Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #91
MGReptiles
Why do I have the feeling it is about to become ungentleman like on this thread?? But then again I would have already started the legal process to get things corrected...

Old 10-18-2005, 06:08 PM   #92
mdc
No...

It will not get out of control on my part. I simply want what is owed to me. Adam, if you need to make payments to me, I am fine with that. Lets get this straightened out for the both of us. I only came here because it would take weeks to get a hold of you and I was tired of waiting. I held off as long as I thought I could and I truly believe that I was more patient than most would have been. This seems to have got your attention now, so lets work it out.

Matt Crabe

Old 10-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #93
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumMorph
You are missing the most IMPORTANT part of this rediculous situation. THE BUYER AGREED FOR ME TO SHIP SEPTEMBER AND WAS OK WITH IT............

We spoke and he was completely cool with it. We spoke as friends and we BOTH agreed on when to ship ....

I DID NOT DELAY THE SHIPPMENT. We agreed on our ship date.......
From the emails...the buyer made an agreement with you in MAY...with 60 days to complete payments...
16 days after he sent you the final payment you deposited the check...on July 27th...and told the buyer that you would be too busy to ship until after the Daytona show...

It appears it was never disclosed until AFTER all payments were made...seems to me the buyer wasn't given much choice other than to agree...
TWO WEEKS after the Daytona show...you make arrangements to ship on Monday...then...by your own admission...you do NOT check your emails for his confirmation...it wasn't that you didn't GET a confirmation...just that you never even bothered to look for it...so he takes a day off work...unable to reach you for DAYS...thinking you would honor your agreement and send the animal...

Hell yeah he has every right to be pissed...two months after the payments were finalized he still has no animal...no matter how you defend your actions you were the one slacking in this arrangement...he was never notified BEFORE making the payments that you wouldn't ship for ANOTHER 60 days...

Just left at home waiting for you to get ahold of him...your communication was lacking...and you left him high and dry...

You SHOULD have to pay him for the animal...and being a breeder you should have known he would need it by now in order to prepare it for breeding this year...which you were fully aware he intended...

Any way you slice it...I see you as the at fault party...

A customer of mine once told me (after one of my crews did some unintentional damage to his house) "everybody makes mistakes...it is not making mistakes that makes you a bad businessman...it is how you handle the mistakes after they have been made that shows your true colors."

I went on to do several jobs for this guy after that...
It is in your hands...with it on record for anyone who wants to check...
Do you want to argue over petty stuff that will not change whether or not you should pay this guy and look like a bad guy? Or do you want to shut up, apologize to him, pay him promptly, and show everyone that you are a good guy and handle your mistakes? The ball is your court...show us how you play.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #94
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
Why do I have the feeling it is about to become ungentleman like on this thread?? But then again I would have already started the legal process to get things corrected...
It certainly appears as if someones business is developing a bad smell. Why he would risk destroying a 10 year old good reputation over a minor issue of customer service is beyond me.

Your stubbornness is going to destroy your business reputation, Adam.

Refund him his money and walk away..............

Old 10-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #95
The BoidSmith
Quote:
You are missing the most IMPORTANT part of this rediculous situation. THE BUYER AGREED FOR ME TO SHIP SEPTEMBER AND WAS OK WITH IT............

We spoke and he was completely cool with it. We spoke as friends and we BOTH agreed on when to ship ....

Adam,

That's already in the past. The right thing to do now is to reimburse the money. You already stated that you have it, what are you waiting for then?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #96
Chameleon Company
Adam,
Here's where you still don't get it, when you say:
Quote:
Quite the contrary, the most ridiculous part of this situation is that you missed countless opportunities to complete the deal in anything close to a prompt, and expected, manner. So to you, and again I paraphrase, "what's the big deal in one more day". Ever hear of the straw that broke the camel's back? Matt put up with more excuses than I would ever tolerate, and like so for many of the posters here. So busy with preparation for show after show that you can't ship one snake, after the customer held up their end of the agreed upon deal exactly. What Matt gave you was a second chance, then a third, then a fourth .... and enough already! And should I go back and CAPITALIZE the parts that you don't seem to get? I haven't seen a post in support of your position lately ... does that register anywhere ? Just tell me, if you don't mind, but when you say "THE BUYER AGREED FOR ME TO SHIP SEPTEMBER AND WAS OK WITH IT ......", what were the other options that you gave him ? October? November? Get it?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #97
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc
It will not get out of control on my part. I simply want what is owed to me. Adam, if you need to make payments to me, I am fine with that. Lets get this straightened out for the both of us. I only came here because it would take weeks to get a hold of you and I was tired of waiting. I held off as long as I thought I could and I truly believe that I was more patient than most would have been. This seems to have got your attention now, so lets work it out.

Matt Crabe

I wasent refering to you my man.. I belive you deserve you money back. You deserved it back a while ago.. I am a small business owner and do everything possible to make my customers happy even if they themselves are in the wrong... Thats what having GOOD customer service is all about.. By gally making the customer happy, not beating around the bush.. I would be tared and feathered if I did that with even a small order.. Sheesh.....

Old 10-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #98
Bill_Leverton
Quote:

OK maybe I missed something ..But you said Sept ??? Its Oct And take it for what is worth Don't go down this road of pride or stupidity, Pay Matt and get it over with Take the hit and let this end. The longer this drags out the worse your going to look Adam

Old 10-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #99
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Laura, he AGREED for me to ship on a MONDAY. I did not get the confirmation, and he demaded his money back on a TUESDAY. I said he would have the animal WEDNESDAY. He refused.

How is one day from our agrred upon ship date going to delay quaranteen?

Please answer that question for me.......

Gee Adam, your stellar self imposed reputation is doing nothing for me, the member's of this board, or Matt.

