. Steven Brenner and I became good friends by phone and he said exactly what I needed to hear and I had no reason not to trust him. We openly agreed that I would send him my beautiful turtle, and later on, when his charcoal stuff hatched. He would send me charcoal turtles of equal value. He explained to me how huge and reputable he is in the reptile industry, so I felt honored to have a new contact, and I had absolutely no trust issues with Steven Brenner.

The trade Charcoal turtles could have been albino het, green het, charcoal, or whatever (same value). Anyway. I shipped off my turtle in good faith and with trust, since afterall, this guy has a reputation to protect, and its unlikely he would put the screws to me. Also I felt like him deceiving me, and then keeping my turtle was extremely unlikely.

He was happy with the turtle I sent and all was well. But as time went on, I started asking questions. And I began to hear from Steven Brenner less and less. There was always one reason after another from Steven, followed by another. I remained patient, even though this was obviously not panning out as agreed.

Over the past few months, I have called other people in the industry looking for advice on how to best handle this situation with the least drama as possible. Everyone said to keep my cool, and hope for the best. After several months had passed, I began trying to act firm with Steven, to in hopes that a resolution would draw closer. But he would immediately respond about how huge he is in the reptile industry and how I am not very well liked.

When I said that his huge reputation and my being "disliked" had no relevance to this deal, he stated that I had upset a moderator with whom I had never had any business dealings with before. Again, I just could not find relevance between this and the turtle deal. Anyway, it became one thing after another, Steven Brenner said that since I bought some charcoal turtles from another breeder, following our deal, it messed him up, but how? He could not explain how. Then he kept throwing out irrelevant comments that I simply could find no correlation to. Finally, as the third month of going in circles approached, I charged back about $400.00 through paypal, in desperate attempt to get back my stolen property, or at least, have an offer.

This made Steven Brenner mad, and just like with everything I say, he uses that as a justification for not completing the transaction. He promised if I would terminate the paypal chargebacks (they cannot be reopened) that he would send me a regular caramel and I was to just cut my losses.

Obviously, I wasnt happy, but I cancelled my chargebacks and agreed to accept the caramel by September 20th, and simply cut my losses. Afterall, I do not want the headache and hassle of any conflict.

September 20th came and went. Steven Brenner has a different explanation for every day of the week, and Steven Brenner has led me round and round and round. Eventually, I became upset after he continued to say "Chris, your not well liked", and the "he is huge in the reptile industry". My frustration boiled over and after three months, I suggested I would get the cops involved. Once again, he said my "threats" will ensure that I never see a penny, or my turtle. However, it was obvious that Steven Brenner was fishing for any kind of reaction from me, so that, no matter what I might say, he could throw it back in my face, and blame me for the theft, but also say "your not very well liked". But also he made other weird statements that caused me to believe this transaction was going to cost me huge.

So, I have laid out the facts here. Maybe I am not liked in the industry, and maybe Steven Brenner is so huge that he can steal a $4,000 turtle, and nobody will bat an eye.

But at the very least, I am sharing my story. No matter what Steven Brenner says, even if he says that I am the devil himself and that he the King of all reptile breeders. The fact still remains that I sent him the turtle, of which he acknowledges receipt, and he has offered me nothing, nada, zero, and he refused to put any timeline on anything. I feel very strongly I have been scammed. He will likely say that If I would not have done the BOI report, I would have gotten my turtles the next day, because that is the kind of stuff Steven Brenner has been saying for three months now.

I cannot judge Steven Brenner because I dont really know him. But we have done a transaction together, that has resulted, so far, in huge headache, anxiety, and the feeling of being cheated.

With any luck at all, Steven Brenner will make good on this deal, and we can part ways, and I personally would not do business with again. Also, I will admit that after three months of being led around in circles, I did become upset at times and demand the deal be completed. But regardless, Steven Brenner refuses to return my turtle, and no offer has been made to resolve the issue.

Im not placing judgement on anyone, but I have come to the BOI with a true transaction problem, and hopefully others can find this useful.

Chris Davis

Old 09-29-2016, 04:27 AM   #2
LauraB
Got texts or emails to support your claim?

