Stolen Pied Female Ball Python at the Carolina Reptile Expo in Raleigh, NC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Sushi Dragons
Stolen Pied Female Ball Python at the Carolina Reptile Expo in Raleigh, NC

I just wanted to inform everyone that we had a 120 gram pied female ball python stolen off our table during the Raleigh Expo this past weekend (May 5th and 6th). We immediately got the police involved and have a report on file. They are currently reviewing the security tapes of the weekend.

I will attach pictures of the python that was stolen. If you see her for sale, are offered her in trade, etc please notify me immediately. With shows every weekend all over the country, it's possible someone might try to flip her at another expo. Please be on the lookout. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
~Just Curious~
Yeesh, that's terrible! Some people... I'm very sorry to hear that, but I hope that the security tapes can shine some light on who would do such a thing. I've got my fingers crossed!

I know this may only be cold comfort, but I think the fact that she's piebald and has such a unique pattern may make it easier to identify if it does pop up for sale. It's fairly distinctive~
Assuming that the thief lives in counties near that show, I'd also keep an eye out on local craigslist and other such classifieds. He may think that he won't be recognized outside of the reptile circle.

I'm wishing you the best of luck with this case! Here's hoping that she gets returned to you 100% safe and sound and that the person who stole her faces justice~

Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
Skanakis
Could be sold...or held for breeding. Good luck getting her back either way. Its a shame. I hope the camera got it and you were at a good camera spot. Good luck.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Firebill
Hi Rachel,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Even though I don't keep ball pythons, I will definitely keep an eye out.

Bill

Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
smoothy 425
Not sure if this is close but the price made my red flag go up.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pet/3821826676.html

Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy 425 View Post
Not sure if this is close but the price made my red flag go up.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pet/3821826676.html
not the same snake, but good to keep your eyes open!

I hope the stolen pied can be recovered.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #7
driceftw
Late posting but after recent reptile passions theft I found this CL post with stupid prices. A female pied is listed. Http://Greensboro.craigslist.org/for/4546108594.html

Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
driceftw
Quote:
Originally Posted by driceftw View Post
Late posting but after recent reptile passions theft I found this CL post with stupid prices. A female pied is listed. Http://Greensboro.craigslist.org/for/4546108594.html
*edit* didn't realize date of posting, just helping the community.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!