Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
mdc
Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money

Here is a brief overview of my dealings with Adam at Millennium Morphs, followed by emails to prove my case. I understand that Adam has a good reputation in the business, so I will do my best to prove my case. I am not calling him a bad guy, but I am hoping you all can help me get my money back.

Summary:
On Thursday, May 26, 2005 Adam from Millennium Morphs ran an ad for multiple boas, one of which was an adult female dh sunglow for $2600. I emailed him to inquire about her, and at the same time did a search here on the BOI. I had heard good things about him, but checked the BOI to be safe. There were nothing but good comments, so I made Adam an offer of $1500 and the remaining $1100 to be paid off within 60 days. Adam accepted the offer and I called him on May 27, 2005 to pay the $1500 deposit with a credit card.
I then mailed a personal check in the amount of $500 on June 09, 2005: now leaving a balance of $600. The last $600 was mailed out on July 11, 2005, but was not cashed until July 27. After mailing the check on July 11, I still hadn't heard anything from Adam by August 9, so I emailed him to make sure he got the payment and to see when he could ship. He emailed me back the same day saying that the check should be cleared and that he would be shipping soon. I gave him a week before asking him when he would ship again on August 16. He replied two days later saying that he was busy with Daytona now, and would get back to me.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt again and never heard back from him. So on September 1, I emailed again asking for him to ship. Also, I made many phone calls in this time, but he never answered or returned my messages. I finally got a reply on Friday, September 15 stating that he would ship on Monday. I returned his email stating that that was fine and to please send a tracking number. I never received a phone call or email by Monday night, so I called multiple times to no avail. Since I didn't know if he shipped or not, I took Tuesday morning off of work to wait, but of course no delivery. I finally got a hold of Adam and he stated that he didn't ship because he didn't hear back from me. At this point, I told him that I was tired of playing his games and that I wanted a refund. He also stated that he didn't know why I was so upset since we agreed to shipping after Daytona and it had only been a month. A month is a long time when you want to breed her that year. This refund was promised ASAP on September 21. After not getting my refund again, I emailed him to let him know that I should not have to wait for the animal to sell to get my money. He replied that he doesn't give cash refunds unless he can't produce the animal. Since I changed my mind, I would have to wait. It is now October 17 and I still don't have my money. Please help.

Matt Crabe

Emails:

>-----Original Message-----
>From: mdcrabe@hotmail.com [mailto:mdcrabe@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:35 PM
>To: info@millenniummorphs.com
>Subject: Message about: *ADULT BOA MORPHS*
>
>
>Hi,
>I am very interested in the dh sunglow female. Could you please send me
>a pic of her and a pic of the normal het females. Also, would you
>consider any type of payment plan on her with say $1000 or $1500 down
>and the balance to be paid off within 60 days? Thanks, Matt

From: "info@millenniummorphs" <info@millenniummorphs.com>
>To: mdcrabe@hotmail.com
>Subject: RE: Message about: *ADULT BOA MORPHS*
>Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:41:46 -0400
>
>I can do a payment plan with $1,500 down. And the balance due within 60
>days, yes. But I would need to get it done asap, because I do not want
>to hold here for too long. There will be a lot of interest in her. I
>already had an email for a pic of her a little while ago. Please let me
>know ....
>
>We accept all major credit cards if that will help..Thank you

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:03 PM
To: info@millenniummorphs.com
Subject: RE: Message about: *ADULT BOA MORPHS*

I really want her, but I would really like to see a pic of her. At the same time though, I don't want to miss out on her, so if you can guarantee that she is at least a pretty nice looking hypo, then I'll take her. I just don't want her to turn out to be one of those hypos that you can hardly even tell is a hypo, if you know what I mean. I can send the $1500 via paypal, or if you send me your number, I can call you and give you my CC number over the phone.

Also, do you have any other info on her such as who produced her, how long she is, and how much she weighs. Also, was breeding attempted with her this year?

Thanks,

Matt Crabe

Sent : Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:20 PM
To : 'Matthew Crabe' <mdcrabe@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Message about: *ADULT BOA MORPHS*

| | | Inbox

I did put my jungle het albino with her this year but she was a little small. She is defiately a god looking animal. You can definately tell she is a hypo. I will try to get you pics.....What was the list price on her that you saw and how much did you want to put down. Let me know ...Thanks

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:34 PM

The price was $2600 and I was going to put $1500 down. Let me know if that is okay.