I wasn't questioning your shipping date, I am questioning your performance and customer service. Matt missed the window of opportunity when you either forgot or got too busy to answer your emails or return phone his calls.

I realize that Daytona is a large show, however it is only one show once a year. Matt may be just one unhappy customer to you, but he is now part of a much bigger picture here. And how you handle yourself in this situation can be used as a gauge in how many customers you may or may not have in the future. Just do the right thing and refund his money. Simple, end of story.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #100
MillenniumMorph
Stop! The Last Post I Will Be Making .........

This is the last post I will be making. I have read back and forth and back and forth. I stayed up the entire night trying to answer questions and show my side of the story. I have just about exausted myself and will finish with this as my very last post. I have put as much time into this situation as I can.

I do appologize for those who do not understand. And most of all I appologize to Matt Crabe. As much as you do not want to beleive it, I do appologize. I appologize for the entire situation. I do not ever like having an unhappy customer. Regardless of who is right or wrong. I always do my best to make my customers as happy as possible. Obviously I did not make you happy and that is why I appologize.

Alot of people have responded to this post and have made many opinions to this situation. The biggest problem I am having here is trying to have everybody put them selves into my shoes. People just come onto the board, read the thread and start making assumpions. Alot of people starting bashing me before I had even responded. That just goes to show you how people have not even given me the chance to explain myself. One of the most popular threads is people telling me to give Matt his money back and end it. People are actually telling me to admitt that I do not have the money and to just own up to it. How they can make such a rediculous statement is beyond me. I have never even spoken to or done business with a single person who has responded to this thread, and yet they are making comments about my financial situation. How wrong is that. Nobody knows my financial situation and should not be making assumptions. Finances are not the issue here. The issue is about Matt changing his mind on the purchase of the snake and demanding a cash refund.

Someone actually told me to admitt that I spent the money.

Of course I spent the money. He paid over a 60 day period. That money came in, in dribs and drabs. It was used for the company bills each month or toward other animals the company had invested in. We have a large amount of bills each and every month to maintain and run this company. So of course the money was spent. But that does not mean that we do not have the money to refund Matt. Money is generated each and every month to opperate business. We do not sell 1 animal and hold the money. We spend the money. Corporations have something called operating expenses. Those expenses are paid with the money that the corporation generates each month.

Another rediculous comment was made in regards to us hiding behind our BS company policies. If we change our company policies for one person we will be on this board once a month because people will be mad that we have changed company policy for someone else and that we could not change it for them....This will mushroom and be a desaster, creating our company policy to be no existant. As I stated before in one of my replies. I said to the people who do not understand, to go down to a local store that has a no cash refund policy and to buy something. Then go back a couple of days later and try to get a cash refund. You will be bashing that store on the BOI along with Matt Crabe. Do you understand a little more on where I am coming from. I am just being realistic.

I do understand that it is only $2600. and that I could easily resolve this by cutting him a check before I sell the animal. But I can not do it for a couple of simple reasons. The first and most important reason is that we agreed that I would sell the animal for him and then refund his money. Becuase of the simple fact that we do not give cash refunds. He had no problem with this...Now all of a sudden he does. Another reason why we are not refunding his money is because company policy. And many others that we keep explaining.

If he was unaware of these policies from the beginning, I would understand your gripe. But Matt and I spoke the very first night in regards to the return policy and he was more than clear on our terms. That is another reason why I am sticking to my guns.

So please try to understand, this is not in regards to finances. We will probably suffer from this post and lose much more than $2,600. that we could just refund to Matt. Due to all the negitive posts and people not thinking clearly about the entire situation, or trying to put yourself in my shoes as the owner of the company and relate to where I am coming from. We will probaly lose business. But that wil not change our outlook. Not when we feel 100% right about the situation. If we were wrong we would admit it and take our lumps, but that is not the case.

I am not perfect and we have certainly made our shares of mistakes in business. Nobody is perfect. If I make a mistake or do something wrong, I will own up to it. For example, my busy schedule. I have appologized numerous times to my customers for my delay in respoonse. Lately it has been very busy around here and we have done our best to satify everyone and at the same time continue to grow in business.

Not to make excuses but I have been very busy lately and am working my best. Millennium Morphs is not my only gig. I have a professional sports photography company, Millennium Morphs ( my reptile company) and we have just resently opened up a retail pet store in our town. It has been very hectic trying to keep everything going. I have definately been delayed on returning emails or even getting my voicemails for that matter. But I am upfront with my customer and let them know this up front. It has always been my dream to have a retail pet store and I am doing my best to fullfill that dream. It is taking a toll on me, but will get easier in time to come. High end ball pythons and boa morphs ranging in prices of $1000.-$100,000. is not my only gig. Some people thing I do not care about the little guy and just focus on the big dollar deals. But that is so wrong it is not even funny. To prove that, I am now the owner of a retail pet store where my average sale is a couple of dollars. My entire customer base at our pet store consists of the smaller guys. So it just goes to show you that I care about each and every customer, equally whether they are big or small. I do remember not long ago, I was one of those small guys trying to get into the ball python market myself. With alot of hard work I have developed a compny that I am proud of.

So just for the record I am letting everyone know that MATT CRABE will get a full cash refund $2,600.00 as soon as the animal sells (very shortly). If he does not get his refund he has all the right in the world to call me a crook or come up here and bash me. Until then lets just please move on.

Thank you all for listening to me ramble on.

MATT CRABE YOU WILL GET YOU MONEY !!!!!!!!

I have never screwed anyone in my life and I will not start at this point in life. Hang tight and you will have your money.

I am confident the animal will sell even with all this BS, and will even go a step further. If the animal does not sell with in 30 days, I will refund your cash. I will have it sold ...........It that fair enough.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!