I got no dog in this fight; I don't personally know you or Steven Brenner, though I know of past rep problems, Chris. Please post any texts / emails / written communication.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:47 AM   #3
95se5384
Me and Chris already came to a final agreement that I would send him a split scute snow in replacement for what he sent me.. Which will be in my possession shortly then shipped to him.. This entire boi post is about him wanting to stir things up for the sake of an argument.. I am going to spare all of you if any choose to even read a boi post from Chris all the details of this transaction because it would take days to read as well as post... All he has to do is be patient and the final animal we agreed on will be there.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:07 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
I cancelled my chargebacks
You could have possibly had a refund. You know that the case would not be reopened, and you knew after all this time that there were issues with this transaction, yet you cancelled the chargeback, that was not a good move.

Here is a post you sent to one of our moderators:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
You are not, and never will be on my level.

You do not have a great rep yourself as it turns out.

Take your subadult half inbred turtle and shove it.

You will never be on my level. You were lucky just be speaking with me.

Have fun living in your mommas basement and don't contact me again.

And just pray I don't come across you in person one day

Chris

Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
Feb 16 at 5:57 PM
You have horribly insulted and threatened one of the nicest, most intelligent, most polite member of this community. While I understand what you are saying, and agree, that even the worst among us deserves justice because turning one's back on someone because one does not like them is a slippery slope, I also feel that once readers read the thread the above quote came from and see your repeated, bizarre, unjust accusations, they may agree with my thought that you need to provide solid evidence in the way of emails, Paypal letters, etc. because the same sort of bizarre transaction attempt may be happening here.

After reading that thread you have zero credibility with me. You have attributed certain actions and statements to Steven, but because of your lying, threatening history (not simply because you were 'disliked') you need to provide some proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95se5384 View Post
Me and Chris already came to a final agreement that I would send him a split scute snow in replacement for what he sent me.. Which will be in my possession shortly then shipped to him.. This entire boi post is about him wanting to stir things up for the sake of an argument.. I am going to spare all of you if any choose to even read a boi post from Chris all the details of this transaction because it would take days to read as well as post... All he has to do is be patient and the final animal we agreed on will be there.
HE has not reported an agreement.

I would like to see email proof, because as I said, even someone with his history has a right to present their complaints, because members of the community can have a better understanding of whether they would want to deal with YOU. Why did you not honor the original agreement?
Merely because he may have issues does not mean that your issues should be ignored by future possible buyers.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:19 AM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Chris, were the chargebacks for this single transaction or were they for other transactions? I ask because the pluralization seems to indicate multiple transactions and PayPal involves the movement of money, whereas this deal (as outlined) was a trade. How does PayPal enter into this trade deal?

Old 09-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
BillZ
Is it me or is it becoming a trend to start these kind of post and not list them as "Bad Guy" posts? Is this site being used as some type of bargaining chip? A "Do as i ask or it will be a "Bad Guy" post next" type of post? Maybe I am wrong, maybe its just me.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Bill, that would be a topic worthy of starting a conversation and most appropriately discussed in the Site Assistance & Feedback Forum.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
95se5384
I didn't stick to the orginal trade deal because he changed his mind, and wanted something else I don't know how many times, but I made him an offer a couple weeks back for something and he agreed so when I receive the animal it will be shipped.. End of story

Old 09-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Several months ago, Steven Brenner, who I feel is a reputable and honest reptile enthusiasts, became interested in one of my caramel 100% het snow turtles. Steven Brenner and I became good friends by phone and he said exactly what I needed to hear and I had no reason not to trust him. We openly agreed that I would send him my beautiful turtle, and later on, when his charcoal stuff hatched. He would send me charcoal turtles of equal value. He explained to me how huge and reputable he is in the reptile industry, so I felt honored to have a new contact, and I had absolutely no trust issues with Steven Brenner.

The trade Charcoal turtles could have been albino het, green het, charcoal, or whatever (same value). Anyway. I shipped off my turtle in good faith and with trust, since afterall, this guy has a reputation to protect, and its unlikely he would put the screws to me. Also I felt like him deceiving me, and then keeping my turtle was extremely unlikely.