Sent : Thursday, May 26, 2005 3:44 PM

| | | Inbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : DHfemale.JPG (0.31 MB)

Yes that is fine....You can put down $2,600. Let me know what you want to do. I have other parties extremely interested in that animal. She is a popular one......Here is a pic.

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:03 PM

I like the looks of her, but your last email confused me. You said that I could put down $2600. Your ad said that the total price was $2600 and we had agreed to $1500 down with the remaining $1100 to be paid off within 60 days. Am I missing something? If this deal is still okay, I will definately take her. I can paypal the $1500 tonight, or I can call you with my CC number. Whichever you prefer.

Thanks,

Matt Crabe

Sent : Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:08 PM

| | | Inbox

I am sorry, I must have made a mistake. I have been going crazy responding to the post. I did mean that you can put down $1,500. and pay off the other 1100. I marked her sold for you...If you can, email me the credit card info. Tonight would be best ifthat is ok with you .....

Name on card
cc#
exp date
Sec code on back 3 digit to the right
Billing address on card....

Thank you
631-831-0078

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:42 PM

I'm not comfortable sending that info through regular email. I tried calling but just got a recorder. You can call me at (925) 212-1039.

Thanks,

Matt

Sent : Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:51 PM

| | | Inbox

ok no problem . I will call you in the morning

Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:45 AM

Hi,

I would like to make a payment towards the $1100 I owe you for the adult dh sunglow female. I would like to send a personal check since it will have plenty of time to clear while I finish paying her off. If this is okay with you, please let me know who to make the check out to and where to send it.

Thanks,

Matt Crabe

Sent : Thursday, June 9, 2005 10:46 AM

| | | Inbox

Millennium Morphs.
PO Box 750
Wading River NY 11792

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 4:06 PM

Hi Adam,

I'm am mailing out the last $600 I owe you on the female dh sunglow. Once you cash the check and it clears, please email me or give me a call so we can arrange shipping.

Thanks,

Matt Crabe

(925) 212-1039

Sent : Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:40 AM

| | | Inbox

no problem MAtt

Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:48 PM

Just wondering if that check cleared yet. I saw you cashed it on 7/27. Let me know when we can set up shipping.

Thanks,
Matt Crabe

Report Junk E-Mail
Report and Block Sender

Sign in
Sign out

New Instant Message
Add Messenger Contacts
Messenger Options

Sent : Tuesday, August 9, 2005 5:20 PM

| | | Inbox

I think it should be cleared. I will be sending it soon. I will let you know. Please send me you shipping info. Thank you

Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:37 PM

When will you be shipping?

Sent : Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:05 PM

| | | Inbox

I will call you ..........Busy this week with Daytona and all.

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:27 PM
Subject: Shipping of my DH sunglow

Hi Adam,

I emailed quite a while ago to inquire about when you would ship my adult female dh sunglow but haven't heard back. She has been paid off for quite a while now, and I would like to get her here and into quarantine so I can breed her this year. Please contact me so we can arrange shipping soon.

Thanks,

Matt Crabe

(925) 212-1039

Sent : Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:28 AM
Subject : RE: Shipping of my DH sunglow

| | | Inbox

Matt, sorry I was out of town again....I will ship the animal MOnday........If that is ok with you .....My email was down and I just am getting the emails now. Call me if you need me ...631-831-0078...My phone will be on and I should have service...Thank you

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Refund for my DH sunglow

Adam,

Since you don't answer your phone or return messages, I will try email again. I took the morning off work to wait for the dh sunglow because I didn't know if you sent it or not. Communication on your part has been horrible throughout this deal and I am very dissatisfied with this entire transaction. You have already cost me a half days pay by not telling me if you shipped or not and I will not allow you to cost me any more money. You have failed to follow through on your end of this deal and I am now asking for a full refund of $2600. I will not accept the animal any more. If you ship her, I will not accept the package. Please send my $2600 to Matthew Crabe at 17 Rodgers St. Vallejo, CA 94590.

