Jim Rolstad, Charms beardies and balls: Paid, recieved nothing - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagini
Well I just got a response from him:

Alisyn -

Please accept my apologies for this. Your order somehow got overlooked. I know this just sounds like an excuse, but I was hospitalized and had to have surgery during the past couple of weeks.

I took your order to the Post Office today and sent you 6 oz. instead of the 5.

If you order from me in the future, remind me about your first order and I will give you more than what you pay for.

I'll post if I have any more updates
Hopefully you will get it this time.
Please update this thread when you get your goods.
Many make these promises and never follow through, let's hope Mr. Rolstad is one of the good guys.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
Nagini
Yes, I'll keep an update if I get anything, I e-mailed him back asking why he told me it had been sent out the 17th when it wasnt

Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
John E Dove
A couple of mornings ago I sent the following to Mr. Rolstad;

To: 'chamsbeardiesballs@yahoo.com'

Mr. Rolstad,

A complaint has been made against you on the Fauna Board of Inquiry which could affect you future business if left unanswered.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=107727

I am sure there is some misunderstanding involved which could be easily cleared up with your response.

Sincerely,
John E Dove

__________________________________________________ ________

I just received the following email in reply;

To: John & Rhonda

John -

I do appreciate the fact that you notified me of this complaint. However, I am not a member of this forum and at this time have no desire to register as one. Though I would not expect the complaining customer to do so, I would hope that they would proceed by posting the info in my replies to them (since they logged their initial complaint). Furthermore and only after receiving their order, though justified at the time, I would also hope they would remove their complaining post. They have been more than patient throughout this transaction and I feel they will do the same as I have tried to do and make this right. Their order was supposed to have been sent within a reasonable time frame, when I had told them that it was on the way but in fact had not yet been sent...a perfect example of the adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself". They have since been notified that not only has their order been sent recently and though the circumstances were beyond my control, I added 50% to their order . This entire situation was an abberation and does not represent how business is usually conducted. Bottom line - I informed them that their emails were not ignored as it would have appeared, but that I was hospitalized and had to undergo surgery. Only over the last few days have I begun replying to the accumulated emails.

You appear to be a moderator or have some close association with this forum. I would appreciate it very much if you would post the pertinent info I have given you.

Thank you,
Jim Rolstad

Thanks for your interest.

Jim Rolstad
"Chams, Beardies & Balls"
Every specimen is Captive Bred & Born

__________________________________________________ ____________

As requested I have now posted his response and will be informing him of this post as well as the fact that Ms. Hertrick did indeed inform everyone of his generous settlement offer regarding this mistake.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
John E Dove
Just to keep everything out in the open, I sent Mr. Rolstad the following reply;

Sir,
As per your request I posted your reply to me. Ms. Hertrick had already informed the board of your generous settlement offer in this matter.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d=1#post571460

Your response to me, Ms. Hertrick’s post and her final confirmation post, upon receiving your product, will go a long way toward establishing you as a reputable dealer in the eyes of the Reptile Keeper, Breeder and Dealer community.

The thousands of members of the Fauna Web Site cover the whole spectrum of reptile enthusiasts from the general hobbyist to those who import reptiles from all over the world. I am sure that you would recognize some of the members as being some of the top breeders of reptiles in the United States and possibly the world depending on the species. There are also members from many other countries who participate in the various forums as well as on the BOI.
If you have the time I would encourage you to join, if for no other reason than to know a little better others in the industry.

I myself am just a minor member of the Fauna community and have no position of authority of any kind on the Fauna Web Site or the BOI specifically thus have no ability to remove said thread were it even permitted. Posts made to the BOI never go away but remain for anyone in the future who is wishing to research a dealers business practices.
I and others have found this a very handy tool in the past that has saved me from making the mistake of attempting to make a purchase from dishonest dealers.

I am sorry you have been under the weather and wish you a quick and total recovery.

Sincerely,
John E Dove

Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #15
Nagini
Thanks John for following up and e-mailing him, I just recieved 6.15 oz of the cricket water today via the mail. I'm sending them an e-mail now letting them know

Old 01-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
John E Dove
YAY!!!!!!!
I am so happy that it really was just a simple mix up on his end. Guess we can put this guy down as someone that can be trusted to make good on any problems.
I love it hwen everything works out and someone proves themself to be a Good Guy.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
Nagini
Yeah, me too. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!