Mountain Horned Dragon - yearling enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Mad4You2
Mountain Horned Dragon - yearling enclosure

Here's the new set up for the yearlings...they had to give up their baby cage for the 11 new arrivals....the yearlings haven't settled in yet...it's always a huge adjustment when you move them to a different enclosure. They moved from the bedroom to the livingroom on top of all that...I'm having to put food in their mouth right now so they are a bit skinny. They'll recover from the trauma and eat like pigs again SOON, I hope!

This is a 55 gallon tank with the former cornsnake background that Jeff make for Nake, there's a bubbler and lots of vines and places to hang out. The temps are in the mid 70's up to a basking site that runs about 90, lot's of variation in temp for them. I'm using 2 10.0 UVB strips and a spot light for heat.

All 4 of them are in this pic

Stubbs

Orange and Willy D

Thanks for looking!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie!

That looks absolutely awesome! The lighting is great too! They look so happy & healthy. I hope that they are adjusting to everything well also.

Tracie

Old 06-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Mad4You2
Thanks Tracie....check out the babies new pics I just posted when you get a chance. The yearlings are still not moving around unless I move them, then they will eventually make their way to a perch. I'm putting red worms in their mouth and they eat them....they just get so traumatized when you relocate them. I think they are eating the crickets because the cricket tub is missing some but it could just be that they escaped.

I absolutely cannot understand how ANY of the WC's even make it through shipping. I did some rearranging with the adults this weekend and they are still not moving...although gobbling nightcrawlers hasn't been a problem for them.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie!

They are SO georgeous! So they don't relocate very well, huh? Poor things they stress easily.
I don't see how any of the WC dragons make it either, I suppose probably not too many of them do huh?
You are doing a fantastic job with your captive bred program.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!