Please send me an email to confirm that you got this message and please tell me when you will refund my money. I expect to have it in my hands by the end of the week as you have had it for way too long without sending me my animal. I feel as though I have just loaned you money for months and got nothing in return. I am thoroughly disappointed with your customer service. Please respond ASAP.

Matt Crabe

(925) 212-1039

Sent : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:47 PM
Subject : RE: Refund for my DH sunglow

| | | Inbox

I had just received your email and have a couple of words in my defense. I spoke to you earlier and you said you emailed me, so I checked. First of all, I appologise for the small delay. The last payment I had received from you was deposited in the beginning of August. I told you I was busy with Daytona and all, you said OK. I have been super busy with shows since then and have been slacking off with my emails, because I have had no time. But I was shipping this week like I told you. You had purchased this animal MAY 26th and I finally received your final payment in July or August. If you recall I did not call you once to bother you for money. That is the main reason why I do not understand why you are so upset that you did not receive your snake yet. It is mid september and it was going out. We agreed that you would receive it after Daytona and it has been just about a month. So you did not loan me money for a snake you didnt get, you paid me in dribs and drabs for months. Which I was kind enough to accept, even though I had the animal sold to 10 other people the same night for full payment instantly. I am not angry at all and will give you your money back in full, But I want you to understand I tried working with you as much as possible and got a little busy this last month and was getting you your animal this week until you cancelled the order. So please understand and accept my appologies for what there worth. I am reselling the animal and will be selling it for alot more than you paid. If I get alot more for the animal, I will pay you for the 1/2 day of work that you missed due to our miscommunication. I didnt want to ship the snake without hearing from you. And it was my fault that I didnt ceck my mail. So I will try my best to make it up to you.
I will refund your money asap. I think I already sold her. I am just waiting for a response. I will post her tonight and hopefully sell her by the end of the week. Once again I am sorry and will make it up to you ........Thank you

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: Refund for my DH sunglow

Well, I would like the chance to defend myself also. It is true that you were kind enough to accept a payment plan, but I definately held up my end of the bargain. I gave you a $1600 deposit over the phone, followed by two payments of $500, which were actually payed off prior to the 60 days that was agreed upon, so I wouldn't call this drips and drabs over months. I sent the last payment in July, so you have had payment in full for almost two months now. Also, agreeing to receiving the snake after Daytona, didn't mean a month after (that seems obvious to me). All I was looking for was a little bit of communication on your part. I feel that you should have at least called or emailed and said that you were too busy to ship, instead of ignoring my calls and emails. I realize that you didn't call me asking for money, but that is because I kept in contact with you and made payments on time. You never would have heard a word from me if you had sent the animal in the two months after she was paid off. My plans were to breed her this year, but after all this time, she will still be in quarantine here, and therefore useless to me until next year.

I hope you understand my position. I'm really not trying to hassle you, but $2600 is a lot of money to me and it upsets me when you have my money but won't send my aniimal, email me, or return calls. If you didn't have a such a good reputation, I would have sworn that I was getting ripped off. Like I said before, a little bit of communication on your part would have made me feel a lot more comfortable with the whole thing. Just my opinion, and I truly am sorry for any inconvenience.

Matt Crabe

Sent : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:10 PM

| | | Inbox

Matt you are 100% correct. And you did hold up to your end of the bargin. You are a stand up guy for that and you are right , that is why I never called. It is my fault for not being in contact a little more with you and appologise for it. But it has been so god damb hectic around here it is not even funny. I will give you a full refund and hopefully pay for your 1/2 day of work that you have missed. Once again I am sorry for the delay. And just for the record I would never rip someone off. I am glad you felt confident about that.......Sorry once again. I WILL be in contact with you in regards to your refund. I have a possible sale on her as we speak.......Thank you

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:06 AM
Subject: RE: Refund for my DH sunglow

Adam, I appreciate the response, and I wasn't trying to call you a bad guy or anything. I was just trying to give you my side. Anyhow, there is no need to pay me anything over the $2600. It is a nice offer, but not necessary. I'm not looking to get anything out of you. I was just tired of not getting any response to phone calls or emaills.

