Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:54 PM   #81
Otter_23
You may have had 10 years of positive customer service. Unfortunately how you have handled this one transaction will nullify those 10 years.
Mark Westberg

Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #82
Junkyard
Adam, arguing about your terms is not getting you anywhere, remember they are terms not laws. I noticed something though, you were quick to reply to his e-mails after he was tired of you slacking off. Before than you could care less to respond in a timely matter. This is a perfect reason as to why I will not do business with you.

I will share some advice with you. We all make mistakes, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make good on the mistake. Pay Matt back and work to regain your reputation.

Matt, learn from this also with your future dealings.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #83
mdc
Update...

Well, I just got caught up with this thread. There was way more response than I expected and I thank you all for you opinions. I would like to clarify that the reason I told him that I didn't want him to ship on the second day and that I wanted my money back is because I had no reason to believe that he would actually ship. I didn't want to take another day off of work to be disappointed again.
Also, I did not come here to ruin Adam's reputation. I came here merely because I was getting nowhere on my own and was hoping this would get me my money.
I have not received any mention of a refund from Adam since I started this thread, but he did email the following:

Report Junk E-Mail
Report and Block Sender

Sign in
Sign out

New Instant Message
Add Messenger Contacts
Messenger Options

Sent : Monday, October 17, 2005 6:30 PM
To : 'Matthew Crabe' <mdcrabe@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Refund for my DH sunglow

| | | Inbox

You have got to be kidding me. I have done nothing wrong in this transaction. I even agreed to give you a cash refund which is AGAINST COMPANY POLICY. I have no idea what your problem is. All the years in business and I have never been on any BOI with a negative reply. And not you put one up for this rediculous situation. You are out of your mind. I never haggled you once about paying me over the course of 2 months, and I even gave you a KILLER WHOLESALE price on the animal. They always say you cant please eveyone..........

All I want is my money back and in a timely manner. Adam, you said you would make out a check and post it on here for all to see. Please do that today or at least come clean and tell me that you don't have the money or the animal.

Once again, thanks for everyone's support.

Matt Crabe

Old 10-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #84
A_Kendergirl
I know it wasn't your intention to ruin his reputation. Neither was it the intention of most of the posts until a few hours ago. I think the people posting here want to see a clean resolution as much as you do, but I also thing people are a little tired of running in circles. It's hard work going so many years with great customer service, and I think many of us were willing to give the the benefit of the doubt, and the chance to make things right. It's up to him to take that opportunity.

He's digging his own grave right now, you shouldn't feel bad about that. If he makes good in the 12 - 24 hours, I'm sure this will be water under the bridge for many people. If not...he can just keep on digging.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #85
Bighaze
Matt,

I think you have been good to your word, and infact I think you have waited way too long for your snake, or the money.

You said "I did not come here to ruin Adam's reputation",

Any harm his reputation has had over this, came from him, not you, you just let everyone see he is the type to hide behind his BS TOS.

Even in his e-mail, he is acting like he is doing you a favor by sending your cash back(someday?). I don't think anyone in there right mind would see that as a favor.

I still say with what has happend here, Adem is just a few steps from being a full blown scammer. If he does not send your money back soon, I would take the term of "a few steps from" out and just call him a scammer.

Adem, it's up to you, you can send the money back TODAY, or tell everyone you don't have it anymore and will send it when you can, or you can stand behind your BS TOS, and see how many people will rush to send you there hard earned money!!

Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #86
Alias47
I actually sat and read this whole post...and finally just had to put in my $0.02...

The thing that strikes me is the no cash refund policy and the "breaking" of his TOS to offer the refund.

A snake was paid for...on an agreed payment plan...and paid off before the agreed upon 60 days was up regardless of when the check was cashed...

After payment were complete...the buyer was made aware of a busy schedule...and waited for SEVERAL WEEKS...
Daytona was on Aug. 21st...I know...it's my birthday...

Another couple of WEEKS go by...the animal still has not been shipped...

I would say that this violates the buyers trust...and breaks the deal.

You are not "BREAKING" your TOS...you broke the terms of the deal and an IMMEDIATE and FULL refund is nothing short of what you OWE the customer.

You didn't ship on the agreed upon day because you didn't receive the confirmation that was in your email inbox that YOU never checked?
You finally get it together and are ready to ship "NEXT DAY" what...when the customer finally has put up with enough that he demands a refund??

Poor business ethics...lethargic business attitude...
Absolutely ridiculous...

Regardless of how "BUSY" you are...it does not take THAT long to get an animal out...especially one that someone has invested a good sum of money into...not that the price of the animal should matter...

I do not think that the customer should have to wait until YOU sell the animal that you already took his money for to receive a refund that you agreed to...

Quit floundering around this thread like a carp on a riverbank...Cough up the cash...and let this thing end...

I agree with Shrap...I am at the same stage he is...

Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #87
Laura Fopiano
Angry Wow Adam

Let me start by saying that I've never done business with either of these men, but what I do understand is quaranteen and boa breeding season. And from all of the emails posted on both sides, Matt's original intension was to use this new female as part of his breeding stock.

I believe that Matt has asked for a refund because the window of opportunity for quarantine and breeding will now be gone until next year. If it were me, I would have asked for the refund also.

It's a sad day when a 10 year business refuses to change or bend a policy and take a bad hit in the reputation for 2600 dollars. What a shame, I know the smaller guys would work much harder to satisfy their customers and provide better communication and service. Please do the right thing Adam and refund Matt his money owed.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #88
MillenniumMorph
respond to Alias47.....

You are missing the most IMPORTANT part of this rediculous situation. THE BUYER AGREED FOR ME TO SHIP SEPTEMBER AND WAS OK WITH IT............

We spoke and he was completely cool with it. We spoke as friends and we BOTH agreed on when to ship ....

I DID NOT DELAY THE SHIPPMENT. We agreed on our ship date.......

Old 10-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #89
MillenniumMorph
respond to Laura Cox........

Laura, he AGREED for me to ship on a MONDAY. I did not get the confirmation, and he demaded his money back on a TUESDAY. I said he would have the animal WEDNESDAY. He refused.

How is one day from our agrred upon ship date going to delay quaranteen?

Please answer that question for me.......

Old 10-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #90
mdc
I never agreed

Go back and read your email. You state that you will refund my money ASAP, then you go on to say that you think you have the animal sold. You never stated that I had to wait until she sold. Also, if you don't have the money, why inflate the price from what you sold her to me as. Put her on the market for $2600 and she will sell in a day, or at least she would have before this thread.
The last email I got from you was on the 10th stating that she was sold for $3000. I haven't seen her posted for sale again since then, so I'm assuming the deal went through. So where is my money? At this point I think you are a thief. Tell me if you are going to give my money back or if I should have the charge on my CC reversed.

Matt Crabe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!