He was happy with the turtle I sent and all was well. But as time went on, I started asking questions. And I began to hear from Steven Brenner less and less. There was always one reason after another from Steven, followed by another. I remained patient, even though this was obviously not panning out as agreed.

Over the past few months, I have called other people in the industry looking for advice on how to best handle this situation with the least drama as possible. Everyone said to keep my cool, and hope for the best. After several months had passed, I began trying to act firm with Steven, to in hopes that a resolution would draw closer. But he would immediately respond about how huge he is in the reptile industry and how I am not very well liked.

When I said that his huge reputation and my being "disliked" had no relevance to this deal, he stated that I had upset a moderator with whom I had never had any business dealings with before. Again, I just could not find relevance between this and the turtle deal. Anyway, it became one thing after another, Steven Brenner said that since I bought some charcoal turtles from another breeder, following our deal, it messed him up, but how? He could not explain how. Then he kept throwing out irrelevant comments that I simply could find no correlation to. Finally, as the third month of going in circles approached, I charged back about $400.00 through paypal, in desperate attempt to get back my stolen property, or at least, have an offer.

This made Steven Brenner mad, and just like with everything I say, he uses that as a justification for not completing the transaction. He promised if I would terminate the paypal chargebacks (they cannot be reopened) that he would send me a regular caramel and I was to just cut my losses.

Obviously, I wasnt happy, but I cancelled my chargebacks and agreed to accept the caramel by September 20th, and simply cut my losses. Afterall, I do not want the headache and hassle of any conflict.

September 20th came and went. Steven Brenner has a different explanation for every day of the week, and Steven Brenner has led me round and round and round. Eventually, I became upset after he continued to say "Chris, your not well liked", and the "he is huge in the reptile industry". My frustration boiled over and after three months, I suggested I would get the cops involved. Once again, he said my "threats" will ensure that I never see a penny, or my turtle. However, it was obvious that Steven Brenner was fishing for any kind of reaction from me, so that, no matter what I might say, he could throw it back in my face, and blame me for the theft, but also say "your not very well liked". But also he made other weird statements that caused me to believe this transaction was going to cost me huge.

So, I have laid out the facts here. Maybe I am not liked in the industry, and maybe Steven Brenner is so huge that he can steal a $4,000 turtle, and nobody will bat an eye.

But at the very least, I am sharing my story. No matter what Steven Brenner says, even if he says that I am the devil himself and that he the King of all reptile breeders. The fact still remains that I sent him the turtle, of which he acknowledges receipt, and he has offered me nothing, nada, zero, and he refused to put any timeline on anything. I feel very strongly I have been scammed. He will likely say that If I would not have done the BOI report, I would have gotten my turtles the next day, because that is the kind of stuff Steven Brenner has been saying for three months now.

I cannot judge Steven Brenner because I dont really know him. But we have done a transaction together, that has resulted, so far, in huge headache, anxiety, and the feeling of being cheated.

With any luck at all, Steven Brenner will make good on this deal, and we can part ways, and I personally would not do business with again. Also, I will admit that after three months of being led around in circles, I did become upset at times and demand the deal be completed. But regardless, Steven Brenner refuses to return my turtle, and no offer has been made to resolve the issue.

Im not placing judgement on anyone, but I have come to the BOI with a true transaction problem, and hopefully others can find this useful.

Chris Davis

I really only have one thing to say here and yes maybe it is harsh but.....

Aint Karma A B#$ch.........

Old 09-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Is it me or is it becoming a trend to start these kind of post and not list them as "Bad Guy" posts? Is this site being used as some type of bargaining chip? A "Do as i ask or it will be a "Bad Guy" post next" type of post? Maybe I am wrong, maybe its just me.
I think that is a good observation.
There seem to be a number of artfully written posts of this nature designed to evoke sympathy, but provide few facts.

I am not so happy with posts like that.
I feel that if one uses the power of this site to affect reputations and to apply peer pressure to solve the problem brought here, the least one could do is leave some crumbs on information and a few facts so that the next person reading the thread has more to go on when making his own decisions about whether to deal with either party.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!