Curt Johnson dies,Bobbie Kaszey, Crawford, Edwards and Facci Steal his snakes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
John E Dove
Mr. Brown,
You seem to have some knowlege not yet disclosed, what is your connection with all this.
Were these pictures Mr. Johnson's
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...r=1124&cat=500
If so then it would seem he did venture onto internet forums to some degree.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
Snakeman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Mr. Brown,
You seem to have some knowlege not yet disclosed, what is your connection with all this.
Were these pictures Mr. Johnson's
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...r=1124&cat=500
If so then it would seem he did venture onto internet forums to some degree.

John, aside from the photos that he had on Kingsnake.com, that was it. He never posted, let alone got into pissing matches online. I knew Curt from my brief time in Florida. He use to breed Chondros, and I he gave me some tips a few years back on how successfully get the eggs to hatch. He called me from time to time after my move two years ago or so. My version comes from other hobby members that were close to Curt.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #13
kmurphy
This is a little absurd

Quote:
My version comes from other hobby members that were close to Curt.
The thread was started on hearsay and now it is being answered from hearsay. What happened to the third party rule?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
can we get an IP check on the OP?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #15
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
The thread was started on hearsay and now it is being answered from hearsay. What happened to the third party rule?
Unfortunately, Kevin is right.

While I really feel for the family, regardless.....all we have is he said/she said about all of it, unless someone directly involved, such as a family member posts, it really doesn't belong on the BOI.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
E2MacPets
The thread was already posted with the wrong title and allowed to be reposted.
Right now it appears it is considered acceptable while we get to the bottom of this?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #17
LauraB
In agreement with other posters:

Rob Tieman, post #6 -"The family did not know the true values and only found it out another of Curt's went over there to offer a hand to the family with the daily care of the snakes. It was told to him (and later to me) by the family what had taken place and who did it."

Jason Brown, post #12 - "My version comes from other hobby members that were close to Curt."

Allegations based on heresay. While there may be truth to the allegations, there are no solid facts yet presented. Thread is teetering on dangerous ground, IMO.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 01-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
harveysherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
In agreement with other posters:

Rob Tieman, post #6 -"The family did not know the true values and only found it out another of Curt's went over there to offer a hand to the family with the daily care of the snakes. It was told to him (and later to me) by the family what had taken place and who did it."

Jason Brown, post #12 - "My version comes from other hobby members that were close to Curt."

Allegations based on heresay. While there may be truth to the allegations, there are no solid facts yet presented. Thread is teetering on dangerous ground, IMO.

~ Laura Bolt
I personally think that if the FWC is involved this should have waited until the investigation is over. That way Public info Can be collected. Then If things turn out true. Then Oh well they asked for it. I'm not saying I doubt it and I honestly feel for his Family. I will mention them in my Prayers. My heart goes out to his family. I am sorry for their loss. I just hope this doesn't hurt them more.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #19
GLADES HERP
BS

It has been brought to my attention you have a thread criticizing my partner Robbie Keszey and Glades Herp for taking snakes from Curt Johnson’s family after he committed suicide. The truth is another friend of Curts took all the snakes and cages at Curt’s mother’s request. We don’t have any of the snakes. Robbie Keszey is attending the funeral this afternoon. Robbie has been a close friend of Curts for many years and would never do anything to hurt or disrespect Curt’s family especially when they are going through the horrible experience of losing their son. Please put a stop to this bullshit as it is not true.
Best regards,

RobRoy MacInnes

Glades Herp Inc.

4258 S.W. 52 Terrace

Bushnell, FL. 33513 USA

phone: 352-568-1713

fax: 352-568-7639

robroy@gherp.com

www.gherp.com

Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
taphillip
Curt was a very close friend of mine and you can add me to the hearsay if you like. I'm the zoo guy Curt sold a Golds Tree Cobra too in November.

I have to post on this as this is the last thing Curt would have wanted, internet crap. Thats all this thread is.

Curt called alot of his friends the weekend before his death, including me and unfortunately, I did not get to speak with him.

Facts: Curt SOLD most of his collection to Robbie at Glades this fall. Look at Robbies MySpace page and you will see most of Curts snakes there.
Gold Cape Cobras, Gaboons, Water Cobras. His male King Cobra was sold to a zoo in Texas. etc. My zoo Bought a male Golds Tree cobra from him.

Fauci and Keszey had nothing to do with any of it after his death.

So MOST of his collection was sold by Curt. When he died there were only a large handful of snakes left.

Two people picked up all the snakes and cages at his moms house, one for sure did not have a venomous permit, I don't know about the other.

I spoke with his mom and she said they did not want any money for his snakes but appreciated all the phone calls from his friends. Though whatever happens to any of the remaining snakes, the money should go to his family, whether they want it or not. As thats what Curt would have wanted. Period.

FFWC confiscated his snakes from the non permitted person and placed them in a licensed facility yesterday. Hopefully, none of the snakes were sold before FFWC got involved. If so, I hope they track them all.

Investigation is still ongoing.

So shut this thread down... Curt would have been furious to see this crap!
Terry Phillip
thegatorboy@gmail.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!