Matt

Sent : Thursday, September 22, 2005 2:38 PM

| | | Inbox

I hear ya, and I do not blame you .....I have been over loaded with work lately and never around. I understand......If I get mre for her I want to pay you for your time that you took off. Please that is the least I can do.......I will keep you posted.....Thanks

Sent : Monday, October 10, 2005 6:26 PM

| | | Inbox

Matt, I just wanted to touch base with you. I think the animal has sold. I am letting her go for $3,000. I will keep you posted. The only reason I am waiting until she is sold is because I could have shiiped her to you and you would already have had her by now. I was going to ship her out to you when you told me you wanted a refund and she would be in your possesion already. I usually only refund cash if I do not have the animal for my customer. Like if it was an animal from a litter I was expecting that never produced or something. I new I could resell this girl quickly, that is why I said i would refund your money. Personally I think you should have taken the animal and if you did not want her anymore you could have resold her for a good profit. I sold her to you extremely cheap. Anyway, I will be in touch and send our your money as soon as it comes in. Thnak you ......

It is now October 17, and no more contact with Adam so far. I just want my money refunded as I feel I loaned him this money and never got anything out of it. I'm tired of playing his games and just want this to be over with. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Please let me know if there is something I failed to include and I apologize for such a long post.

Matt Crabe

Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
cthulhu77
Sounds like somebody got their head in to some deep water !!! The animal should have been shipped, or a refund sent within ten working days of final payment...that is fairly standard.

I really hope this works out for you, either snake-wise, or money-wise.

greg

Old 10-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
It looks as if you have all your ducks in a nice little row. He said he would send the refund on Sept 21st. I would say waiting over 3 weeks for it to arrive is a bit excessive.

Send him a link to this thread. Perhaps he will come here and explain why he has put you off for so long on the shipping and the refund.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
mdc
Email sent

I already sent him a link to the thread. See below.

Matt Crabe

Report Junk E-Mail
Report and Block Sender

Sign in
Sign out

New Instant Message
Add Messenger Contacts
Messenger Options

Sent : Monday, October 17, 2005 3:00 PM
To : info@millenniummorphs.com

| | | Inbox

Since I still haven't seen any money from you, I started this thread about you on the BOI. Hopefully you will do the right thing and get me my money now.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=72663

Matt Crabe

Old 10-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #5
cthulhu77
I am sure he will get you your refund or serpent...it sounds like he let himself get a little too busy with everything, and is overwhelmed. That does happen...but you are in the right.

best,
greg

Old 10-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
SPJ
There is no reason to be "too busy" to refund a payment.

That should have been done right after he said he would refund it.

Holding onto the funds for this long because you are busy is poor business.

I hope you get the full refund ASAP.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
KNOBTAIL
a rather remarkable feat for someone to get paid

in advance and not be able to ship because they are waiting for potential business in Daytona.

I would contact an attorney or take him to small claims court . Its unfortunate that under the best of circumstances , prepaying in full , a creep like this not only has the worst business ethics, but does not seem to care one way or another. Take whatever action is necessary, but get your money back, forget the snake. Secondly, notify the credit card company and at least salvage some of your money.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
Chris@TSE
I hate seeing things like this happen, hopefully he bites the bullet and issues the refund....

There are no excuses in this situation. No one is ever too busy to write a check or click a few buttons in order to initiate a paypal transfer. Get with it man, you've stalled long enough.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
SPJ
I was just thinking some more about this.

I had an ad on KS and I responded to the people who emailed me about it with my paypal info. 2 people ended up paypalling me the total within minutes of each other.

I immediately refunded one of the payments.

Maybe I should have held onto one of the payments for a while and just said I was "too busy" to issue the refund.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #10
Chris@TSE
We did the same recently with a cham purchase, four purchases for the same animal within an hour of each other. Three were immediately refunded.

Why one would wait....... Beyond me.

Obviously they must have spent the money, there is no other excuse.

It would be nice in these situations if one would simply admit to a simply truth and say "hey, I'm sorry but we spent your money since your initial purchase and did not expect our deal to go south when we were set to ship and everything was finalized.... I'll refund you the second I can obtain the money through another source or sell the snake" but it never seems to work that way.

I'd still be a bit ticked, but I'd much prefer the honesty. Actually, I do not even think I would be ticked. At least I would not be strung along..... THATS just inexcusable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!