BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 30 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #291
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
It's a healed fracture too. Any idea as to when the fracture occurred?
Good question... or HOW it happened?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #292
snake5007
Shipping can't really be used as an excuse in this case, so there's one thing off the list.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #293
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
It's a healed fracture too. Any idea as to when the fracture occurred?
Aside from your question, I think it eliminates a previous suggestion in this thread that the gecko may have been dropped while in the care of her new owner and rather obvious that it occurred at some point in Brandons care.

Marcia, I think its wonderful how you're taking such great care of those animals.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #294
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Good question... or HOW it happened?
Would it be a safe speculation to say that the injury is consistent with its lower body being pinched between a tub and a rack?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #295
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Would it be a safe speculation to say that the injury is consistent with its lower body being pinched between a tub and a rack?
Since I have never seen this occur in my nearly 13 years as a gecko breeder, I can only guess. Perhaps something heavy dropped on her? She got stepped on? I just don't have the answer for this case. She is such a pretty, sweet little gecko girl, and seems to have compensated for her injury and is thriving well. She is a little trooper, for sure. Someone will be delighted to have her as their pet... I'm already smitten with her!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #296
LadyGecko
Kudos to you Marcia for taking her on-I know that she is in the best of hands

Having received a Leo with a deformed front leg this past year-I can sympathize with Brittney

From the condition that you are both describing this gecko in-i know that I would have freaked out when I received her

I hope that the little girl has a speedy recovery and is well soon

The special ones do make their way into your heart quickly-I know-I also have an almost totally blind Leo too

I love my "Pet Leos"

Sandy

Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #297
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Since I have never seen this occur in my nearly 13 years as a gecko breeder, I can only guess. Perhaps something heavy dropped on her? She got stepped on? I just don't have the answer for this case. She is such a pretty, sweet little gecko girl, and seems to have compensated for her injury and is thriving well. She is a little trooper, for sure. Someone will be delighted to have her as their pet... I'm already smitten with her!
I used to use some really low tubs in a tight rack and I was always afraid that one of my leos was going to dash up at the last second when I slid/shoved the tub back into place resulting in a squish/crunch gecko. Sort of why I thought of that scenario, but I guess so many things aside from that could have caused the injury. Poor thing....however it happened...had to have hurt like hell.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #298
KelliH
Wait a iminute. Brandon, is that female the same Mack Snow Het Bell you got from Pat as a juvenile that you picked up from him in person, and then later on called him frantic because the gecko couldn't walk right? Then, Pat took it to the vet clinic where he worked and did some tests and/or an X-ray and it was found that the gecko had a broken pelvis? Is this female the same gecko as that??? Pat, any comments?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #299
KelliH
By the way, I know about the situation described above because Pat called me and told me about it right after it happened.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #300
Golden Gate Geckos
Kelli, do you mean to tell us that this little gecko, the Mack Snow het Bell that Brandon sold and shipped to Brittney, had a broken pelvis and Pat and Brandon knew it all along? Hmmm...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!